PDA

View Full Version : Which way

mwynn05
06-11-2009, 04:21 PM
am i supposed to wear my ring facing my or facing out?

garciap77
06-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
am i supposed to wear my ring facing my or facing out?

What kinda ring are you talking about?:eek:

BreckTxLonghorn
06-11-2009, 04:26 PM
What's on each side of the ring? That's how you determine which way at Texas. Our rings have the Tower on one side, and the Texas Exes logo on the other. If you're a student, you wear the ring with the Tower in the inside ('closer to your heart', the ring's writing facing you) to show the Tower is closest to you since you still attend. As an alum, you wear the Exes logo inside (words facing out) so that now though you may not be on campus, you're still committed as an Ex.

Or something like that; my girlfriend went to the ceremony and explained all this to me. I just wear it facing out because I KNOW what it says, and others can look at it to transcribe.

mwynn05
06-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
What kinda ring are you talking about?:eek: state championship

BreckTxLonghorn
06-11-2009, 04:31 PM
state championship

Welp, that negates all my BS then. :catredx:

mwynn05
06-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Welp, that negates all my BS then. :catredx: yeah i knew all that about college rings they said something about it at grad....i didnt get a college one though

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2009, 05:21 PM
yeah i knew all that about college rings they said something about it at grad....i didnt get a college one though
Well, I'm no expert, but when I have to wear my sons', I put the wording on top away so if someone wants to see it, they read it correctly instead of having to read upside down. :) If there's no wording on yours, then I have nothing to add. :D

Keith7
06-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I would wear it facing out so people could see it

Rabid Cougar
06-11-2009, 09:29 PM
You wear them as LHPM said.

I wouldn't wear them to college though especially if you are playing football. It is like wearing your letter jacket.

mwynn05
06-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
You wear them as LHPM said.

I wouldn't wear them to college though especially if you are playing football. It is like wearing your letter jacket. i already graduated college....i get you but no where near as bad as wearing a letter jacket or class ring but thats more because its something everyone has...i dont really intend on wearing it every day...just to like interviews or if i need to dress up for some reason....too big to wear everyday and more of a keepsake

jason
06-12-2009, 07:49 AM
i already graduated college....i get you but no where near as bad as wearing a letter jacket or class ring but thats more because its something everyone has...i dont really intend on wearing it every day...just to like interviews or if i need to dress up for some reason....too big to wear everyday and more of a keepsake post a picture of it...

mwynn05
06-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by jason
post a picture of it... i lost my camera... i think im going home today though so i will try to then