PDA

View Full Version : Texas High School best stadiums.

Cameron Crazy
06-10-2009, 07:44 AM
http://community.prepticket.com/photo/photo/show?id=823292%3APhoto%3A97621&context=album&albumId=823292%3AAlbum%3A97648

Quite intresting to say the least.

Txbroadcaster
06-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Not sure why Abe MArtin in Lufkin is on that list..it is not a terrible place, but I do not think of it as one of the best in Texas by any means

Cameron Crazy
06-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Not sure why Abe MArtin in Lufkin is on that list..it is not a terrible place, but I do not think of it as one of the best in Texas by any means Their are numerous stadiums that have been updated jsut recently that are not on here that look alot better than some of them on the list.

Rabid Cougar
06-10-2009, 08:04 AM
I would add WISD in Waco and Aledo's new stadium.

I still have soft spot for the old stadiums though.

Txbroadcaster
06-10-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Their are numerous stadiums that have been updated jsut recently that are not on here that look alot better than some of them on the list.

yea about half of those on the list really have no place IMO

seems like they just picked a mix of new staduims with some old ones and said here is a list.

Pick6
06-10-2009, 08:19 AM
From the quick glances that I took, the El Paso stadium is the best. It looked like the only one with natural grass.

Sweetwater Red
06-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Oh lord. I hope no Forney posters look at the pics.

I've been to five or six of those stadiums. IMO Ratliffe doesn't
belong on the list. There is nothing that stands out about it. It
just doesn't seem to have any character. I feel the same about
Wichita Falls' stadium. San Angelo's and Manfield's are nice though.

sahen
06-10-2009, 09:17 AM
wow...no Stallworth Stadium in Baytown? thats kinda weird....i may be biased but when you put something like Veteran's Stadium in Pasadena on it I would think you would have to include Stallworth...

I have been to North Shore, Katy, Berry Center (Cypress area schools), and Woodforest Stadiums....Berry Center was the coolest high school stadium i have been to, the pics of the inside dont do it justice the way they incorporated it into the basketball arena area is pretty awesome....Woodforest is very nice as well....Katy's stadium is nothing special unless if you like holes in the ground (the whole stadium is basically a hole in the ground or a hole in a hill, either way its a hole and its unbearably hot with no wind in august/sept) or if you go to a Katy game in it, the atmosphere there makes the stadium in my opinion...North Shore is kinda blah but has a lot of cool toys that go with the stadium....

pirate4state
06-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Not sure why Abe MArtin in Lufkin is on that list..it is not a terrible place, but I do not think of it as one of the best in Texas by any means Agreed, maybe seating? Even then I remember the WOS/Gilmer game being PACKED! :thinking:

I really like Alamo Stadium, I don't know if it should be that high up, but oh well.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-10-2009, 09:50 AM
the first field is nice i think from cy fair wow that thing was amazing

95mustang
06-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I would have to throw the Stadium in Andrews with the recent upgrade to the field house. I know the San Angelo stadium and Andrews Mustangs: Mustang Bowl almost mimic each other in design. The San Angleo Stadium has more seating, but the Mustangs have that field house.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
I would have to throw the Stadium in Andrews with the recent upgrade to the field house. I know the San Angelo stadium and Andrews Mustangs: Mustang Bowl almost mimic each other in design. The San Angleo Stadium has more seating, but the Mustangs have that field house.

i agree that field is pretty nice now!

waterboy
06-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Never been to most of those stadiums......:thinking: From the looks of some of them, I have to wonder how they made the list. I've never been there, but I always heard Pizza Hut Park in Frisco is nice. Corsicana's Stadium is nice, too.

Maroon87
06-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Buc Stadium?!?!? Really???:doh:

Alamo Stadium is a great stadium for a game, but when I played there the turf was awful and my ankles were sore for weeks.

Woodforest is really nice...saw a few games there last year as it is very close to my house.

I'm surprised Midlothian ISD isn't on the list.:thinking:

I went to the Round Rock ISD stadium for the 4A-DII finals in '05. The outcome was not pleasant but the place is pretty sweet...

Pick6
06-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I've never been there, but I always heard Pizza Hut Park in Frisco is nice.

