PDA

View Full Version : New 3A Schools 2009-10

SHSBulldog00
06-12-2009, 11:46 AM
What are all of the new 3A school's opening in 2009-10. And how will it affect realignment in 2010-2011 and the neighboring school's.

Leander Rouse (affect on Leander High)

Austin Vandergrift (what school's will it affect)

North Forney (affect on Forney High)

Any other new school's?

PPHSfan
06-12-2009, 01:47 PM
In Forney, the Band and Chess Club members will attend Forney North, while the Football Players will attend Forney High.

Emerson1
06-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
In Forney, the Band and Chess Club members will attend Forney North, while the Football Players will attend Forney High.
I wish. More like all the athletes who live in WMF and in the bad part of town will be at NFHS with all the speed.

crzyjournalist03
06-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I wish. More like all the athletes who live in WMF and in the bad part of town will be at NFHS with all the speed.

And they'll be fast too...:D

PPHSfan
06-12-2009, 02:31 PM

LOL,

Forney has a "bad" part of town?

That's pretty funny.

New Orleans has some "bad" parts, so does Dallas and Ft. Worth.

What happens if the "bad" part of Forney? Do they spit on the sidewalk or something?

Emerson1
06-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Most of North where all these people are moving away from Dallas and Mesquite to these communities that have 1 square foot of yards

PPHSfan
06-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Most of North where all these people are moving away from Dallas and Mesquite to these communities that have 1 square foot of yards

Well anyone without a yard to mow will certainly turn out "bad".

crzyjournalist03
06-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Well anyone without a yard to mow will certainly turn out "bad".

Haven't you heard the joke about the weedeater???? :eek: :p :D

K-MAC Chuck
06-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
What are all of the new 3A school's opening in 2009-10. And how will it affect realignment in 2010-2011 and the neighboring school's.

SHSBulldog,
You are on top of things! Love your posts!

Okay as far as Rouse and Vandergrift go...
*They will both be 3A and will probably be in a district with Liberty Hill come realignment in February
*Both schools very well could - according to someone on the inside - create a situation where only one Leander ISD high school (probably Vista Ridge) would be 5A, look for Cedar Park and Leander to drop to 4A...
*Word is that Vandy could be the biggest of all 5 Leander ISD high schools when all is said-and-done

LHexPlayer
06-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
SHSBulldog,
You are on top of things! Love your posts!

Okay as far as Rouse and Vandergrift go...
*They will both be 3A and will probably be in a district with Liberty Hill come realignment in February
*Both schools very well could - according to someone on the inside - create a situation where only one Leander ISD high school (probably Vista Ridge) would be 5A, look for Cedar Park and Leander to drop to 4A...
*Word is that Vandy could be the biggest of all 5 Leander ISD high schools when all is said-and-done

Chuck that is the word here in Cedar Park. That Cedar Park High will be 4a next alignment.

LH Panther Mom
06-12-2009, 06:40 PM

Rouse opened last year. Both it and Vandegrift have some type of affect on LISD which consists of Cedar Park HS, LHS and Vista Ridge.

Heck, they're both screwing up our district this coming season, other than football. :D

:doh: Note to self: next time read the whole thread. :p

cotulla
06-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Word from a friend on the "in" is that rouse and vandergrift will both be 4a next go round.

No one has mentioned Boerne High reopening with 890 students in August. They will more than likely make the move up next alignment also.

It will be interesting to see what happens to district 8 &. 30 schools Again next alignment.

Matthew328
06-12-2009, 07:54 PM
what about Wylie East....won't they possibly be 3A???

Isn't Frisco Heritage going to be 3A also?

garciap77
06-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Matthew you know we will always be 3A, but that's an idea, I think we have the numbers for at least two 3A Wylie's down here, maybe a north and a south! J/K

;)

Johnny Utah
06-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Boerne High will not be in the same classification as Boerne Champion, mark that down. They do not want the two schools competing against each other. Look for Boerne to stay 3a for the realignment. Or go 4a and Champion to 5a. Either way....they will not be in the same district for a while.

K-MAC Chuck
06-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by cotulla
Word from a friend on the "in" is that rouse and vandergrift will both be 4a next go round.

