PDA

View Full Version : dctf

TexasHSFB
06-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Can somebody post the preseason picks for District 25 and 26?

I haven't got a chance to pick up the magazine yet and I would like to know his picks.

IHStangFan
06-13-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm curious about that as well and haven't been able to get my hands on a DC over here just yet.

LHS 2SONS
06-13-2009, 02:31 PM
District 25
1 Bellville
2 Giddings
3 La Grange

District 26
1 Sweeny
2 Needville
3 Brookshire Royal

mac77
06-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS

District 26
1 Sweeny
2 Needville
3 Brookshire Royal

I wonder what DCTF is making their judgments on. District 26 is going to be a mess this year. Both Needville and Sweeny graduated some key players and Wharton (who made the playoffs) was real young. Royal is the only team that should have high expectations. Going to be interesting!

TexasHSFB
06-13-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by mac77
I wonder what DCTF is making their judgments on. District 26 is going to be a mess this year. Both Needville and Sweeny graduated some key players and Wharton (who made the playoffs) was real young. Royal is the only team that should have high expectations. Going to be interesting! With the athletes Royal has, they should win district every year, but they won't make the playoffs again.

IMO, Sweeny, WC, and Wharton will be in.

STAggie
06-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
With the athletes Royal has, they should win district every year, but they won't make the playoffs again.

IMO, Sweeny, WC, and Wharton will be in.

You have no idea what you are talking about. The coaching staff in place at Royal will have that team in the playoffs this year. It has taken them a couple years to implement their system and now that they have, the results will show on the field.

TexasHSFB
06-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
You have no idea what you are talking about. The coaching staff in place at Royal will have that team in the playoffs this year. It has taken them a couple years to implement their system and now that they have, the results will show on the field. ok....

STAggie
06-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
ok....

It's just funny how you take a shot at them every time you can. The way you talk they shouldn't even show up on Friday nights.

TexasHSFB
06-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
It's just funny how you take a shot at them every time you can. The way you talk they shouldn't even show up on Friday nights. What I say is true as far as history goes.

They always have the best athletes in their district.... yet have failed to make the playoffs every year recently.....

Maybe they will make the playoffs this year.... but I want to see it happen before I praise them. I picked them last year to make the playoffs and they failed me again last year. I'd like to see them make some noise, but I just don;t see it happening. Kudos to the coaches if they get them in thew playoffs.

SHSBulldog00
06-14-2009, 12:20 AM
I don't have the magazine yet; but I have seen all of the teams in the district.

My Predictions

1. Sweeny
2. Needville
3. Brookshire Royal
4. West Columbia
5. Wharton
6. Stafford

How close is this to Dave Campbell's prediction?

TexasHSFB
06-14-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I don't have the magazine yet; but I have seen all of the teams in the district.

My Predictions

1. Sweeny
2. Needville
3. Brookshire Royal
4. West Columbia
5. Wharton
6. Stafford

How close is this to Dave Campbell's prediction? Stafford had a pretty salty QB last year and I think he was only a sophmore.

I don;t think they will get anything above last in district, but he might keep them in some games, maybe even win one or two for them.... IF I'm not mistaken.

And what does Needville bring back that warrants praise? My last memory of Needville was them getting smoked by an average Sealy team in Rosenberg... practically in their backyard. They looked SLOW against Sealy.

mac77
06-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00

What do you mean "...seen all the teams in district.?" If you mean last season, then it isn't the same teams. If you've seen them this year, you must have been sneaking around a few athletic periods in the final weeks of school! Which is it?

Johnny Utah
06-14-2009, 11:20 AM
When your dealing with high school kids you never know. Attitudes, injury, grades, all play a role. Much easier to pick the district finish on paper than to play the games out. Always going to be some surprises. Bellvilles district is salty. Stafford will win the region in hoops not football.

TexasHSFB
06-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Stafford will win the region in hoops not football. Who said anything about them being good in football?

I said they had a pretty good QB. Nothing else. He might be enough to keep them in a few games, but not to make the playoffs ro anything. And of course, Stafford will rule basketball, but that has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Johnny Utah
06-14-2009, 01:54 PM
You are the expert, my apologies.

I_DONT_CARE
06-14-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
You are the expert, my apologies.
:speech: :speech:

Johnny Utah
06-14-2009, 02:05 PM
LOL

In all seriousness. Watching Brookshire in track, they should make a run. Sealy and Bellvilles districti might be the toughest around. Some great teams may stay home.