Grass field. Grass from our farm also.

Emerson1
06-10-2009, 11:59 AM
RRISD is nice and fancy, but watching a game there sucks. You are a mile away from the field.

Emerson1
06-10-2009, 12:01 PM
yea about half of those on the list really have no place IMO

seems like they just picked a mix of new staduims with some old ones and said here is a list.
Farrington Field

Is that the field we were a mile away and broadcast from a utility closest with dial up?

bevodidit
06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Corsicana should be on the list. That is a very nice stadium.

Lobo stadium in Longview is better than Abe Martin. Forney has no gripe, its ok but not one of the best.

Rose Stadium in Tyler is getting a $670k video scoreboard for next season.

I like Mesquite Memorial too.

How about a worst list? I am sure we can come up with several candidates!

Pick6
06-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by bevodidit

How about a worst list? I am sure we can come up with several candidates!

Gotta start with Pilot Point.

SHSBulldog00
06-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87

:iagree: What about Crusader Stadium in Houston; on Strake Jesuit's campus; I was very impressed with it when we played there.

Emerson1
06-10-2009, 12:18 PM
in Longview is better than Abe Martin. Forney has no gripe, its ok but not one of the best.

Rose Stadium in Tyler is getting a $670k video scoreboard for next season.

Forney is getting a new video replay too plus other upgrades. We have turf now too.

Stadium still sucks though

Bullaholic
06-10-2009, 12:24 PM
The old standby on stadiums:

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/

ronwx5x
06-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Gotta start with Pilot Point.

Cleveland Tarkington is worse than Pilot Point and I've been to both. Tarkington would be bad for even a 1A school. The home stand might hold 400, visitors 200. Texas Bob lists the capacity as 600 and that's probably generous. It is so bad that no picture is shown on TexasBob. The field is awful and not getting better.

Sweetwater Red
06-10-2009, 12:36 PM

It is on the list.

Pick6
06-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Cleveland Tarkington is worse than Pilot Point and I've been to both. Tarkington would be bad for even a 1A school. The home stand might hold 400, visitors 200. Texas Bob lists the capacity as 600 and that's probably generous. It is so bad that no picture is shown on TexasBob. The field is awful and not getting better.

Pilot Point is so bad some students tried to turn it into a Basketball court a couple years ago. They cemented a basketball goal on the 50 yard line.

IHStangFan
06-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Buc Stadium?!?!? Really???:doh:

Alamo Stadium is a great stadium for a game, but when I played there the turf was awful and my ankles were sore for weeks.

Woodforest is really nice...saw a few games there last year as it is very close to my house.

I went to the Round Rock ISD stadium for the 4A-DII finals in '05. The outcome was not pleasant but the place is pretty sweet... you read my mind on almost all of these.....Buc Stadium, LOL!!! And I also agree Midlothian not being on the list surprises me.

Lion_Addict
06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It is on the list.

Isn't that where we went??? And saw that gawd awful fugly Orange team.... :ack!:
Brain block :nerd:
If so, that was a nice 'un.

IHStangFan
06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It is on the list. dang....I guess I missed it. I stand corrected. That IS a nice stadium.

sahen
06-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x

might have something to do with tarkington having one of the longest playoff droughts in all of football...i never went to their field cause quite honestly i cant remember many teams losing there...

bevodidit
06-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Never been to most of those stadiums......:thinking: From the looks of some of them, I have to wonder how they made the list. I've never been there, but I always heard Pizza Hut Park in Frisco is nice. Corsicana's Stadium is nice, too.

Pizza Hut Park is awesome. Went to a playoff game there a couple years ago. I think Frisco has another high school stadium beside using PHP. With 6 or more high schools they better.

TexasHSFB
06-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by sahen
wow...no Stallworth Stadium in Baytown? thats kinda weird....i may be biased but when you put something like Veteran's Stadium in Pasadena on it I would think you would have to include Stallworth...

