PDA

View Full Version : Arlington Bowie 7 on 7 Results

bwdlionfan
06-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Out of pool play... Brownwood, Prosper, Celina, and Pilot Point advanced.

In the semi-finals... Brownwood beat Prosper 35-25, Celina beat Pilot Point 47-39. In the championship Celina beat Brownwood 40-31. Some really good games at the end.

NTFan
06-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Out of pool play... Brownwood, Prosper, Celina, and Pilot Point advanced.

In the semi-finals... Brownwood beat Prosper 35-25, Celina beat Pilot Point 47-39. In the championship Celina beat Brownwood 40-31. Some really good games at the end.

There were some really good games.....The Pilot Point/Celina game was a battle to the end. Both teams have a lot of speed and quickness. I thought Celina looked a little more ahead of where they were last year. The defense played well, and the offensive was basically unstoppable during this tournament. Romero caught a ton of balls and Worrell made some really great decisions. I believe they scored on all but ONE possesion during the entire tournament. If you do that, you will win most of your 7 on 7 games. Congrats to all the teams that made it out of their pool. It was very hot, and humid.

bwdlionfan
06-14-2009, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by NTFan
There were some really good games.....The Pilot Point/Celina game was a battle to the end. Both teams have a lot of speed and quickness. I thought Celina looked a little more ahead of where they were last year. The defense played well, and the offensive was basically unstoppable during this tournament. Romero caught a ton of balls and Worrell made some really great decisions. I believe they scored on all but ONE possesion during the entire tournament. If you do that, you will win most of your 7 on 7 games. Congrats to all the teams that made it out of their pool. It was very hot, and humid.

Now that you said that I'm trying to think... I know Brownwood got the 1 interception on Celina... I don't remember any turn over on downs that Celina had though... that's impressive to have only been stopped once during the whole tournament.

NTFan
06-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Now that you said that I'm trying to think... I know Brownwood got the 1 interception on Celina... I don't remember any turn over on downs that Celina had though... that's impressive to have only been stopped once during the whole tournament.

Yes, I believe that interception was the only possession that Celina didn't score on during the tournament. Brownwood has some very quick receivers....Shipley was basically unstoppable. I read in DCTF where you guys had a huge TE.....I didn't notice him on Saturday. Was he there?

bwdlionfan
06-14-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm not sure... yesterday was the first time I'd seen most of these guys playing and I wasn't sure who most of them were. I saw that in DCTF... they list him at 6'3 240... is that who you're talking about?

NTFan
06-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure... yesterday was the first time I'd seen most of these guys playing and I wasn't sure who most of them were. I saw that in DCTF... they list him at 6'3 240... is that who you're talking about?

Yes......I just didn't see a big receiver.......I was just wondering

BEAST
06-15-2009, 08:57 AM
No he was not there. He is going to be a defensive end. He may some action on offense but the spread offense does not typically use a tight end.

BEAST

Lion_Addict
06-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Brownwood has some very quick receivers....Shipley was basically unstoppable.

I have yet to get to see him play, but our local newspaper had a picture from the game against Kaufman of J. Shipley jumping up over the defender to make a grab. I'm tellin ya......that young man has got one heck of a vertical leap! :eek: :eek:

PPSTATEBOUND
06-15-2009, 09:54 AM

Wow sounds like one tuff tournament to get out of.....Congrats to all that advanced, and best of luck to those on their next shot.

NTfan checkum please....:)

block&tackle
06-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Wow sounds like one tuff tournament to get out of.....Congrats to all that advanced, and best of luck to those on their next shot.

NTfan checkum please....:)
I heard that PP was our toughest game...the scores seem to indicate that as well. Any word on what is happening with enrollment over there? I believe that we are down a bit but I haven't heard anything about the Point.

PPSTATEBOUND
06-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle
I heard that PP was our toughest game...the scores seem to indicate that as well. Any word on what is happening with enrollment over there? I believe that we are down a bit but I haven't heard anything about the Point.

433 as of a week ago.

marler1972
06-15-2009, 10:53 AM

Where did you hear we were down abit? I have heard we are around 515-530 range

block&tackle
06-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by marler1972
Where did you hear we were down abit? I have heard we are around 515-530 range
I heard that in grades 1-12 we had gone down in all but 2 or 3. That was from an administrator but that doesn't make it true.

orange machine
06-15-2009, 05:17 PM

The Pilot Point game was the toughest i thought. They have some fast little dudes.