PDA

View Full Version : Good News in Volleyball Everyone

Phil C
08-15-2003, 01:57 PM
The high school games are changing this year in 3A volleyball to more like they are in college. The games will be up to 25 points but the defensive team can score too and the matches will be 3 out 5 rather than 2 out of 3. It makes for an interesting year. Football and Volleyball are coming! You gotta love it!

Bandera YaYa
08-15-2003, 11:46 PM
Hey Phil! Sounds good to me....I used to love to watch my daughter play volleyball....then her coach told her basically not to try out her junior year,(after starting the last year) that there were Freshmen that would be playing instead of her....yeah that coach,in just a few seconds, literally crushed my daughter's love for the game, and she hasn't played since. Yep, gotta love a coach like that! My daughter went to every camp offered, practiced hard, etc., but it just didn't matter in the long run. Was a great lesson to teach my daughter, don't you agree??
Well, our team didn't go far, nor did it the next year, so she moved on.....in search of her "Perfect" team, no doubt. Wish there was a way to get rid of these kind of coaches..ones who only think of themselves and not the kids. She inspired NO ONE, least of all my daughter.

Sorry, don't know where that all came from!!

Ya Ya!!