PDA

View Full Version : Best stadium (3A only)

TexasHSFB
06-11-2009, 01:52 AM
I've heard enough about 5A schools and such, so how bout us 3A's?

Who has the nicest stadium?

Of the ones I've been to, I say Navasota.

Electus Unus
06-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Bulldog Stadium - Abilene(Wylie)
Gordon Wood Stadium - Brownwood
Bobcat Stadium - Celina
Buckeye Stadium - Gilmer

TexasHSFB
06-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Bobcat Stadium - Celina
Buckeye Stadium - Gilmer I haven't been to any of those stadiums.

I've only even seen 2 of them at all, and they were both at neutral locations.

lostaussie
06-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Buckeye Stadium - Gilmer Gladewaters stadium much nicer than Gilmers. i will put our field and facilities with anyones.................but, OUR SEATING SUCKS. not nearly enough seating!!!!!

jason
06-11-2009, 07:22 AM
north forney high school

one endzone is being redone to represent the nfhs falcons....

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/simages/666.jpg

waterboy
06-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Gladewaters stadium much nicer than Gilmers. i will put our field and facilities with anyones.................but, OUR SEATING SUCKS. not nearly enough seating!!!!!
Buckeye Stadium does need more home-side seating. I guess that's the price you pay for winning so much. Do you realize the Buckeyes haven't lost at home since '02 (I believe)? Gladewater's Jack V. Murphy Bear Stadium is very nice. The pressbox and home side are really nice, but the visitor's side is way too small. That, and you are too far away from the field. I prefer to actually "watch" a game at Buckeye Stadium because you are MUCH closer to the field. With all the upgrades at Buckeye Stadium, it definitely has to at least be in the top 10% of 3A stadiums in Texas.

garciap77
06-11-2009, 08:11 AM
I like the Sweetwater Bowl, just something about it makes it a great place to play football!:)

Lion_Addict
06-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
I like the Sweetwater Bowl, just something about it makes it a great place to play football!:)

:iagree: :ditto:

ccmom
06-11-2009, 08:28 AM

I agree, and the plans for the renovations look awesome. :)

Sweetwater Red
06-11-2009, 08:34 AM

Remember last year? Me and you met up. Then we walked to the
other side and found DaHop and skins4life. Then walked back around
and found Stang Red. After halftime we watched the game every
where from the north end zone to the south end zone.

I don't think there is another stadium in Texas that allows you to
do that from a bird's eye view.

AggiesAreWe
06-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Silsbee and Huffman-Hargraves have nice one's.

lostaussie
06-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Buckeye Stadium does need more home-side seating. I guess that's the price you pay for winning so much. Do you realize the Buckeyes haven't lost at home since '02 (I believe)? Gladewater's Jack V. Murphy Bear Stadium is very nice. The pressbox and home side are really nice, but the visitor's side is way too small. That, and you are too far away from the field. I prefer to actually "watch" a game at Buckeye Stadium because you are MUCH closer to the field. With all the upgrades at Buckeye Stadium, it definitely has to at least be in the top 10% of 3A stadiums in Texas. all i want is a place to park my butt without having to arrive 2 hours before kickoff!!!!!! and you have a research paper.........what is home winning streak?? i know it is long but will be severly tested this year by kilgore. i think it dates back to 2001.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-11-2009, 09:03 AM

Awesome place to play ball!!! Probably one of my favorites because of the atmosphere!!! Andrews is pretty nice too

waterboy
06-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
all i want is a place to park my butt without having to arrive 2 hours before kickoff!!!!!! and you have a research paper.........what is home winning streak?? i know it is long but will be severly tested this year by kilgore. i think it dates back to 2001.
I get to the game around 6:45 to 7:00 and still get a seat. There's usually a few empty seats around me on the north end. Try the north end this year! :D For some reason the south end fills up a whole lot faster. I used to sit on that end, but now I like the north end much better.:thumbsup: I also park on the visitor side and walk across, which makes it much easier to get in and out of the stadium.

I'm not sure how many the home game win streak is, but I do know that the last time the Buckeyes lost at home was in 2002, the 5th game of the season, to the Pine Tree Pirates, 14-7. And, YES, that streak is definitely gonna be tested this year with the likes of Kilgore and Daingerfield coming to town!

Ex-Tiger2005
06-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by jason
north forney high school

now that is a sharp looking stadium!!!

what is the capacity on both sides and total?

bigwood33
06-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Brownwood- Gordon Wood http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=84
Sweetwater- Mustang Bowl http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=993
Andrews- Mustang Bowl http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=992
Van Alstyne- Panther Stadium (but very limited visitor seating) http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=695

bevodidit
06-11-2009, 09:19 AM
Bobcat Stadium - Celina
Buckeye Stadium - Gilmer

Celina? All I have heard is complaints about Celina. No parking, no restrooms, no seats.

Emerson1
06-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by jason
north forney high school

this

I keep forgetting I am technically in a half 3A town now.

Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
now that is a sharp looking stadium!!!

what is the capacity on both sides and total?
11,000ish

Emerson1
06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=695
That stadium looks absolutely terrible. You have sideline, track, cement, huge walkway.

The reserved seats are to far away, you will see a hit then hear it 2 seconds later.

garciap77
06-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Angelo's Stadium does, but it's not 3A and you can not walk all the way around it like you can the bowl!

My son loved playing it the Bowl during his Peewee days! He liked chasing down that 6'1" kid you all had a few years back. I think he was about 10 years old. It looked funny when the referees stood next to him and they were about 3-4 inches shorter!

SintonFan
06-11-2009, 11:53 AM

Alamo Stadium but it is 5A.:doh:
I would love to go to a game in Sweetwater. That bowl looks cool.

garciap77
06-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Alamo Stadium but it is 5A.:doh:
I would love to go to a game in Sweetwater. That bowl looks cool.

SintonFan come on down!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/SWMG11.jpg

:D

;)

SintonFan
06-11-2009, 12:24 PM
SintonFan come on down!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/SWMG11.jpg

:D

;)
That's a long ways away. :eek:

Trashman
06-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I like the Sweetwater Bowl, just something about it makes it a great place to play football!:) Other than the parking; Sweetwater is a great fan stadium!:D

garciap77
06-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Other than the parking; Sweetwater is a great fan stadium!:D :iagree:

HEMOTOXIC
06-11-2009, 03:41 PM
In no particular order.....

Navasota- needs larger visitor side seating, paved visitor parking, & closer visitor locker room. I love the score board, the band/drill team being in the end zone, and the size of the home seating.

Palestine
Wylie
Sweetwater
Brownwood
Carthage
Silsbee
Chapel Hill
WOS- older but I still like it
Andrews
Columbus- I love the remodel

bigwood33
06-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by bevodidit
Celina? All I have heard is complaints about Celina. No parking, no restrooms, no seats.
I am not hating on Celina but you are right, all of the above is correct. It is definetly a home field advantage. They also don't let the visiting team film from the home pressbox. They force you to the visiting side (it IS covered and protected from the wind) which is extremely low. Watching your film is almost worthless because it is like being on the sideline and filming...you can't see a thing.

grmfan93
06-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Graham is pretty nice with the new construction etc.
But from what I hear, Wylie is sposed to have a nice field/stadium/scoreboard....I guess we will have to wait and see

Twirling Time
06-12-2009, 06:29 AM
End of thread. :)

http://www.williesburgerhouse.com/images/pizzahutpark2.jpg

The two new Frisco schools in 2010 will start in 3A.

WTF-82
06-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I am not hating on Celina but you are right, all of the above is correct. It is definetly a home field advantage. They also don't let the visiting team film from the home pressbox. They force you to the visiting side (it IS covered and protected from the wind) which is extremely low. Watching your film is almost worthless because it is like being on the sideline and filming...you can't see a thing.

Celina has always done things that are cheap back in the late 90's Celina and Stanton are playing for the regional championship I believe it was up north somewere the wheather was very bad roads were nasty Stanton (Midland) could not get there in time all the buses were running behind including the football bus which left several hours early safety was the first issue of the teacher coaches and kids. The team arrived to the field 30min prior to the kickoff 15 min till they finally got settled and ready unloading of the bus the coach cotton talked to the official and Celina coach G.A.Moore about arangments for kickoff to get pushed back officials and coaches must come to an agreement G.A. Moore would not budge he wanted the kickoff to happen as scheduled I believe due to he was the visiting team at the so called neutral site they left it this way. Stanton did not get to prepare warmup burely got to strech. This is what I call very low. Most of us think the world of Moore so do I. But this really bothered me specially with his religious background he has Celina edged this game out and won the state title that year I still believe Stanton was robbed a chance to compete specially in the game of football when there is so mcuch of a mental preperation for the game.
Very Low.

WTF-82
06-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by grmfan93
Graham is pretty nice with the new construction etc.
But from what I hear, Wylie is sposed to have a nice field/stadium/scoreboard....I guess we will have to wait and see

Very nice pressbox college style pressbox. I saw it last weekend very impressive not bad for a 5A school playing 3a.

slingshot
06-12-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
...not bad for a 5A school playing 3a. :rolleyes: ...coming from a 4A refugee.

WTF-82
06-12-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
:rolleyes: ...coming from a 4A refugee.
right. LOL!!

