pirate4state
06-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
So do ya'll think that you be able to beat somebody besides
Breckenridge in district next season?:thinking: :eek: :eek: LOL

I'm gonna say yes, but reserve the right to change my mind later. :D

Ranger Mom
06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
When I read the "most improved" thread the other day and saw people saying "Brownwood"....I thought to myself; "If they just win 4 games this year, they will have improved!":thinking:

:D :D :D

95mustang
06-10-2009, 09:40 AM
All I am going to say is you will all be suprised. Will we be improved as a team yes. Will we beat everyone in district that will be decided on the field next year. I believe we will beat the majority though if not everyone. :D

Ex-Tiger2005
06-10-2009, 10:04 AM
it will get ugly when the b'wood posters start to read this and reply!

Ranger Mom
06-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
it will get ugly when the b'wood posters start to read this and reply!

For the most part....they are just a bunch of "jokesters" like the rest of us!!

They will just make this thread fun!!:D

Ex-Tiger2005
06-10-2009, 10:08 AM
most definately!!!

waterboy
06-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Brownwood? Never heard of it. Do they play football there?:confused:

:stirpot:

:1popcorn:

Sweetwater Red
06-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Brownwood? Do they play football there?:confused:

:stirpot:

Yes they do. Just not very well.:thinking:

BEAST
06-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Once again the proof is shown. Red made threads for most of the teams in our distict with the same title. The only one getting much action is, of course, Brownwood. You guys are just something. Just cant quit talking about us.:D

Last year was bad, this year will not be. And Red, one bad season does not mean we dont play good football here. What was the score between yall and us the year before last??

BEAST

Ranger Mom
06-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Once again the proof is shown. Red made threads for most of the teams in our distict with the same title. The only one getting much action is, of course, Brownwood. You guys are just something. Just cant quit talking about us.:D

Last year was bad, this year will not be. And Red, one bad season does not mean we dont play good football here. What was the score between yall and us the year before last??

I think Brownwood will be fine this season. I have to admit it didn't hurt my feelings last year to see the lions basically fall on their face.

There were certain posters who made me want to root against yall in the beginning.

Kinda crappy, I know! it wasn't the players faults that some of their posters were more than mouthy and I personally found some humor in the fact they didn't even make it out of district....albeit the toughest district.....but you know you gotta expect some flak this season. It's human nature!!!

Sweetwater Red
06-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think Brownwood will be fine this season. I have to admit it didn't hurt my feelings last year to see the lions basically fall on their face.

There were certain posters who made me want to root against yall in the beginning.

Kinda crappy, I know! it wasn't the players faults that some of their posters were more than mouthy and I personally found some humor in the fact they didn't even make it out of district....albeit the toughest district.....but you know you gotta expect some flak this season. It's human nature!!!

Don't tell anyone. But I actually like the BW posters that have
stuck around during the offseason.:eek:

pirate4state
06-10-2009, 10:37 AM

+1

Remember when I came to visit and we had drinks & laughed the night both Brownwood & Celina lost? :devil: :D

But, I do admire that they, unlike others, can take a joke & roll with it! :)

95mustang
06-10-2009, 10:39 AM

BEAST

I don't think they want to remember that one. It was a little rough on them.

ccmom
06-10-2009, 10:43 AM
RM, I'm thinking we might be related. I don't even need to post anymore because you seem to read my mind. : )

Sweetwater Red
06-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

But, I do admire that they, unlike others, can take a joke & roll with it! :)

Exactly!:thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Don't tell anyone. But I actually like the BW posters that have
stuck around during the offseason.:eek:

Most definitely!! They 'melded" right in like they had always been here!!

waterboy
06-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I just like picking on them. It's better them than us! Believe me, I know how they feel:D

Looking4number8
06-10-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm feeling the love today!

garciap77
06-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
All I am going to say is you will all be suprised. Will we be improved as a team yes. Will we beat everyone in district that will be decided on the field next year. I believe we will beat the majority though if not everyone. :D

:confused:

Mustang are you talking about Sweetwater?:confused:

BEAST
06-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by garciap77

No. Hes is Brownwood fan that played at Andrews back in the 90s.

BEAST

Lion_Addict
06-10-2009, 11:44 AM
YAWL SUCK!!!

Ohhhhh, my bad.....Lovefest :rolleyes:

;) :p

garciap77
06-10-2009, 11:46 AM
No. Hes is Brownwood fan that played at Andrews back in the 90s.

BEAST

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/insomnia.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

Thanks!

BwdLion73
06-10-2009, 11:55 AM
Based on the three team improvment thread...and after checking my abacus numbers I am prepared to say that Brownwood will win more district games than they did last year.

charlesrixey
06-10-2009, 12:23 PM
as an impartial observer,

brownwood played one of the toughest schedules in the state last year

they had a top 5 offense with a not top 5 defense, and thusly could score well on a bunch of great teams and yet couldn't stop them enough to win

I think once they lost a couple of times (to some rather decent teams i might add) their confidence was shaken and they just didn't seem to improve really on defense.

Assuming their defense improves somewhat, their new coach develops a little bit of a qb (which i think he will)-i think Brownwood will be a playoff team this year, and looking at their schedule (most of the great teams they played have lost a little or a lot) they could finish around 8-2 and be one of the top 3-4 teams in the region.

95mustang
06-10-2009, 12:43 PM

Sorry about that. I am through and through Maroon and White. I used to be a Black and Gold Mustang. Never would I consider a red and white Mustang.

garciap77
06-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Sorry about that. I am through and through Maroon and White. I used to be a Black and Gold Mustang. Never would I consider a red and white Mustang.

I thought they were Pink and White? Or is it Red now?

;)

95mustang
06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
I thought they were Pink and White? Or is it Red now?

;)

I was going by the colors they are suppose to be not what they are really> ;)

garciap77
06-10-2009, 12:50 PM
I was going by the colors they are suppose to be not what they are really> ;)

LOL

TexasHSFB
06-10-2009, 03:39 PM
When I read the "most improved" thread the other day and saw people saying "Brownwood"....I thought to myself; "If they just win 4 games this year, they will have improved!":thinking:

:D :D :D There's a difference between being "most improved" like the thread title says and improving one game.

Trashman
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
We will be fine.....:devil: