PDA

View Full Version : FCA All Star game tomorrow

injuredinmelee
06-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Who is going?

TexasHSFB
06-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Who is going? Are you talking about the all star game in Alvin or whatever?

If so, I'm going.

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Who is going?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95130

It appears we are down to one SW poster, one BW poster, one
Graham poster, and two Wylie posters.

injuredinmelee
06-13-2009, 10:07 AM
my daughter went camping with my parents this week and called me last night because she had stayed out at the pool all day yesterday and is burned to a crisp. SHe is miserable and wont go anywhere so it looks like parenthood wins out and I will be watching the game on tv. Please God dont let David "douche bag" Bacon be doing play by play.

cshscougar08
06-13-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm going to the one in Waco tonight.

ccmom
06-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
I'm going to the one in Waco tonight.

I wish ours was tonight, instead of at 2. I'm already getting cranky, just thinking about how hot it's gonna be.

GetRDoneStangs
06-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I wish ours was tonight, instead of at 2. I'm already getting cranky, just thinking about how hot it's gonna be.

No kidding....why they moved it to the heat of the day, it is usually hot enough when it started at 7!!

Look at the current temp now...

Abilene Dyess, Texas (Airport)
Updated: 15 min 27 sec ago
Clear
94 °F
Clear
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 72 °F
Wind: 8 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.92 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 102 °F

When the heat index is higher than the temp in West Texas.....it must be really bad to the east!!!

OK, I will go ahead and say it.......WHOEVER is in charge of setting up the game in Abilene, you are IDIOTS!!!

These kids are not in "Football" shape and you want them to play in temp that are going to be around 105- 110 degs??

I know some early season games are played in these temps, but they have been in 2 a days and are ready for it.

The folks that support it may stay home as well (I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel otherwise would be there)

ccmom
06-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Change of plans here....kids decided it's too hot. They know how mommy gets in the heat. We wil be watching it in the air conditioned house....woohoo!

GetRDoneStangs
06-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Change of plans here....kids decided it's too hot. They know how mommy gets in the heat. We wil be watching it in the air conditioned house....woohoo!

Thanks for supporting my view!!!

We are fixing to head to Lowe's in Abilene, need to get a few last things for the bathroom.

Plan on staying in the AC as much as we can......may see stagGirl2007 at her new job at Chili's a little latter on this evening!!

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Just got here and it is hotter than hell!!! Me and. Gp77 snagged the last seats availlable right under the press box. Hey GetRDone rermember there are no lights at shotwell.

GetRDoneStangs
06-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Just got here and it is hotter than hell!!! Me and. Gp77 snagged the last seats availlable right under the press box. Hey GetRDone rermember there are no lights at shotwell.

My bad.....

I take back what I said ...except they could have moved it to Mustang Bowl...oh wait...we don't have concessions or bathrooms!!!

Ok, the heat of the day may be the best option at this time!!

Have fun guys...wish I was there....:D :D

It would be cheaper, have you remodled a bathroom lately???:eek: :eek: :eek: :doh:

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Brownwood's Parker Talor catches a 40 yd TD pass. He was being defended by a Snyder kid. :devil:

GetRDoneStangs
06-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Brownwood's Parker Talor catches a 40 yd TD pass. He was being defended by a Snyder kid. :devil:

It was a good play...being 6'4" doesn't hurt matters!!!

I think I have seen that play before!!:(

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2009, 02:41 PM
After three punts by Sweetwater's kicker. Roscoe's jacob villanueva comes in and gets the ball moving. That kis is good and so is his twin brother is too.

bs747
06-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know the score of the game?

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2009, 03:08 PM
South side leading 6-0 at the half.

bs747
06-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Can you keep us updated on the score?

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Jacob Villanueva throws a lateral pass to his brother Jared. Jared then throws it down field to jacob for a 47 yard TD.

North 7
South 6

7 mintes left in 3rd qtr.

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Same score end of 3rd qtr.

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2009, 04:31 PM
One minute left south trying to get into FG range and they do. SA Lakeview QB goes on a twenty something yard run followed by a personal foul. First and goal at the 7 with 30 seconds left. Sandifer calls a pass play and it is intercepted in the end zone by Jared Villaneuva. Game over.

North 7
South 6

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Jacob V wins outstanding offensive player.

Jared V wins outstanding defensive player.

garciap77
06-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
No kidding....why they moved it to the heat of the day, it is usually hot enough when it started at 7!!

Look at the current temp now...

Abilene Dyess, Texas (Airport)
Updated: 15 min 27 sec ago
Clear
94 °F
Clear
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 72 °F
Wind: 8 mph from the SSE
Pressure: 29.92 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 102 °F

When the heat index is higher than the temp in West Texas.....it must be really bad to the east!!!

OK, I will go ahead and say it.......WHOEVER is in charge of setting up the game in Abilene, you are IDIOTS!!!

These kids are not in "Football" shape and you want them to play in temp that are going to be around 105- 110 degs??

