29 Devine
Pearsall
31 Sinton *
Ingleside
32 Rio Hondo *
Port Isabel

Electus Unus
06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Navasota lost a lot of talent. District title will come down to the battle of the bell.

SHSBulldog00
06-09-2009, 03:48 PM
I agree with District 26. All three teams could makefor an exciting race.

ssgmp5150
06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Well post your predictions then. I am not 100% up to speed on all the districts. So, if you have inside information please share it and I can update it as we go and see how close we get!

Pick6
06-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't see Sanger beating out Argyle for a playoff spot. Argyle, Celina and Prosper will represent District 9. Sanger is closer to 6th place than a playoff spot.

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I agree with District 26. All three teams could makefor an exciting race. I don't.

I think 26 is WAY off.

Royal won't be in the playoffs. They have amazing talent every year and never make it.

Needville will be average at best.

Sweeny will be the district champs.

Columbia and Wharton will be the other 2 in the playoffs. Columbia goes D1.

ssgmp5150
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I think Sanger is on the brink of having one heck of a season! I think Prosper is the one who lost a ton of talent and will struggle possibly this season. Whitesboro and Argyle both will be tough, but I picked a darkhorse to get third place in that district. I guess I am rooting for the underdog there!

SHSBulldog00
06-09-2009, 04:05 PM
West Columbia played the wrong QB IMO last year. I think if they cut down on their TO's they will be in the playoffs.

ssgmp5150
06-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Again, I am familiar with region II and that is about it! So, fire away guys! I will give it a few days of opinions to swirl around and then re-do the predictions and update them until the season starts and then see how it looks!

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 04:08 PM
West Columbia played the wrong QB IMO last year. I think if they cut down on their TO's they will be in the playoffs. Everyone knows that.... the coaches knew it then... I have no idea why they didn't change.

They WILL have the other kid playing QB next year, if they don't... they should all be fired.

The HC is a defense first coach and he will put a good one together. The O line should be the same and we should have Shawn Flannel carrying the ball. That should work out well for us. :)

The QB is an athlete, should be a VAST improvement.

Better speed too next year throughout.

Columbia will make the playoffs if they play the right QB. And after what Wharton did last year, it's hard to bet against them.

44INAROW
06-09-2009, 04:10 PM
SSG - just an FYI - Gonzales has a larger enrollment than Cuero, so anytime Gonzales makes the playoffs - the automatically go Div I. ;)

SHSBulldog00
06-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Is Goliad going to be that strong next year? Second in District?

ssgmp5150
06-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah....sorry guys if I got some DI and DII's all messed up. Anyway, it was the thought that counts right...lol Gives us something to talk about until football gets fired up anyway....So, that is another thing I will have to update to the predictions, but I will give it a few days to stir and brew and then go in and make some changes based on popular opinion....

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Is Goliad going to be that strong next year? Second in District? It doesn't matter. In D 28, it's Cuero and then... the rest.

Nobody else makes it out of the first round.

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 04:17 PM
D I

Region Four
District
25 Sealy
26 W Columbia
27 Somerset
28 Gonzales
29 Bandera *
31 Robstown
32 La Feria

D II

Region Four
District
25 Giddings *
Bellville
26 Sweeny *
Wharton
27 La Vernia *
Luling
28 Cuero*
Goliad
29 Devine
Pearsall
31 Sinton *
Ingleside
32 Rio Hondo *
Port Isabel

^^^
Now Region 4 looks good to me.

I don;t know much about the valley teams. Maybe someone can clean that up for us?

SHSBulldog00
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Sweeny may face Bellville in the first round. They played in Bellville this past year in Bellville on short notice (IKE) Bellville won but if Sweeny would have been able to hold on to the ball after three weeks of no practice they might have won. Would love to see a rematch!

ssgmp5150
06-09-2009, 04:20 PM
well I can tell you that DII wise, Celina stands a good chance of running the tables again this year and tucking away another state title! Unfortunately my beloved Farmers would have to meet them in round three if we make it that far!

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Sweeny may face Bellville in the first round. They played in Bellville this past year in Bellville on short notice (IKE) Bellville won but if Sweeny would have been able to hold on to the ball after three weeks of no practice they might have won. Would love to see a rematch! I'm sure this'll get em going but I don;t think Bellville will be near as good without the RB that went to UTEP (I'm at a loss for a name) and the coaching changes will hurt them. I think Sweeny can take em.

Who's gonna be QB'n for the dogs?

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ssgmp5150
well I can tell you that DII wise, Celina stands a good chance of running the tables again this year and tucking away another state title! Unfortunately my beloved Farmers would have to meet them in round three if we make it that far! Celina does lose those top 2 RB's. How do they stack up this year?

I guess just reloading huh?

ssgmp5150
06-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Collin County and region II have come on strong in recent years with numerous teams making deep playoff runs and grabbing a few state titles along the way from AA-AAAAA both DI and DII! I think Collin County is slowly becoming a football mecca with all the suburban growth in the area! They are building enormous high schools equipped with the best of everything and their stadiums rival some college stadiums. So, I suppose with a broader tax base and kids moving in it is only expected that this area would perform well in the state playoffs. Just my two cents!

ssgmp5150
06-09-2009, 04:25 PM
They have a stable of running backs! Their entire offensive and defensive lines are coming back literally! They will simply re-load! They were very young last year and if they can survive that murderous pre-season schedule against Daingerfield and Whitehouse, they will be unstoppable through district and through the playoffs I think.

Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Celina does lose those top 2 RB's. How do they stack up this year?

I guess just reloading huh?

SHSBulldog00
06-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Sweeny's QB will probably be Ferrell or Lemon. Personally I would rather it be Lemon. We'll have to see during 2 a days. They begin Aug. 3

SHSBulldog00
06-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Bellville will have Runnels at RB this year he is pretty good but not as good as the one that graduated.

BuckeyeNut
06-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I don't see Chapel Hill making the Playoffs or Gladewater and that will put Gilmer in DI

44INAROW
06-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Yeah....sorry guys if I got some DI and DII's all messed up. Anyway, it was the thought that counts right...lol Gives us something to talk about until football gets fired up anyway....So, that is another thing I will have to update to the predictions, but I will give it a few days to stir and brew and then go in and make some changes based on popular opinion....
I hear you - can't get to August soon enough for me... Might have to go check out some 7 on 7 to get a "fix" :D

block&tackle
06-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Argyle will challenge Celina this year in D9. I think that the order of finish will be 1) Celina, 2) Argyle, 3) Prosper.

Prosper should still be very good but they will be completely rebuilding on O and this is without a doubt the saltiest district in Region 1 or 2, at least 1-3. Sanger could be much improved over last year and still lose 5 games next year, even with their weak non-district schedule.

LH Panther Mom
06-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I hear you - can't get to August soon enough for me... Might have to go check out some 7 on 7 to get a "fix" :D
I'll be doing that in just a few minutes...after the lineman challenge...and driving across Leander in between to get to the other field. :doh:

HEMOTOXIC
06-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Navasota lost a lot of talent. District title will come down to the battle of the bell.

Yes, alot of talent was lost, yet alot of talent remains especially on the defensive side of the ball. Not to mention a very talented JV squad that hasn't lost many since starting 7th grade ball. It will be interesting.

waterboy
06-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
I don't see Chapel Hill making the Playoffs or Gladewater and that will put Gilmer in DI
If Chapel Hill doesn't make it, yes Gilmer will be D1. Gladewater would be a non-factor in whether the Buckeyes go D1 or D2 because Gilmer has the second highest enrollment in the district. If you don't think CH or Gladewater make the playoffs, who would take the third spot.......assuming Tatum makes it in? That only leaves Spring Hill and Bullard. Honestly, I would be surprised if CH didn't make it, but if they don't, Gladewater would be my pick as the third district 17-3A playoff team.

ssgmp5150
06-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I really do think Tatum will be much improved this season and possibly make the playoff's as the second or third place team!

Originally posted by waterboy
If Chapel Hill doesn't make it, yes Gilmer will be D1. Gladewater would be a non-factor in whether the Buckeyes go D1 or D2 because Gilmer has the second highest enrollment in the district. If you don't think CH or Gladewater make the playoffs, who would take the third spot.......assuming Tatum makes it in? That only leaves Spring Hill and Bullard. Honestly, I would be surprised if CH didn't make it, but if they don't, Gladewater would be my pick as the third district 17-3A playoff team.

ssgmp5150
06-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Again, you may be right regarding those three teams making the playoffs. I really don't think there will be a team in the district that will be able to hold a candle to Celina this year! However, rooting for the dark horse in that district, I am thinking Sanger may sneak into the 3rd place spot! Just threw them in there to stir things up a bit.

Originally posted by block&tackle
Argyle will challenge Celina this year in D9. I think that the order of finish will be 1) Celina, 2) Argyle, 3) Prosper.

Prosper should still be very good but they will be completely rebuilding on O and this is without a doubt the saltiest district in Region 1 or 2, at least 1-3. Sanger could be much improved over last year and still lose 5 games next year, even with their weak non-district schedule.

orange machine
06-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Again, you may be right regarding those three teams making the playoffs. I really don't think there will be a team in the district that will be able to hold a candle to Celina this year! However, rooting for the dark horse in that district, I am thinking Sanger may sneak into the 3rd place spot! Just threw them in there to stir things up a bit.

Argyle will be very good i would not be surprised to see Celina and Argyle meet up twice this year. I could see Sanger sneaking in the 3rd spot. If i remember last season Sanger gave Prosper all they wanted until the 4th qt when Prosper finally pulled away.

ssgmp5150
06-09-2009, 06:09 PM
I may be smoking crack here, but I am going out on a limb to say that Sanger upsets somebody to sneak into the 3rd place spot! That district is definately a tough district! Argyle I think gets second followed by either Prosper or Sanger!

Originally posted by orange machine
Argyle will be very good i would not be surprised to see Celina and Argyle meet up twice this year. I could see Sanger sneaking in the 3rd spot. If i remember last season Sanger gave Prosper all they wanted until the 4th qt when Prosper finally pulled away.

orange machine
06-09-2009, 06:23 PM
I may be smoking crack here, but I am going out on a limb to say that Sanger upsets somebody to sneak into the 3rd place spot! That district is definately a tough district! Argyle I think gets second followed by either Prosper or Sanger!

I agree with you that Sanger could sneak up on someone.

Pick6
06-10-2009, 06:38 AM
Sanger has as good of a chance of making the playoffs as the little Farmers do of winning the state championship.

waterboy
06-10-2009, 07:29 AM
I really do think Tatum will be much improved this season and possibly make the playoff's as the second or third place team!
I agree. I think it'll definitely be Gilmer and Tatum. The question mark is who will be the third representative, Chapel Hill or Gladewater. Honestly, I don't think Spring Hill or Bullard will make it.

ssgmp5150
06-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Hey, the Farmers will be much improved this season I think.... Celina would stand in our way this year and I don't see anyone geting by them this year....Again, I may be out in left field...It will probably be Celina, Argyle and Prosper in that order....However, I suppose I am rooting for the underdog. I think Sanger will be much improved this season.

Originally posted by Pick6
Sanger has as good of a chance of making the playoffs as the little Farmers do of winning the state championship.

BuckeyeNut
06-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by waterboy

I see it as Gilmer Tatum and SH:thinking: :thinking:

Simple Man
06-10-2009, 02:46 PM
I think Chapel Hill gets in at 2nd or 3rd. I am just not sure Gladewater has got the program going in the right direction yet. Tatum should be stronger than last year, Spring Hill is always tough and Bullard graduated the qb. He was a very big part of that team. Time will tell.

TexasHSFB
06-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Simple Man
I think Chapel Hill gets in at 2nd or 3rd. I am just not sure Gladewater has got the program going in the right direction yet. Tatum should be stronger than last year, Spring Hill is always tough and Bullard graduated the qb. He was a very big part of that team. Time will tell. For some reason, I thought Mexia was in ya'lls district?:thinking:

MN95
06-10-2009, 02:59 PM
They have a stable of running backs! Their entire offensive and defensive lines are coming back literally! They will simply re-load! They were very young last year and if they can survive that murderous pre-season schedule against Daingerfield and Whitehouse, they will be unstoppable through district and through the playoffs I think.

Troy and Charlie will be difficult to replace. I wouldn't say we have a "stable" of running backs. All of the candidates are unproven at the varsity level.

We also do not return our lines. We lost our starting center, both guards and TE, but will return 2 tackles that started last year. On D, we return our 2 starting DT's, but lost both DE's to graduation.

Don't get me wrong, I believe we will be good. We return 7-8 starters on D. Hopefully the D can carry us a bit until our new RB's and O linemen jell.

sotex
06-10-2009, 05:37 PM
I think Hondo beats out Pearsall for a playoff spot this year. Pearsall lost a ton of seniors. The Owls should be much improved with a fairly strong sophomore class moving up.