PDA

View Full Version : Granny gets tased!!!!!

turbostud
06-10-2009, 02:16 PM
I dont know why but I find this extremely funny.....
Link (http://video.rr.com/?v=InT1TL4io3HbreglqLzG6xHnH655QFHD)

SWMustang
06-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
I dont know why but I find this extremely funny.....
Link (http://video.rr.com/?v=InT1TL4io3HbreglqLzG6xHnH655QFHD)

maybe you find it funny because she deserved it?

pirate4state
06-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

Ranger Mom
06-10-2009, 02:59 PM
They talked about that this morning on GMA. She was interviewed before the tape was released and was saying the cop was nothing but a liar.

When the tape was released, she shut her nagging big trap and hired a lawyer!!!

Old bitty!!!

pirate4state
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Why was she pulled over? I died laughing when he was trying to radio in and she yelled out "HELP, 72 YEAR OLD WOMEN IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE!" hahaha

44INAROW
06-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Why was she pulled over? I died laughing when he was trying to radio in and she yelled out "HELP, 72 YEAR OLD WOMEN IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE!" hahaha

seems I heard on GMA she was stopped for going 75 in a 60 or something to that affect. She was very uncooperative. From what I saw, when he "shoved her" he was getting her away from the highway and the passing vehicles which were probably going 65+ mph. Looked to me - she turned what could have been a simple warning or traffic ticket into a federal case (figuratively - SO FAR) I am glad for the deputy's sake, that he had his dash cam on. Those dash cams are a good thing - they can protect the public when a rouge (sp) cop is out of line - as well as protect an officer when a driver is combative. That door swings both ways. If what I saw was on the up and up - that lady owes the deputy an apology for slamming him on the FOX News in Austin.

pirate4state
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
seems I heard on GMA she was stopped for going 75 in a 60 or something to that affect. She was very uncooperative. From what I saw, when he "shoved her" he was getting her away from the highway and the passing vehicles which were probably going 65+ mph. Looked to me - she turned what could have been a simple warning or traffic ticket into a federal case (figuratively - SO FAR) I am glad for the deputy's sake, that he had his dash cam on. Those dash cams are a good thing - they can protect the public when a rouge (sp) cop is out of line - as well as protect an officer when a driver is combative. That door swings both ways. If what I saw was on the up and up - that lady owes the deputy an apology for slamming him on the FOX News in Austin.

Yeah, I just read up on it. wow haha.

Crazy old woman! :D

I'm with turbostud on this, now I can't stop laughing!

bigwood33
06-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Sorry but I can't see how anyone could justify his response. I think the guy should be fired.

I will however, say that it is funny.

piratebg
06-10-2009, 03:22 PM
I want to see the whole video and not this edited one.

And just for the record, I had to go pee after I saw this. :D

Trashman
06-10-2009, 03:28 PM
I have seen the whole video. He warned her 9 times. She got what she deserved.:D

pirate4state
06-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I have seen the whole video. He warned her 9 times. She got what she deserved.:D

{worthless comment coming up}

To quote Edward Rooney:

9 times. Wake up and smell the coffee Mrs. Bueller.

haha :D

bigwood33
06-10-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't care how many times he warned her...she is still just a little old lady....maybe an idiot but still just a little old lady. He most certainly should have been able to deal with her without electrocuting her.

Ranger Mom
06-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
I don't care how many times he warned her...she is still just a little old lady....maybe an idiot but still just a little old lady. He most certainly should have been able to deal with her without electrocuting her.

I agree somewhat.....but I don't know why she should get a pass because she's old!!!

I DO think he overreacted!!!

waterboy
06-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Yes, that cop overreacted when he tasered her. That little old lady was obnoxious to say the least. He shoved her, basically, because I believe he wanted to get out of the road. Can't blame him for that. She did bump him when he told her to move over out of the road, so I can see the justification in the shove, but I don't think he needed to taser her..........even though the little old ditty was asking for it.

ssgmp5150
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
After viewing the un-edited version of the video, the officer in my opinion, was fully justified in his actions as defined by use of force policies, etc. However, as a member of the law enforcement community, I think better judgment could have been used in restraining an elderly woman! It is this kind of publicity that gives everyone in uniform a bad rap!

garciap77
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yes, that cop overreacted when he tasered her. That little old lady was obnoxious to say the least. He shoved her, basically, because I believe he wanted to get out of the road. Can't blame him for that. She did bump him when he told her to move over out of the road, so I can see the justification in the shove, but I don't think he needed to taser her..........even though the little old ditty was asking for it.

