PDA

View Full Version : Lamesa Golden Tornado football 2009

Sweetwater Red
06-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Okay I hope Torb answers this because I'm really interested in his outlook for next season.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-10-2009, 09:56 AM
i know im not torb but i think lamesa will be better this year. they wont contend for the district title but i dont think they finish in last either.

Torb
06-10-2009, 10:38 AM
We'll see, it's put up or shut up time for us ....

We should be better, 10 starters back on Offense - 3 Jrs that have started since their Freshman year, 4 Seniors that have started since their Soph year. 9 starters back on Defense - 3 Jrs since 9th year and 3 Srs since Soph year- we must be alot better on this side of the ball. Will have 18 Seniors this year, that will help. Past 3 years we have had 8, 6, & 5 in our Senior class...that's pretty tough. We now have 100 - 120 kids playing 9-12, our first year we had 58 playing 9-12. We will finally be able to let our better Freshmen play on the Freshmen Team and will have 8 - 10 Juniors on the JV with about 25 Sophs. We have had to play our better young kids up every year before this one, should help.

Very tough District, Monahans, Seminole, and Greenwood have to be the favorites to make the playoffs ... Our coaching staff is excited to see how our kids respond this year.

Won't get much more from me about '09, we'll see...

Sweetwater Red
06-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Torb
We'll see, it's put up or shut up time for us ....

We should be better, 10 starters back on Offense - 3 Jrs that have started since their Freshman year, 4 Seniors that have started since their Soph year. 9 starters back on Defense - 3 Jrs since 9th year and 3 Srs since Soph year- we must be alot better on this side of the ball. Will have 18 Seniors this year, that will help. Past 3 years we have had 8, 6, & 5 in our Senior class...that's pretty tough. We now have 100 - 120 kids playing 9-12, our first year we had 58 playing 9-12. We will finally be able to let our better Freshmen play on the Freshmen Team and will have 8 - 10 Juniors on the JV with about 25 Sophs. We have had to play our better young kids up every year before this one, should help.

Very tough District, Monahans, Seminole, and Greenwood have to be the favorites to make the playoffs ... Our coaching staff is excited to see how our kids respond this year.

Won't get much more from me about '09, we'll see...

Thanks Coach. Next season sounds very promising. Nice to hear
that participation has increased. Good luck next season.

IHStangFan
06-10-2009, 12:55 PM
WOOOHOOO!!!! GO TORNADOES!!! You've been my step-child team for 3 or 4 years now. I love me some Tornadoes. If I remember correctly, Lamesa scored more points in their first 2 or 3 games last season than they did the entire previous season. To me that's a HUGE improvement. I'll be watching from afar and wishing the Tornadoes well!!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a290/BAClanton/LamesaTornadoes.jpg