:fnypost:

cotulla
06-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Boerne ISD? Do they have they have the control to keep a 3A & a 4A? Right now it's open enrollment for the incoming freshman for the next 3 school years. A few months ago they had 350 kids signed up. Then the school goes on a p. r. Crusade to get more kids at boerne high and now they hVe more than they wanted.

Until they force enrollment zones they have no control over how many kids they have in each school.

Twirling Time
06-12-2009, 10:43 PM

That's the word I'm hearing. Also Frisco Lone Star will jump into varsity play in 2011. That's why whatever district these schools are in had better be an odd-number district when realignment comes out. Cousins dropped the ball big-time with the Lovejoy/Liberty deal.

SHSBulldog00
06-13-2009, 09:47 AM
What about George Ranch High School in Fort Bend County? Will they open as a 3A or 4A?

How will it affect Lamar Consolidated ISD and Needville ISD?

crimson blood
06-13-2009, 12:43 PM
will liberty hill remain 3a? when i left there they had gone from 1 to 2 and bubbled on 2 for a long time.

TexasHSFB
06-13-2009, 12:56 PM
What about George Ranch High School in Fort Bend County? Will they open as a 3A or 4A?

How will it affect Lamar Consolidated ISD and Needville ISD? I posted a thread about it a few days ago.

We came to the conclusion that they will be 4A and their enrollment will affect Terry's enrollment more than anything else.

I think the effect on Needville will be slim to none.

maestro
06-14-2009, 08:38 AM
that would hurt terry high..

they are currently on a " down" cycle..

LH Panther Mom
06-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by crimson blood
will liberty hill remain 3a? when i left there they had gone from 1 to 2 and bubbled on 2 for a long time.
Yes. We ended the year with 50 more students, all grades, than we started the year. We graduated 155 +/- a couple, and probably (just guessing) have roughly 180-190 incoming freshman class. Unless we have 200-250 high schoolers move in between now & snapshot day, we'll stay 3A.

Matthew328
06-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I think LH is safe for the time being. Economy has slowed so i doubt the growth goes up by more than 40-50 kids in the next couple of cycles. The way the # keeps going up from 3A-4A cut I'd imagine we'll see Stephenville in 3A before LH in 4A

Johnny Utah
06-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Cotulla, do not know about the open enrollment at Boerne. Do know they gave the Champion kids the option.....not enough were going over so they mandated more to go to get them to a big 3a. Was told they will not be in the same districts by a coach on staff, said that is what the admin wants. Kind of like Frisco wanting all 4a schools, it can be done.

Matthew328
07-23-2009, 07:05 PM
Here's who I determine will be 3A as new schools

Wylie East
North Forney
Boerne
Frisco Heritage

I'm also hearing the HISD 3A enrollment schools will all drop and be in their own district. I think the open districts in 3A may come to end....

Here are schools I anticpate either dropping to 3A or moving up to 3A...I think the 5A/4A cut stays the same but 4A/3A cut moves up to right around 1000.

San Elizario
Canyon
Pampa
Big Spring
Mineral Wells
FW Dunbar
FW Polytechnic
Lindale
Henderson
Mabank
Elgin
Barbers Hill
Houston Jones
Houston Furr
Houston Worthing
Houston Kashmere
Houston Washington
Houston Scarborough
Austin Regan (not sure if they might opt up)
Pleasanton
Rockport-Fulton

jason
07-23-2009, 07:25 PM
I think LH is safe for the time being. Economy has slowed so i doubt the growth goes up by more than 40-50 kids in the next couple of cycles. The way the # keeps going up from 3A-4A cut I'd imagine we'll see Stephenville in 3A before LH in 4A i played golf a few weeks ago with somebody who is involved with stephenville isd administration and they mentioned stephenville going 3a and i commented that maybe that would help them be competitive again - they didnt like that too much and he reminded me how 'good' they were last year, and then i reminded him that they should have lost in the first round to dunbar, they played the 3rd string of wichita falls rider, and then had to play an el paso school - and then, once they played a good team (everman) they got beat - AGAIN.......

Matthew328
07-23-2009, 07:34 PM
I think Stephenville stays 4A.....enrollment is high 1000's and not declining...staying fairly steady....I think the cut will be within 20 either way of 1000

SHSBulldog00
07-23-2009, 10:50 PM
If the top number goes to 1,000 - 1,020. What would the low number move to 450?