:iagree:

BreckTxLonghorn
06-10-2009, 04:29 PM
Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

Yeah...Brick killed a guy.

Bull Butter
06-10-2009, 04:47 PM
I bet she'll never mouth off to a police officer again.

Funny how she clammed up once the video was made public:thinking:

Bull Butter
06-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Yeah...Brick killed a guy.

Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You might want to find a safe house and lay low for a while. You could be wanted for murder.

Electus Unus
06-10-2009, 04:53 PM
He shouldn't have tased her but instead use physical force to subdue her. At her age she could have had an adverse reaction the the shock and could have died of a heart attack. The officer is lucky she didn't.

pirate4state
06-10-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
He shouldn't have tased her but instead use physical force to subdue her. At her age she could have had an adverse reaction the the shock and could have died of a heart attack. The officer is lucky she didn't. true story

"Do any of you have any heart conditions?" bahahaha

garciap77
06-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
He shouldn't have tased her but instead use physical force to subdue her. At her age she could have had an adverse reaction the the shock and could have died of a heart attack. The officer is lucky she didn't.
:iagree:

garciap77
06-10-2009, 05:13 PM
true story

:tisk:

XtremeCouture
06-10-2009, 05:18 PM
true story

yeah but fat jesus survived a taser attack to the face. it took the second taser to subdue him. this little old lady could have been fat jesus's mother or something

Keith7
06-10-2009, 05:34 PM
After working at a grocery store for way too long I know how cranky old women can be and I must say I would have tased her a long time before that officer actually did

CHS_CG
06-10-2009, 05:35 PM
They are talkin about it on Prime News on HLN... the cop warned her 9 times..

they make a good point... if they have pepper sprayed her, took out his night stick, or restrained her and accidently broke her arm... people would be in an uproar too..

garciap77
06-10-2009, 05:50 PM
The cop over reacted! Bad choice!

This is like dunking on a 4 year old!:D

Keith7
06-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by garciap77

Dunking on a 4 year old is awesome, especially on 7 foot goals

turbostud
06-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

Until that 4 year old grows up, learns some skills, gets taller than you, remembers what you did to him, and repays the favor.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Until that 4 year old grows up, learns some skills, gets taller than you, remembers what you did to him, and repays the favor.

That means you taught him a lesson: Go hard to the hole, or don't go at all.

garciap77
06-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Keith7

It reminds me of the 8' wide receivers we played against last year!:D

;)

pirate4state
06-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
yeah but fat jesus survived a taser attack to the face. it took the second taser to subdue him. this little old lady could have been fat jesus's mother or something ROFL!

pirate4state
06-10-2009, 06:09 PM
That means you taught him a lesson: Go hard to the hole, or don't go at all. :clap: :clap: :clap:

and thanks for catching the Anchorman reference ;)

BreckTxLonghorn
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

and thanks for catching the Anchorman reference ;)

75% of the things I say are witty quotes from movies and tv., so there's no way I could miss it if I tried.

The other 25% are not witty at all. :(

lakers
06-10-2009, 06:19 PM
that was wrong...no need for the taser even though she was asking for it...

i guess the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top...:rolleyes:

95mustang
06-10-2009, 06:28 PM
It reminds me of the 8' wide receivers we played against last year!:D

;)

The receivers will be shorter this year, but they will still be good.

As for the little old lady. I think the taser was safer then the alternative could have been. Pepper Spray and Force could have gotten much worse.

garciap77
06-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
The receivers will be shorter this year, but they will still be good.

As for the little old lady. I think the taser was safer then the alternative could have been. Pepper Spray and Force could have gotten much worse.

No way! He should of taking her down like any normal Police Officer is trained to do! I know what it's like when you are trying to do your job as a Police Officer, but you cannot let a suspect get to you like that! Rookie move! The old lady was about 4' tall maybe 75 pounds, come on!

Will the receivers be taller Granny?:D

;)

pirate4state
06-11-2009, 09:09 AM
75% of the things I say are witty quotes from movies and tv., so there's no way I could miss it if I tried.

