PDA

View Full Version : 2009 MLB Draft...

hollywood
06-09-2009, 01:03 PM
starts today @ 5. I know Purke and Miller are projected to go. Any other prospects out of the Lone Star state going out of HS?

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
starts today @ 5. I know Purke and Miller are projected to go. Any other prospects out of the Lone Star state going out of HS? I don;t know if it's that Purke kid or not, but there's suposed to be a stud pitcher out of Austin going...... And I think a kid from Memorial maybe?

Not sure. :thinking:

rholl
06-09-2009, 01:11 PM
Not 3a but I'm sure Colton Cain out of Waxahachie goes fairly high.
IN 3a...wouldn't be too surprised if Brady Kapshaw sp? out of Kennedale gets picked somewhere down the line.

SHSBulldog00
06-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Ryan Hornback of Sweeny was being watched by the N.Y. Mets and the Philadelphia Phillies. He may get drafted late?

SHSBulldog00
06-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Could Tallerine from Bellville be drafted at some point? Also what about any from Cuero?

hollywood
06-09-2009, 03:24 PM
You know you here about so many kids getting looks, it's hard to follow or know about most of them unless they've been getting a lot of attention. I wonder if any from the Calallen or Moody teams that are ranked nationally are expected to be drafted? Probably more from the 5A and 4A levels. It's going to be one of the better drafts in quite a while, that's for sure. At least the first 2 rounds.

Bullaholic
06-09-2009, 03:28 PM
The Brownwood folks have been telling us about the interest in Shelby Miller. If he does truly have a 98mph fastball and all the rest in his repitoire--the MLB scouts have got to be calling.

SHSBulldog00
06-09-2009, 03:45 PM
All reports show Shelby Miller going to the Texas Rangers.....We'll see if that is what happens.

hollywood
06-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The Brownwood folks have been telling us about the interest in Shelby Miller. If he does truly have a 98mph fastball and all the rest in his repitoire--the MLB scouts have got to be calling.
The kid can flat out hum the ball. I had the opp. to see him pitch 3 times. It's true, at least 20 pro scouts at each of the games I attended. His fast ball has great potential to hit 100mph with pro development and maturity. Apparently he struggled with mono before last weeks game with Andrews and his performance was evident of it.

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The Brownwood folks have been telling us about the interest in Shelby Miller. If he does truly have a 98mph fastball and all the rest in his repitoire--the MLB scouts have got to be calling. He's projected to go #14 to the Texas Rangers.

hollywood
06-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
He's projected to go #14 to the Texas Rangers.
Just heard on MLB network that he's now moved up to #9 with the Detroit Tigers. We'll see how it all plays out in about an hour.

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Just heard on MLB network that he's now moved up to #9 with the Detroit Tigers. We'll see how it all plays out in about an hour. Wow, I wouldn't mind that. I like the Tigers, mainly because of Miguel Cabrera. :)

ccmom
06-09-2009, 04:19 PM
I can't find where it is going to be televised. Can one of you kind souls tell me which channel?

Emerson1
06-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I would think the only channel it could possibly be on is the MLB Network. No network like ESPN is going to cover such a boring event.

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Yea, I think MLB network is carrying it, but I'm gonna watch the first few picks online at MLB.com. I'm just interested in the top picks and who the Astros and Rangers get.

ccmom
06-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Thank you

Originally posted by TexasHSFB
Yea, I think MLB network is carrying it, but I'm gonna watch the first few picks online at MLB.com. I'm just interested in the top picks and who the Astros and Rangers get.

Maroon87
06-09-2009, 04:48 PM
I wonder if any from the Calallen or Moody teams that are ranked nationally are expected to be drafted?

I would think Jordan John from Calallen would get some interest. He's already committed to OU but is going to have to have Tommy John surgery soon due to tearing an ulnar collateral ligament in Calallen's game 2 win over Moody last Friday.:(

I know he'll be back though...Tommy John surgery is often a blessing in disguise for pitchers.

hollywood
06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Yep, the first round will be live on MLB network, then it switches to the online feed. The top 20 should be real interesting. Can you believe that there are like 50+ rounds of the draft?