PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Ingleside Mustangs

truebluestang
06-11-2009, 02:14 PM
The Mustangs will be trying to increase to their school record five straight playoff appearances this year. What are the chances of making it six straight?

SHSBulldog00
06-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Tell me about them. What do they have returning and what offense and defense do they run?

SintonFan_inAustin
06-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by truebluestang
The Mustangs will be trying to increase to their school record five straight playoff appearances this year. What are the chances of making it six straight? It'll be a tough task but i like thier chances and finish 2nd in district as they have surrender the district title back to Sinton :)
in no particular order
1. Sinton
2. Ingleside
3. West Oso
4. Robstown
5. Mathis
6. Orange Grove
7. Aransas Pass
8. Falfurrias

truebluestang
06-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Run the spread and base out of 4-3. Return 8 and 7 from 6-5 team a year ago. District runner-up to Sinton last year. Have finished either runner up or district champion last five years but still have problems with kids making poor choices.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Tell me about them. What do they have returning and what offense and defense do they run? they were young team last year and started slow, but should be more prepared to run that vaunted offense the Ingleside coach likes to run.

SHSBulldog00
06-11-2009, 02:21 PM
Poor choices on the field or off?

truebluestang
06-11-2009, 02:22 PM
I like Ingleside to win the district this year. Sinton's problem will be their offensive line.

truebluestang
06-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Poor choices off of the field.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-11-2009, 02:25 PM
I like Ingleside to win the district this year. Sinton's problem will be their offensive line. Line on both sides make things go, but i think they'll be up to the task. Ingleside defense could still be their problem and it could be the difference.

truebluestang
06-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Defense will be much improved from a year ago. I am seeing that just in 7 on 7. Beat G-P two in a row and was very physical with them.

pirate4state
06-11-2009, 02:47 PM
I like Ingleside to win the district this year. Sinton's problem will be their offensive line. Nah, that's just what you are hoping for! By the time our game rolls around with you, that line will be seasoned & ready to rock & roll!

IHStangFan
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I like Ingleside to reclaim the district championship from Sinton. Write it down. :p

SintonFan_inAustin
06-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I like Ingleside to reclaim the district championship from Sinton. Write it down. :p :fnypost:

Sweetwater Red
06-11-2009, 03:27 PM
The Mustangs will be trying to increase to their school record five straight playoff appearances this year.

Five???? Hahahaha!

Sorry IHStangFan. I love you man!:D

pirate4state
06-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I like Ingleside to reclaim the district championship from Sinton. Write it down. :p Gotcha covered

SintonFan
06-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Five???? Hahahaha!

Sorry IHStangFan. I love you man!:D
*Yankee Alert!*
:D

truebluestang
06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Pretty big deal for Ingleside due to the fact that before 2004 you had to go back to 1995 and before 1995 you had to go back to 1964. That is why it is a big deal. Ingleside used to be one of those towns that a coach just couldn't win at.

boba fett
06-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Defense will be much improved from a year ago. I am seeing that just in 7 on 7. Beat G-P two in a row and was very physical with them.

Well, that's impressive but a state 7 on 7 title has never guaranteed success in the regular season. Plus, that style of offense is not what G-P is good at, so let them line up in double tight, 3 back and run the ball and we'll see how it all works out. Good luck this year!

Ingleside used to be one of those towns that a coach just couldn't win at.

So the kids and the community didn't have very much to do with it? Like you may know, when players make bad decisions they hurt their team's chances to win.

Coaching is overrated and underrated... Sometimes it makes all the difference and sometimes kids make a coach better than they really are.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by boba fett
Well, that's impressive but a state 7 on 7 title has never guaranteed success in the regular season. Plus, that style of offense is not what G-P is good at, so let them line up in double tight, 3 back and run the ball and we'll see how it all works out. Good luck this year!

So the kids and the community didn't have very much to do with it? Like you may know, when players make bad decisions they hurt their team's chances to win.

Coaching is overrated and underrated... Sometimes it makes all the difference and sometimes kids make a coach better than they really are. i feel confident coaching turn that program around. It might not always be that way but majority of time it'll make a difference.

IHStangFan
06-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i feel confident coaching turn that program around. It might not always be that way but majority of time it'll make a difference. Yup....I have to agree...the current coach has had much to do w/ Ingleside's success. Before the 95 team and the Navy moving in....Ingleside was a sleepy little town and just didn't have much of a talent pool to pull from. Then you had a coach come in who's son was the QB and they had some talent and they were good enough to make the deep into the playoffs....quarter finals? I believe it was. Then after his boy graduated said coach seemed to lose focus and control of his team and the quality of the program plunged rapidly. Enter the next coach....who's answer was to take several of the skill position players and move them around and make linemen out of FB's and vise versa.....that blew up in the Mustangs' face and they were dismal for a handful of years even though they had more "talent" on the field than Ingleside has probably ever had. Enter the current coach. He took a team w/ mildly above average talent, got them motivated and believing in themselves and once again Ingleside returns to the playoffs and makes a pretty deep run year before last. (Semis I believe against Robinson) Ingleside has never been overly talented, but when the kids are motivated and playing for a coach who believes in them, they have shown they can be salty. Problem w/ it all is that...as stated Ingleside is a town that relies heavily on Navy move-ins....but on the flip side of that....there is a high turnover rate w/ families moving out just as fast as they are moving in.....makes it hard to put a team together that plays from day one together under the same system, etc.

The Mustangs will be fine this year I believe. I'm gonna throw out there that the top of the district will be comprised of Sinton, Ingleside and West Oso in no particluar order.

:)

SintonFan_inAustin
06-13-2009, 11:25 AM
DCTF preseason picks for District 31
bold is D1 rep
1. Ingleside Returning starters:O/D 8/7 Return the area's most dangerous backfield

2. Sinton Returning starters:O/D 5/5 Pirates have the talent to make another run again this year especially at the skill positions

3. Mathis Returning starters:O/D 6/7

4. Robstown Returning starters:O/D 7/6

5. West Oso Returning starters:O/D 6/6 Have QB William Tortonello back but lost the backfield of Howard,Smith and Fox.

6. Orange Grove Returning starters:O/D 2/5

7. Aransas Pass Returning starters:O/D 2/3

8. Falfurrias Returning starters:O/D 7/5

Preseason Offensive MVP: Sinton QB Josh Harrison

Preseason Defensive MVP: West Oso LB John Baldwin

Key Game: Robstown at Mathis Week 8

Falfurrias might move up some spots with OG and AP fielding a inexperience team.

pirate4state
06-13-2009, 08:14 PM
josh seems to have grown some more!! :eek: :D is it august yet?

Johnny Utah
06-16-2009, 11:13 AM
No comment