PDA

View Full Version : 3adl Needs A Podcast!!

IHStangFan
06-14-2009, 04:55 AM
We need a podcast here on the DL. I was playing around w/ "Garage Band" on my Mac and discovered it'll allow me to make podcasts. Problem is....me being over here sometimes the trickle of info to me is slow, not to mention that I'm more than likely headed to AFG soon and I don't know what kinda internet connection I'll have over there if I have one at all.

BUT....

If we had a podcast what would it consist of?

A weekly pre-game breakdown of "Games of interest" from each Region?

A weekly scoreboard?

Player of the week bios?

What says the DL hive?

Emerson1
06-14-2009, 06:59 AM
That kind of stuff always ends up lasting like 3 weeks then dieing out.

K-MAC Chuck
06-14-2009, 07:25 AM
If you can find a sponsor or sponsors, I think your idea would materialize..

Txbroadcaster
06-14-2009, 07:32 AM
I did one for awhile..I know Chuck has as well

IHStangFan
06-15-2009, 03:55 AM
School me.....if one had the proper equipment to make said podcast and a server to host it on.....what part would a sponsor play in the equation?

sinton66
06-15-2009, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
School me.....if one had the proper equipment to make said podcast and a server to host it on.....what part would a sponsor play in the equation?

They pay the expenses for travel, fees, etc.

IHStangFan
06-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
They pay the expenses for travel, fees, etc. okay...okay...I think I see where some of the confusion is coming from....I'm talking about a PODCAST, not a WEBCAST. Basically recording a podcast summing up the week's HS football games, big plays, POTW, etc....then uploading it to say...iTunes' searchable podcast database for all to listen to. It was just something I was wondering about.....if anyone had ever tried it. I have all of the resources to do it, EXCEPT for one of the most important ones.....a reliable internet connection, LOL.

"Garage Band" for Mac....check
iTunes & iTunes account.....check
Reliable internet connection.....FAIL!

:D

Txbroadcaster
06-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
okay...okay...I think I see where some of the confusion is coming from....I'm talking about a PODCAST, not a WEBCAST. Basically recording a podcast summing up the week's HS football games, big plays, POTW, etc....then uploading it to say...iTunes' searchable podcast database for all to listen to. It was just something I was wondering about.....if anyone had ever tried it. I have all of the resources to do it, EXCEPT for one of the most important ones.....a reliable internet connection, LOL.

"Garage Band" for Mac....check
iTunes & iTunes account.....check
Reliable internet connection.....FAIL!

:D

It is still time consuming to do it. Like I said I have over the years provided podcasts for 3DL and KMAC did a little last year.

Server costs and equipment costs still well..cost lol

IHStangFan
06-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
It is still time consuming to do it. Like I said I have over the years provided podcasts for 3DL and KMAC did a little last year.

Server costs and equipment costs still well..cost lol Right...understood. I've got the server part of it covered as well if uploading to iTunes didn't work. We're running morale servers all over the place here and could even set up my own if needed. My only missing link as stated is a reliable ISP. Making said podcast is easy....setting up the server is also easy for me to accomplish w/ my own gear......the crappy internet connection, I cannot do anything about. LOL.

I was just curious. Thanks for the input guys! :)

COME ON FOOTBALL SEASON!! :clap:

sinton66
06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Barrett, pm Administrator and discuss with him. We have a server that we own.

IHStangFan
06-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Barrett, pm Administrator and discuss with him. We have a server that we own. Tony.....I would LOVE to take this on....but the fact remains I'm in Iraq w/ a crappy internet connection...and furthermore PROBABLY headed to Afganistan in the coming weeks/months where I may not have a connection at all. If I were home in TX I'd be ALL OVER this.

I was just curious as to the posibility and if anyone had tried it before.

Maybe when I get home next year I can take a serious shot at this one.

Thanks amigo! :)

LH Panther Mom
06-15-2009, 05:01 PM
So who would we be "listening" to?

And :mad: I don't have an iTunes account and don't want one...so there. :p

IHStangFan
06-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So who would we be "listening" to?

And :mad: I don't have an iTunes account and don't want one...so there. :p HEY HEY HEY!! I have a great speaking voice!!! :D

And as far as your not having an iTunes account....that's your loss sista! :p