How would this affect Brazosport and El Campo?

Matthew328
07-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Low # might move closer to 500....El Campo is right on the border, a lot depends on how big the freshman class is...Brazosport is safe they were over 1200

SHSBulldog00
07-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Another school that amazes me is Bay City. There numbers seem to remain the same even if the town is growing. How are they looking?

Emerson1
07-23-2009, 10:59 PM
I'll try to get an estimated number for North Forney in the coming weeks. They are moving all of their attendance stuff to a new system so no one really knows for sure.

Matthew328
07-23-2009, 11:29 PM
Forney's got what 1800 max??? Heck Forney and North might be 3A if they split it up right...

My guess is Forney stays 4A and North starts at 3A

SintonFan
07-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by cotulla
Boerne ISD? Do they have they have the control to keep a 3A & a 4A? Right now it's open enrollment for the incoming freshman for the next 3 school years. A few months ago they had 350 kids signed up. Then the school goes on a p. r. Crusade to get more kids at boerne high and now they hVe more than they wanted.

Until they force enrollment zones they have no control over how many kids they have in each school.
I talked to some friends in Boerne. They are pretty sure Boerne will be 3A for a few years, but that area is still growing.:nerd:

Old Green
07-24-2009, 01:04 AM
Another school that amazes me is Bay City. There numbers seem to remain the same even if the town is growing. How are they looking? Bay City's enrollment is just under 1200. With the upcoming expansion of the Nuclear plant, they are expecting 10,000 to 15,000 people to relocate to the area. The whole area Palacios, El Campo, BC, and Van Vleck school systems will all have some growth.

3afan
07-24-2009, 06:24 AM
.... Forney stays 4A and North starts at 3A

thats already a done deal

Emerson1
07-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
thats already a done deal
If he means starting as a varsity 3A it's not

Emerson1
07-24-2009, 10:54 AM
Forney's got what 1800 max??? Heck Forney and North might be 3A if they split it up right...

Well they split it everyone north of 80 stays north, south stays south.

Unless you have a family member who went to FHS or you have a family member who works there.

Bull Butter
07-24-2009, 11:01 AM
If the low end goes up to near 500, how many current 3A schools would drop?

Falfurrias
Lyford
Orange Grove?

87 TIGER
07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
If the low end goes up to near 500, how many current 3A schools would drop?

Falfurrias
Lyford
Orange Grove? Cameron would drop for sure and Rockdale would be on the edge we have a large senior class leaving and a small fresh class coming in so we will be very close to 500. And Caldwell isn't much over 500. What would the bottom of 2a possibly be?

Twirling Time
07-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Matthew, don't forget Aubrey moving up to 3A. They were just eight under the cutoff last time and subdivisions are still popping up out there like dandelions. My guess is that 2A district will be the same with Ponder replacing Aubrey.

Commerce and Van Alstyne are going to drop to 2A, so that leaves Anna to join Celina, Prosper, Aubrey and Frisco Heritage along with one other school. Probably Lovejoy, if they stay 3A. Or they could leave it a 5-team district and add Lone Star in 2011.

If Dunbar drops to 3A ... gulp. Forget about winning state in basketball for the next couple of years.

sic'em
07-26-2009, 07:52 AM
I doubt they would move the bottom limit all the way to 500. It will probably look more like 460-1000. That will put a bunch of teams on the bubble.

mwynn05
07-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Matthew, don't forget Aubrey moving up to 3A. They were just eight under the cutoff last time and subdivisions are still popping up out there like dandelions. My guess is that 2A district will be the same with Ponder replacing Aubrey.

Commerce and Van Alstyne are going to drop to 2A, so that leaves Anna to join Celina, Prosper, Aubrey and Frisco Heritage along with one other school. Probably Lovejoy, if they stay 3A. Or they could leave it a 5-team district and add Lone Star in 2011.

If Dunbar drops to 3A ... gulp. Forget about winning state in basketball for the next couple of years. the gap isnt as big as you think it is...this year kimball was in the 4a state title game they lost to madison and argyle...