I know some early season games are played in these temps, but they have been in 2 a days and are ready for it.

The folks that support it may stay home as well (I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel otherwise would be there)

There are no lights at Shotwell! I think someone stole them! Those senior pranks!:devil:

garciap77
06-13-2009, 05:44 PM

It wasn't even hot!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_7845.jpg

;)

garciap77
06-13-2009, 05:48 PM

That 8' tall receiver(#9) does not look as tall as Rocket professes!:D
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8362.jpg

;)

oline09
06-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Who played in the Game from Breckenridge this year? This is a awesome week and a awesome game. Steve Keenum and his FCA group does a super job!!! I was honored to be the head coach of the north in 2006. It was truely a blessing in my coaching career and a great honor. God Bless and have a great summer!!!!
1. God
2. Family
3. Football

Stan Howard

injuredinmelee
06-13-2009, 07:45 PM
SHotwell had a light pole bust in a storm earlier this spring and for saefty reasons removed all the poles. The lights are currently sitting out in the south parking lot. The game had to be played in the afternoon. Couldnt move it to Wyliue at night because of their renovations. Steve Keenum is the classiest act around and does a great job with the whole thing. HE was a saving grace today on play by play as he was the only one that knew anything about the game of football.

Sweetwater Red
06-13-2009, 08:48 PM
To answer yout question oline. It was troy roberson. He didn't get very many carries. I belive he had two carries for 8 tards at the half and not sure after that. The gilmore kid from wylie got most of the work.

garciap77
06-15-2009, 07:58 AM
To answer yout question oline. It was troy roberson. He didn't get very many carries. I belive he had two carries for 8 tards at the half and not sure after that. The gilmore kid from wylie got most of the work.

tards! Are you still posting from you cell? haha

;)

Sweetwater Red
06-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
tards! Are you still posting from you cell? haha

;)

At that time yes. Hahaha:doh:

Btw thanks for showing me the easy way to get from Shotwell
to the mall. I got there in under 15 minutes. I only had to do that
one other time and let's just say it took a helluva lot longer than
15 minutes.

garciap77
06-15-2009, 08:20 AM
At that time yes. Hahaha:doh:

Btw thanks for showing me the easy way to get from Shotwell
to the mall. I got there in under 15 minutes. I only had to do that
one other time and let's just say it took a helluva lot longer than
15 minutes.

How was the hangover!?:D

;)

Sweetwater Red
06-15-2009, 08:35 AM
How was the hangover!?:D

;)

The movie was awesome... the one I woke up with the next morning...
not so much.:D

Looking4number8
06-15-2009, 10:09 AM

Wylie was playing for the south and Breckenridge was playing for the north.

I am not sure who was getting most of the work for the north but I felt like they did not use Roberson as much as they should have. The man is a beast!

Looking4number8
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
It wasn't even hot!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_7845.jpg

;)

Sayla told us that the turf was so hot that before their halftime dance the "flyers" had to get their shoes wet because the souls of the shoes were so hot the bases could not hold them.... now that is pretty hot. Thank goodness for the cloud cover in the 2nd half!

Sweetwater Red
06-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Wylie was playing for the south and Breckenridge was playing for the north.

I am not sure who was getting most of the work for the north but I felt like they did not use Roberson as much as they should have. The man is a beast!

Damn you are right.:doh:

I agree. I know at halftime the PA guy said he only had two carries.:dispntd:

injuredinmelee
06-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Wonder why Pimpton from Cooper didnt see many carries. He ran hard that final drive.

garciap77
06-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Wonder why Pimpton from Cooper didnt see many carries. He ran hard that final drive.

He had about five carries before that for a of total 5 yards! Were was the Brownwood QB! It would have been a nice combo between him and Parker Taylor!

Sweetwater Red
06-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Were was the Brownwood QB!

Sitting at TCU with his scholarship like he should've been????:thinking:

garciap77
06-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Sitting at TCU with his scholarship like he should've been????:thinking:
Yeah! I forgot Looking4number8 told me that before the game! Must of been them beers I had before the game to keep me cool!:D

;)

Lion_Addict
06-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Must of been them beers I had before the game to keep me cool!:D

;)

YAWL SUCK!!! :( :(

:p

Sweetwater Red
06-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict

There will be other opportunities. Just not until Aug/Sept. Lol

garciap77
06-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict

You missed the first TD! I'll posted when YOU get home you, so you can see it!:D

P.S. WET SHIRT contest was great! :D

;)

One more thing! Someone asked for at the Wings!;)

Lion_Addict
06-15-2009, 12:46 PM
There will be other opportunities. Just not until Aug/Sept. Lol

We can always find an "opportunity" brotha! ;)

Lion_Addict
06-15-2009, 12:47 PM
You missed the first TD! I'll posted when YOU get home you, so you can see it!:D

P.S. WET SHIRT contest was great! :D

;)

One more thing! Someone asked for at the Wings!;)

Hmmmmmmmm :thinking: :thinking: