PDA

View Full Version : Bellville's New AD.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Doug Foster gets the job. Good luck to Doug on his new AD position!

rancher
06-09-2009, 07:57 PM
GREAT HIRE!! My source told me he was the one everyone wanted. Coach Collier also impressed a few of those having a voice in the situation.

Astro2
06-09-2009, 08:15 PM
What was his prior position??

Will this be a smooth transition?

Bull's-eye
06-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Astro2
What was his prior position??

Will this be a smooth transition?

DC and yes it should be a very smooth transition. With Bellville coming off a great season and so late in the year, I'm sure they didn't want someone coming in and changing things. Bellville will return a load of talent and should be one of the top R4 teams.

Astro2
06-09-2009, 08:32 PM
thats good to hear. I am always a fan of the Austin County teams...

Did Huey call the plays this year?? Do you know who will prob. have that duty?

Bull's-eye
06-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Astro2
thats good to hear. I am always a fan of the Austin County teams...

Did Huey call the plays this year?? Do you know who will prob. have that duty?

I believe the offensive plays were called by Coach Cerney. As with any team, the head coach always has the last say.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
DC and yes it should be a very smooth transition. With Bellville coming off a great season and so late in the year, I'm sure they didn't want someone coming in and changing things. Bellville will return a load of talent and should be one of the top R4 teams.

Bellville should be better than last season with all the players coming back.

maestro
06-10-2009, 11:18 AM
hopefully this will not mean a move for coach collier.

definitely one of the " good guys " in the hoops profession.

OldBison75
06-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Bellville made a great choice to stay within for the new HC/AD. Either Foster or Collier would have been a good chioce. Collier won't be going anywhere, he will be given more responsibility and more money and loves Bellville. I expect that this confidence in the coaching staff will solidify an already solid program and Bellville will only get better and stronger.

This puts the entire athletic program on a steady path of building on the successes already there. Wish more schools were smart enough to think this way and hire from within.

trg
06-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Congratulations to Coach Foster. Good luck in your job. We will miss you in power lifting...

Brahma2006
06-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Now that Foster is the head coach are there going to be changes at positions. The QB job is Mueller's but Knoll is a hell of player too. Id like to see if they dont use Knoll more at QB and move Mueller to TE. Makes more sense after watching all the playoff games last year where the passing game struggled

nette_mom
06-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Why would Collier get more money when all the teachers in our district are getting a pay cut instead of a pay raise! That's so typical.

BaTmAn24
06-10-2009, 07:47 PM
:thinking: I don't know about this move... I agree that it is good to hire from within, but i question Foster's ability to be a head coach. However, Doug is a good guy and i wish him the best of luck next year.

RedStorm
06-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm sure Foster will put Collier in charge of offense. Why are people saying Collier's getting a raise that's not true. And teachers aren't getting a paycut either i would know.

KL3
06-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Foster was in Bellville in the late 90's, went to the Fort Bend area I believe to coach in 5A, and then came back to Bellville a few years ago.

He is the one who installed the stack defense Bellville played this year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
I'm sure Foster will put Collier in charge of offense. Why are people saying Collier's getting a raise that's not true. And teachers aren't getting a paycut either i would know.

I would also say if their is a pay raise the others need to get one also. meaning teachers. David Cerney sould be the person in charge of the offense.

Bull's-eye
06-11-2009, 12:34 AM
Let me call the plays.:2thumbsup :iagree:

K-MAC Chuck
06-11-2009, 08:40 AM
From a totally "outside" perspective..I got to meet Coach Foster this morning. Found him to be very personable and he definitely cares about the overall program and identity at Bellville. Congrats to him and the community!

Johnny Utah
06-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Huey called the plays. Congrats to Foster. Good luck to the Brahmas.