PDA

View Full Version : Justin Johnson to transfer?

Electus Unus
06-10-2009, 06:55 PM
KTBB Sports(Tyler, TX) has confirmed an earlier report on Soonerscoop.com, an Oklahoma sports website, that former Gilmer High School star Justin Johnson is considering a transfer out of Norman.

Johnson, a sophomore, is currently not on campus at Oklahoma.

A source very close to Johnson told KTBB's David Smoak on Wednesday, "He is absolutely burned-out, and is trying to figure out his future."

The same source told Smoak, "This has nothing to do with anything negative about the OU football program, staff, or teammates, he just needs some space and time."

rockdale80
06-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
KTBB Sports(Tyler, TX) has confirmed an earlier report on Soonerscoop.com, an Oklahoma sports website, that former Gilmer High School star Justin Johnson is considering a transfer out of Norman.

Johnson, a sophomore, is currently not on campus at Oklahoma.

A source very close to Johnson told KTBB's David Smoak on Wednesday, "He is absolutely burned-out, and is trying to figure out his future."

The same source told Smoak, "This has nothing to do with anything negative about the OU football program, staff, or teammates, he just needs some space and time."

That kid was an animal in HS. Wish he would have stayed in TX all along...

RedStorm
06-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Lesson learned, dont go to OU

SHSBulldog00
06-10-2009, 09:02 PM
What position did he play?

rockdale80
06-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
What position did he play?

In HS he was a RB/LB but I dont know about college.

Dogman_1969
06-11-2009, 07:17 AM
These kids from Texas should stay in Texas schools if possible. I know sometimes that there are times when out of state schools give the athletes the best opportunity but in some cases they do not.

waterboy
06-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Justin Johnson actually played a few downs this past season with the Sooners at running back. I hope he lands at another college soon. Maybe one of the universities in Texas will offer him a scholarship. Hopefully it'll be one where he can get more playing time.

Txbroadcaster
06-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
These kids from Texas should stay in Texas schools if possible. I know sometimes that there are times when out of state schools give the athletes the best opportunity but in some cases they do not.

how about the kid goes where he wants know matter where that is

Ex-Tiger2005
06-11-2009, 09:07 AM
we will take him in austin!

bevodidit
06-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Heard he is gonna go to Abilene Christian.

I. B. Watching
06-11-2009, 12:26 PM
He's a good kid. I've been told it was a lot harder work and the competition was tougher than he anticipated. But it's like that at all the major football powers. I think he has the potential to be a great player. It may have to be at a smaller school where he can rebuild his confidence in himself, and there's nothing wrong with doing that.

I. B. Watching
06-11-2009, 12:31 PM
But with that said, he is still listed on the depth chart behind Jermie Calhoun at the second running back position.

Electus Unus
06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
There is a rumor floating around on the interwebs that his mother had passed away? Any truths to that?

injuredinmelee
06-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by bevodidit
Heard he is gonna go to Abilene Christian.
bring him on! Depth Depth Depth

garciap77
06-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
bring him on! Depth Depth Depth

You coming to the game Sat?