PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News!!!

sinfan75
06-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Cow burps cause global warming. I'm sorry. I laughed so hard when I read it I had to post it.

JasperDog94
06-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Cow burps cause global warming. I'm sorry. I laughed so hard when I read it I had to post it. I heard it was cow farts. Now it's burps too? Sounds like I'm having beef for dinner!;)

SintonFan
06-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Yes, Cows burbs cause more greenhouse gasses(methane) than anything else.
I learned of this in the late 90's.
I'm still trying to figure out how to mount a cow onto a truck carburetor to do my part to save the planet.:doh:

Trashman
06-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Yes, Cows burbs cause more greenhouse gasses(methane) than anything else.
I learned of this in the late 90's.
I'm still trying to figure out how to mount a cow onto a truck carburetor to do my part to save the planet.:doh:

Actually burning coal produces 75% of green house gases. :nerd: If flatulent cattle are such a problem, wouldn't flatulent humans be even more of a problem? why aren't the environmentalists after humans to use more beano? :thinking:

SintonFan
06-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Actually burning coal produces 75% of green house gases. :nerd: If flatulent cattle are such a problem, wouldn't flatulent humans be even more of a problem? why aren't the environmentalists after humans to use more beano? :thinking:
So you are saying you don't want to buy my truck if I can mount a cow to it to save the planet?:(
I read that in Omni magazine in the late 80's.:tongue:

TexasHSFB
06-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'm still trying to figure out how to mount a cow :eek: :eek: :D

Cameron Crazy
06-10-2009, 07:50 AM
They said something to the fact that they were going to charge ranchers 175$ a head because they burp and fart out greenhouse gases.

The Obama admin is getting redic

garciap77
06-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
They said something to the fact that they were going to charge ranchers 175$ a head because they burp and fart out greenhouse gases.

The Obama admin is getting redic

:thinking:
How about this one:

House OKs ‘cash for clunkers’ bill
BY KEN THOMAS
Associated Press
WASHINGTON — The House on Tuesday ap_proved a “ cash for clunk_ers” bill that aims to boost new auto sales by paying consumers up to $ 4,500 to turn in their gas- guzzling cars and trucks for more fuel- efficient vehicles. President Barack Obama has encouraged Congress to approve consumer incen_tives for new car purchases as part of the government’s work to restructure Gen_eral Motors and Chrysler. The House approved the bill 298-119. Supporters pushed for the measure to stimulate car sales and increase the fleet of fuel- efficient vehicles on the nation’s highways. The vehicle scrappage bill has been in negotia_tions for months as law_makers try to find a solu_tion that boosts car sales while providing some en_vironmental benefits.
Opponents said the bill was an artificial incentive for the industry. Under the House bill, car owners could get a voucher worth $3,500 if they traded a vehicle getting 18 miles per gallon or less for one getting at least 22 mpg. The value of the voucher would grow to $ 4,500 if the mileage of the new car is 10 mpg higher than the old vehicle. The EPA- estimated miles per gallon figures are listed on the window sticker.
Owners of SUVs, pickups or minivans that get 18 mpg or less could receive a vouch_er for $ 3,500 if their new truck or SUV is at least 2 mpg higher than their old vehicle. The voucher would increase to $4,500 if the mileage of the new truck or SUV is at least 5 mpg higher than the older vehicle.