I have been to North Shore, Katy, Berry Center (Cypress area schools), and Woodforest Stadiums....Berry Center was the coolest high school stadium i have been to, the pics of the inside dont do it justice the way they incorporated it into the basketball arena area is pretty awesome....Woodforest is very nice as well....Katy's stadium is nothing special unless if you like holes in the ground (the whole stadium is basically a hole in the ground or a hole in a hill, either way its a hole and its unbearably hot with no wind in august/sept) or if you go to a Katy game in it, the atmosphere there makes the stadium in my opinion...North Shore is kinda blah but has a lot of cool toys that go with the stadium.... North sHore's stadium is VERY nice, especially that scoreboard. :clap:
I agree about Stallworth in Baytown. That should be on there.

If I recall right, I watched Lamar Consolidated play there a few years ago when they had the Rodgers brothers. I think that was the game JaQuizz broke the state record for TD's.

TexasHSFB
06-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Not sure why Abe MArtin in Lufkin is on that list..it is not a terrible place, but I do not think of it as one of the best in Texas by any means Yea, for sure. IMO, the stadium is a little to vertical and the seating area is TINY for such a big place. Parking was nice tho.

And, I'm thinking maybe Victoria Memorial.

It's a really nice place to watch, not sure about playing surface.

And, Katy is nothing special. It looks kinda cool, but if I wanted an in ground stadium I would have used that one that Brenham/El Campo played their playoff game in, in Houston. I can't remember the name.

sahen
06-10-2009, 04:05 PM
i didnt mean North Shore's wasnt nice...i just meant the atmosphere at their games is kinda "blah"...the stadium itself its pretty neat from the video board to the tvs showing teh game down at the concession stands....of course it could be "blah" because they hammer everyone they play there, if its a close game i imagine it may be different...

katy's doesnt really have anything cool except its a hole in the ground but when i have saw katy high play there it was a pretty cool experience atmosphere wise, but that coudl be because it was their homecoming and they sold out the entire stadium, it was like being at a college game (albeit a small one) and because my team won lol...when i went there for a playoff game this year it wasnt as cool for a neutral site but atleast it wasnt 100 degrees with no breeze...

if you haven't been to Berry Center out in Cypress TexasHSFB then you should pick a playoff game next year and make a trip...i have never seen a highschool stadium like that...it, in my opinion is the best in the state, probably one of the best in the country...

im not sure about where the Rodgers kid broke the touchdown record but i dont think it was at Stallworth...if i remember right he did it in the 3rd round or so and typcially Stallworth is only used the first 2 rounds, after that the bigger schools all go into Houston and the smaller schools arent playing anyone that Stallworth would be a halfway point at...i could be wrong though, i was busy following Dayton that playoff season so i wasn't in Baytown for those games....

Maroon87
06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB

And, Katy is nothing special. It looks kinda cool, but if I wanted an in ground stadium I would have used that one that Brenham/El Campo played their playoff game in, in Houston. I can't remember the name.

Tully?:thinking:

sinfan75
06-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Berry Center is an awesome studium and I've just seen pictures of it. Buddy of mine drove by it and thought it was a college stadium until he found out otherwise. He was in shock. :D

TexasHSFB
06-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Tully?:thinking: That's the one. :)

Very nice stadium, but it was raining that game and I was unprepared. :mad:

bevodidit
06-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Berry Center is an awesome studium and I've just seen pictures of it. Buddy of mine drove by it and thought it was a college stadium until he found out otherwise. He was in shock. :D

Yep its awesome. Just be glad you aren't in the Cy Fair school district and totin the note on that bad boy.

sahen
06-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Yep its awesome. Just be glad you aren't in the Cy Fair school district and totin the note on that bad boy.

actually waht they did was pretty smart...they were opening their 8th, 9th, and 10th highschools in a matter of 2 years and they were already paying 100s of thousands of dollars each year to rent reliant just for graduation...so basically they needed an arena for graduation for their schools, a new stadium (1 stadium for 10 schools dont cut it obviously), and a new food processing place...they decided to put them in one compound and saved a good bit of money by doing it that way...now dont get me wrong thats a rich area of houston so what they built was a spare no expense project and much more than the bare minimum but for them to build a 8000+ basketball arena, theater (not movie, the nice kind for plays), conference facility, 11000 seat football stadium, and their food processing place it was around 80 million i think...considering they have 10 schools thats a lot of taxpayers to spread that out over...its a good sized bill but it aint as bad as i thought it was when i saw the place....