PDA

View Full Version : How can 2 districts.......

Bull's-eye
06-09-2009, 08:43 PM
DOMINATE R4?

Districts 25 & 26 did a remarkable job this year. Former R3 teams, once called a bunch of R3 Rejects, just about won everything in region 4. Let's start with volleyball, D25 Bellville defeats D25 Columbus for the region 4 championship. In football, D25 Giddings defeats D25 Bellville for the DII R4 football championship. D26 Stafford takes the R4 crown in basketball. In softball, D26 Needville defeats D26 Sweeny for the R4 championship and goes on to win state. Congratulations to the Lady Jays. In baseball, D25 Giddings defeats D25 Bellville for the R4 championship. Good luck to the Buffs as they try to win state. After the Lone Star Cup is tallied, Bellville will probably be the top R4 team.

Electus Unus
06-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Because aside from region IV baseball and Cuero region IV is a cakewalk.

Bull's-eye
06-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Because aside from region IV baseball and Cuero region IV is a cakewalk.

But what about Sinton and all the talk we hear how R4 is just as strong as any other region? Needville did win state in softball, so R4 has some bragging rights. Giddings could possibly take the baseball title.

Electus Unus
06-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
But what about Sinton and all the talk we hear how R4 is just as strong as any other region? Needville did win state in softball, so R4 has some bragging rights. Giddings could possibly take the baseball title. What talk? All I've ever heard about region IV is damn good baseball and being top heavy in all other sports mainly being Cuero.

NastySlot
06-09-2009, 08:53 PM
maybe idk...you might be patting your back to hard..........could it have been that those teams you mentioned in all sports had great teams........or are you saying they wouldn't have been good in region III............i like to think that they were all very exceptional regardless of region and leave it at that....cause your way almost short changes them and region iv.

Bull's-eye
06-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Do you think the UIL decided to strengthen R4 by moving those 2 districts?

I believe one poster went back some years and showed that R4 had been just as good as the other regions. It probably goes in cycles, but have to agree that D25 & D26 were the cream of the R4 crop.

NastySlot
06-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Do you think the UIL decided to strengthen R4 by moving those 2 districts?

I believe one poster went back some years and showed that R4 had been just as good as the other regions. It probably goes in cycles, but have to agree that D25 & D26 were the cream of the R4 crop.

oh without a doubt they have proved it.

pirate4state
06-10-2009, 12:20 AM
But what about Sinton and all the talk we hear how R4 is just as strong as any other region? Needville did win state in softball, so R4 has some bragging rights. Giddings could possibly take the baseball title. :clap: :clap:

SINTON RULES!!!!

in baseball, but sometimes we like to give other teams a shot at what it feels like to win the region, mkay?

glad we cleared that up.

:)

sinton66
06-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Bellville beat Sinton for the R4 title this last football season. They did so by 7 points. One touchdown (42-35). The last time these two met for the R4 title, it was Sinton winning by 8 points(21-13 in 2001 in route to a finals match with Everman). Sounds like 1-1 to me. How exactly does that make your district superior? It DOES go in cycles for every region and most districts within those regions.

TexasHSFB
06-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Bellville beat Sinton for the R4 title this last football season. They did so by 7 points. One touchdown (42-35). The last time these two met for the R4 title, it was Sinton winning by 8 points(21-13 in 2001 in route to a finals match with Everman). Sounds like 1-1 to me. How exactly does that make your district superior? It DOES go in cycles for every region and most districts within those regions. I'm pretty sure he's talking about 2009.

Who cares what happened 8 years ago?

25 and 26 ruled Reg 4 in 2009.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:clap: :clap:

SINTON RULES!!!!

glad we cleared that up.

:)

Rules over who? To rule over someone you need to beat them in the playoffs?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB

25 and 26 ruled Reg 4 in 2009. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

sinton66
06-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
I'm pretty sure he's talking about 2009.

25 and 26 ruled Reg 4 in 2009.

Like I said,

It DOES go in cycles for every region and most districts within those regions.

Just so happens it was 8 years ago the ONLY other time these two met before last season. It could be another 8 before they do again. Who knows? As close as the game was last season, it could also be 2-1 (all time) in either's favor next year, provided both have the "hosses" to get there again. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Bull's-eye
06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm talking about this 2008-09 season, including all sports and not just football. Read slowly........it ain't about Sinton vs Bellville, it's about the former R3 districts doing so well in R4.

Bull's-eye
06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
[B]Bellville beat Sinton for the R4 title this last football season. /B]

No, Giddings won the R4 DII title over Bellville. Sinton did not play in the R4 final. :)

TexasHSFB
06-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Lol @ this thread.

25 and 26 (and Cuero) own the Region.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-10-2009, 05:06 PM
All i can say is congrats on winning to each team that won a region title. But this is getting to be annoying as it seems like some of those fans from these districts are acting like they havent won before a region title. Enjoy it and represent instead of trying to downgrade the accomplishments by those individuals on those teams.

Bull's-eye
06-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
All i can say is congrats on winning to each team that won a region title. But this is getting to be annoying as it seems like some of those fans from these districts are acting like they havent won before a region title. Enjoy it and represent instead of trying to downgrade the accomplishments by those individuals on those teams.

Just giving some credit & praise to what these former two R3 districts have accomplished this season. Hopefully, R4 is just as tough as any other region and these 2 districts will get some respect for an amazing year. I'm sure if it was reversed, you would do the same. Nobody is downgrading those individuals, only giving them some praise. Let's hope Giddings will win state, giving R4 some more creditability it deserves.

I'm sandwiched between these two districts, so I tend to be like a proud papa. :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin

We were also annoyed at the first of the year when we were called R3 rejects. That might have something to do with it? These 2 districts have also won in R3.

Ranger Mom
06-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
We were also annoyed at the first of the year when we were called R3 rejects. That might have something to do with it? These 2 districts have also won in R3.

I have seen reference to that on several signatures and posts.....who initially said it?

Bull's-eye
06-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I have seen reference to that on several signatures and posts.....who initially said it?

A poster from Sinton. :rolleyes: