PDA

View Full Version : Astros/ Rangers Top Prospects

TexasHSFB
06-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Here are a few that I think will turn out well for Houston:

Most Potential:

Jason Castro, C (AA)

Top Pitching Prospect:

Yorman Bazardo, P (AAA)(He may get ML innings this year)

Secondary Pitching Prospects:

Chia Jen Lo, P (AAA)
Bud Norris, P (AAA)

Top Prospect in Class (A):

TJ Steele, CF (A)

2009 Draftee:
Jiovanni Mier, SS (Unsigned)

Of course, these are just my opinions. I would really like to hear about the Rangers' top prospects. I would think Justin Smoak can't be far from the majors.:thinking:

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2009, 04:58 PM
For the Rangers, Baseball America has them ranked as the #1 farm system in baseball. There was an article recently where some scouts said you could take the 11-20 prospects for the Rangers, and they'd be the top 10 prospects on some teams right now. Among the guys who have the highest ceiling for Texas:

Neftali Feliz (SP)
Justin Smoak (1B)
Max Ramirez (C)
Martin Perez (SP)
Blake Beavan (SP)
Kasey Kiker (SP)

Don't forget guys like Derek Holland, Elvis Andrus, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia who are already on the team's roster, but are so young that they have plenty of room for improvement. A lot of people forget about Salty because he's in his third season in the majors, but even so, he just turned 24 last month.

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Forgot to mention their 2009 draft class...

Both Tanner Scheppers and Matthew Purke (pitchers) were ranked in the top 10 prospects overall according to Baseball America.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Max Ramirez should be in the bigs instead of Teagarden! :)

crzyjournalist03
06-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Max Ramirez should be in the bigs instead of Teagarden! :)

He may be replacing Blalock as DH if the Rangers decide to move him during the season; if not, I think that they'll let Blalock leave as a FA this offseason to bring him up. I'm going to miss Blalock, but the writing looks to be on the wall for him.

Keith7
06-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Rangers farm system may slip a little in those rankings after the poor season they have had so far