18handicap
07-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Our sources in Leander and Round Rock ISDs tell us that Leander HS will stay 5A. Rouse is already affecting Vista Ridge and they will drop to 4A. Also, Vandegrifft will affect Cedar Park much more than Leander HS and they will drop to 4A as well. Those two dropping affect not only 3A, but 4A and 5A as well. Where we are (College Station), we could go just about anywhere, especially with Copperas Cove and Temple going down to 4A, possibly Shoemaker as well. Our RR people also told us that Pflugerville Connally will go back to 4A and their website pretty much confirms that. The new RR school will just give them 5 5A schools.

I believe that Rudder will go 4A at the realignment since that school is designed to hold about 1400 students and they will have a full school in 2010-11.

Talking to Lamar CISD coaches at coaching school last week, they said that Lamar Consolidated will be most affected by the opening of George Ranch HS. Terry will be affected as well, but the Greatwood area, which now goes to Lamar, will go to the new school. They are trying to keep their schools at 1400-1600 enrollment.

The Houston paper mentioned that Dr. Breithaupt said that Houston ISD might let their 3A size schools go ahead and play in 3A, but quoted the HISD athletic director, Darryl Wade, as saying that decision hasn't been made or really discussed yet.

430-979 is a huge difference in enrollment in 3A as is 980-2084 in 4A. It really doesn't seem fair that schools on the low end should play schools over double in size. It really doesn't matter in 5A, but I feel that a new conference (6A) is needed, but with the current economics, I don't see it happening because of travel, even though with the current 2-5A (San Angelo to Amarillo), travel isn't as much of an issue for them anymore because they are used to it. I know that we travel 100 miles for every game as well and we don't complain as we are used to it and budget for it.

18handicap
07-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Maybe I might be wrong on adding a classfication. In reading an article in the Amarillo paper this morning, I came across this comment by Dr. Breithaupt at the press conference at coaching school.

Breithaup also said adding a new classification will be necessary, possibly in the 2013 realignment, because about a dozen new Class 4A or 5A high schools open each year.

"I think we've got to consider some relief eventually. I think we've got to consider, instead of dumping everything on a 5A district and saying, 'One more won't hurt,' we've got to look at reducing the number of schools in our conferences, and that's imminent."

Twirling Time
07-26-2009, 06:14 PM
I understand the UIL not wanting to shake up the longstanding structure. Really, the only time the UIL has ever done something so drastic was in 1951 when it adopted the present 5-class system. Putting in a sixth class would be pretty radical.

I expect the UIL will eventually split 5A into divisions like they just did with 1A and six-man, and will bump up the size of 5A by 20 or so every realignment. A few years ago when they went from 225 to 245, there were so many new schools that the top of 4A didn't change much at all.

A Class 5A Division I would serve as a de facto Class 6A, but only by name. That way the UIL gets to have its cake and eat it too.

Matthew328
07-26-2009, 07:48 PM
The number won't go up this year IMO....makes this a very interesting realignment

SHSBulldog00
07-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Is there any truth to rumors that Texas City or La Marque could drop to 3A?

SHSBulldog00
07-26-2009, 09:34 PM
What region is growing the fastest in Texas?

IHStangFan
08-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
I posted a thread about it a few days ago.

We came to the conclusion that they will be 4A and their enrollment will affect Terry's enrollment more than anything else.

I think the effect on Needville will be slim to none. This is what I've been hearing as well.

18handicap
08-04-2009, 08:39 AM
The Lamar CISD school board is trying to keep all of their schools at the AAAA level, like Frisco ISD is doing. George Ranch won't have any affect on Needville because it's in Lamar CISD. Hopefully Houston will keep moving out toward Needville as that will make our land in Needville rising in value!!

18handicap
08-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Is there any truth to rumors that Texas City or La Marque could drop to 3A?

I looked at the TEA snapshot datasheet (part of my master's degree class) and saw that LaMarque turned in 1024 last year (non realignment year) and Texas City turned in 1695. Now these figures don't count the alternative school students that are on another campus that sometimes add to the total.

The real surprise down there is that Galveston Ball was at 1971 last year, but that is probably because of Ike. I wonder if more students will move back to the island and get their enrollment back up to 5A level? They were at 2452 two years ago.

Also two years ago, LaMarque turned in 1128 and Texas City turned in 1781.

onsideanytime
08-05-2009, 01:52 PM
needville will not be going up to 4A, as of end of last year the enrollment was 750 something