PDA

View Full Version : Taking advantage of free food

crzyjournalist03
06-12-2009, 01:31 PM
How often do you guys do the surveys on the back of receipts at fast food restaurants that give you free food for completing them? I know that Burger King's receipt says something about "Limit one free Whopper per customer per month" or something along those lines, but obviously, they're going on an honors system with it since they don't actually track you when you come in to redeem your code.

The reason I ask is because I recently went to Arby's for lunch and all of their receipts have that survey on the back. I called in and got the promotion code, and about a week later, I went and redeemed it for a free sandwich. I also bought fries and a drink so that I did pay for something, and when I got my receipt, the cashier says, "And you know, there's a survey on the back of this one too, so you could get another free sandwich."

I didn't do it because I almost felt guilty using a receipt where I had already gotten a free sandwich and using it to get another one despite the fact that I did pay for fries and a drink.

What do you guys think?

BreckTxLonghorn
06-12-2009, 01:34 PM
It sounds like Arby's had entered into a vicious cycle. You need to inform them of this by exploiting it.

Bullaholic
06-12-2009, 01:48 PM
How do you think G2 lives every month? He's also got a great street corner for panhandling...:D

crzyjournalist03
06-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How do you think G2 lives every month? He's also got a great street corner for panhandling...:D

haha...I actually have a friend who buys coupons from some shady people...whenever he needs to buy something, he'll figure out what store he's going to, send them some money via paypal, and voila!, he's got a coupon that saves him a lot more money than he paid for the coupon.

Sweetwater Red
06-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Given the cost of the fries and drink...that probably only cost them
pennies....was the sandwich really "free"?:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
06-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Given the cost of the fries and drink...that probably only cost them
pennies....was the sandwich really "free"?:thinking:

There's no purchase required. I could go in and get the sandwich and leave, but I usually enjoy fries and a drink, so I bought them of my own will and accord.

Sweetwater Red
06-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
There's no purchase required. I could go in and get the sandwich and leave, but I usually enjoy fries and a drink, so I bought them of my own will and accord.

I didn't read your first post close enough.:doh:

SintonFan
06-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Rofl!
crzy, don't ever feel bad about what they(any company) promote. First you payed for the first meal, then you payed for fries and a drink when you redeemed a coupon(the drink is almost all profit lol.)
You should do it again! And not feel bad about it.
If the company offered this deal then they can afford it.:)