The other 25% are not witty at all. :( 60% of the time it works, every time. ;)

Farmersfan
06-11-2009, 09:56 AM

Wow! It never ceases to amaze me.

Did you take the time to even ask yourself why a 72 year old woman would even dare to act this way????????

Txbroadcaster
06-11-2009, 10:34 AM

The other 25% are not witty at all. :(

60% of the time it works everytime

LH_Tuff
06-11-2009, 10:38 AM
I think the officer did what he had to do. What was he suppose to do? Throw her to the ground, jump on her and throw a few punches to the ribs? :rolleyes:

BTW - Did anyone catch that the officer teaches proper taser use to other officers?

Farmersfan
06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
I think the officer did what he had to do. What was he suppose to do? Throw her to the ground, jump on her and throw a few punches to the ribs? :rolleyes:

BTW - Did anyone catch that the officer teaches proper taser use to other officers?

It really doesn't matter what tactic he chose to use the bleeding hearts would be on here calling him out. I'm thinking it should be up to the old lady to decide if she can survive a taser. If she can't then she might want to "SHUT THE HELL UP" and "DO WHAT SHE IS TOLD"!

Bull Butter
06-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Funny video from a taser victim.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0v0qdRhUwo

garciap77
06-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Wow! It never ceases to amaze me.

Did you take the time to even ask yourself why a 72 year old woman would even dare to act this way????????

The training I received in law enforcement would not have required the taser! Of course there were no taser back in those days! The lady was not armed and her size was not much of a threat!

I back Law Enforcement 100%! They have to put up with a lot of crap for not much money! But, they know that before hand!

Bullaholic
06-11-2009, 12:29 PM
I fully support our men and women in law enforcement, but in this case I think the officer should have asked the woman to get back in her vehicle, removed the woman's keys, handcuffed her to the steering wheel, and called for a female officer backup. If she resisted, I think he should have put her in the back of his cruiser and waited for the female officer.

Trashman
06-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I fully support our men and women in law enforcement, but in this case I think the officer should have asked the woman to get back in her vehicle, removed the woman's keys, handcuffed her to the steering wheel, and called for a female officer backup. If she resisted, I think he should have put her in the back of his cruiser and waited for the female officer.

That would be a waste of time and resources.:D :devil:

Bullaholic
06-11-2009, 12:33 PM
That would be a waste of time and resources.:D :devil:

Not as much time and resources as this forthcoming lawsuit is going to waste...

CHS_CG
06-11-2009, 12:35 PM

The lawsuit will be laughed at.. the officer did nothing wrong... the woman shut up as soon as the dash cam video was released bc she knows SHE was in the wrong not him.

Bullaholic
06-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
The lawsuit will be laughed at.. the officer did nothing wrong... the woman shut up as soon as the dash cam video was released bc she knows SHE was in the wrong not him.

I'll take that bet. There are miles of lawyers out there who will just jump at the chance of trying the case of a 72-year old tased woman in front of a jury, regardless of the circumstances.

garciap77
06-11-2009, 12:42 PM

Where did you get your training at? I bet you just used your common sense!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looking for a job in Law Enforcement?:D

;)

Trashman
06-11-2009, 12:43 PM

It will never get to court. A judge with even a 1/4 brain would throw it out after seeing the video.:thinking:

Bullaholic
06-11-2009, 12:45 PM
It will never get to court. A judge with even a 1/4 brain would throw it out after seeing the video.:thinking:

Again--15-20 years ago, probably....in today's society---get ready to go to court or settle. IMO--even if she doesn't want to sue, one of her friends, family, or an opportunistic lawyer will talk her into it.

LH_Tuff
06-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but the talk of lawsuit reminded me of something funny I saw the other day - I saw a SUV rearend a small car at about 2 mph. Can't say I even saw any damage. Well, the lady driving the car got out and was walking around talking to the 'other' lady who was driving the SUV. A police officer happen to see this from across the street and proceeded to come over and turn his lights on (It was blocking traffic). When the lady from the car saw the police car, she grabbed her back and threw herself onto the grass. She laid there 'writhing' in pain as the police officer and the other lady stood over and looked at her.

Now there is a lawsuit. ;)