DaHop72
06-12-2009, 11:49 PM

do that from a bird's eye view. Probably one of the few stadiums that you could do that, not only for the view but because most of them would not let you swap sides to go look for people you know from another town.

ivchris
06-17-2009, 08:25 PM

Yes, I like the Mustang Bowl too.

orange machine
06-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by bevodidit

You are correct the restrooms and parking are very bad and as far as seating it needs more.

BleedOrange
06-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
You are correct the restrooms and parking are very bad and as far as seating it needs more.

True. However, if you can get a seat there is no better place to watch a game. Stands are right on top of the field with no track to deal with. They need to expand seating on both sides and build new restroom and concession facilities.

orange machine
06-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
True. However, if you can get a seat there is no better place to watch a game. Stands are right on top of the field with no track to deal with. They need to expand seating on both sides and build new restroom and concession facilities.

I agree, but i dont think many if any upgrades at all will be made. I figure in a few years a new stadium will be built by the high school.

navscanmaster
06-17-2009, 09:13 PM
It took a ride by there Monday to remind me, but Crockett has a very nice football stadium. It holds around 5000, and the home reserved seating is blue chair-back seats. The most notable thing about the stadium is the Crockett Bulldog blue track. For those of you that have not seen Crockett's color, it is the same as La Vega's. Very nice grass field, as well.

BleedOrange
06-17-2009, 09:31 PM
I agree, but i dont think many if any upgrades at all will be made. I figure in a few years a new stadium will be built by the high school.

You are probably right. Hopefully, its an entirely new stadium without a track but I have the feeling it may end up being where the new practice field is. Nice field and room for stands but I never like the track around the field.

orange machine
06-17-2009, 09:34 PM
You are probably right. Hopefully, its an entirely new stadium without a track but I have the feeling it may end up being where the new practice field is. Nice field and room for stands but I never like the track around the field.

From what i have been told that is where its going. Im with you i dont care for the track around the field

BleedOrange
06-17-2009, 09:44 PM
From what i have been told that is where its going. Im with you i dont care for the track around the field

Since we will be farther from the field I guess we'll have to recruit some 350 lb linemen to offset the difference. My eyes will be thankful for the larger recruits

LH Panther Mom
06-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Since we will be farther from the field I guess we'll have to recruit some 350 lb linemen to offset the difference. My eyes will be thankful for the larger recruits
Hahaha! :D (Good one!)

Twirling Time
06-19-2009, 09:46 AM

Maybe they can put in basketball-style retractable bleachers that they can roll out over the track.

Pawdaddy
06-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Do you realize the Buckeyes haven't lost at home since '02 (I believe)?

On top of that, if I am not mistaken, with the exception of the Canton game in Tyler, the losses Gilmer have had over the past 5 years in the playoffs have been to the eventual State Champ. And the Canton game was the 4th highest combined scoring game in Texas High School playoff history. Pretty good run. What say you TF2? Oh yeah, DCFM did say Gilmer #1 this year. I believe I told you that would happen. Now, all they have to do is prove it.

Twirling Time
06-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Every team Celina lost to between 1999-2007 were state chams or runners-up that same year or the following year. That includes Daingerfield, Gainesville, Gilmer, Crawford and Liberty Hill.

Extend it to 2008 and Prosper and Carthage both won state. Remains to be seen if Daingerfield can do it again, or 4A Whitehouse (which Celina lost to by one point on the road).

oline09
06-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Breckenridge Buckaroo Stadium

mwynn05
06-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Groesbeck's is nice but freaking tiny

BwdLions
06-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by oline09

I like watching games in Breck. The bleachers are so close to the field, there's not a bad seat in the stadium. I played there one time back in jr. high (a long time ago).

GreenMonster
06-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by oline09

You're kidding, right? That place is awful. Field turf alone does not make a nice stadium. Dressing facilities are terrible, bathroom facilities are dreadful, and parking is miserable. What's nice about that? I did hear though that they have upgraded to a brand newish video board mounted on the wall in the south end zone and have hoisted a pre-owned double wide atop the home stands to replace the old pressbox. :D

mustang04
06-23-2009, 01:21 AM
I dont mean to sound like a homer....but the Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl gives you the atmosphere that EVERY game is a big game.....i mean...your down at the bottom playing with nothing around you but stadium

I've seen NICE stadiums, but they were on level ground so from the field you can see streets and housing or restaraunts, etc etc ....the Bowl is nothing but stadium once youre inside....God I miss that feeling:(

garciap77
06-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
I dont mean to sound like a homer....but the Sweetwater's Mustang Bowl gives you the atmosphere that EVERY game is a big game.....i mean...your down at the bottom playing with nothing around you but stadium

I've seen NICE stadiums, but they were on level ground so from the field you can see streets and housing or restaraunts, etc etc ....the Bowl is nothing but stadium once youre inside....God I miss that feeling:(

:iagree: