PDA

View Full Version : Outside Opinions on 3ADL?

Bullaholic
06-09-2009, 11:38 AM
What do you hear from non-posters/members about the 3ADL? Many tell me that they read many posts every day. I wonder what the coaching community, sports media people, and other forums think about us as far as being informative, humorous, and credible.

pirate4state
06-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Biggest complaint: Not enough sports talk :confused: I think we do an okay job. Maybe they are just annoyed that we are easily distracted and hijack threads. :thinking:

Best compliment (for lack of a better word): They think a lot of the regulars are very entertaining and even get a kick out of some of the :stirpot: that goes on.

garciap77
06-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Biggest complaint: Not enough sports talk :confused: I think we do an okay job. Maybe they are just annoyed that we are easily distracted and hijack threads. :thinking:

Best compliment (for lack of a better word): They think a lot of the regulars are very entertaining and even get a kick out of some of the :stirpot: that goes on.

Really!!!:D

;)

Electus Unus
06-09-2009, 12:02 PM

Best compliment (for lack of a better word): They think a lot of the regulars are very entertaining and even get a kick out of some of the :stirpot: that goes on. Well poop!

waterboy
06-09-2009, 12:19 PM

Just come out and say it! Celina sucks!:D :taunt:

Or.........the only thing that keeps Sweetwater from floating away to Central Texas is the fact that Snyder sucks!:D :taunt:

Or..........does Brownwood actually have a football team?:doh: :taunt:

:stirpot: :taunt:

:1popcorn:

garciap77
06-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

Or.........the only thing that keeps Sweetwater from floating away to Central Texas is the fact that Snyder sucks!:D :taunt:

What the ................!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/fire.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

waterboy
06-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
What the ................!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/fire.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)
Hey! I didn't say all that! I just read it between the lines!:D

:thinking: Maybe I misinterpreted! Sorry!:doh: :D

turbostud
06-09-2009, 12:45 PM

A few years ago it was Burnet, Jasper, and W-OS that took all the shots. Those 4a drop downs usually take the most crap.

OldBison75
06-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Alot of my area reads the Downlow regularly and I know several of the coaching staff read and post. What I hear is that there are some posters that they just ignore, some they love to hear opinions from and some that they think try to snowball the opposing team with mis-information. However, all think it is entertaining. One local poster says that he spends more time reading this than watching television. He says he has been married too long to enjoy spending too much time with the wife, is too ugly to have an affair, and can laugh and enjoy the insanity with a beer in his hands and not worry about the cops trying to give him a DWI when he decides he has had enough. Not a bad outlook.

TexasHSFB
06-09-2009, 12:49 PM
I know pretty much all the coaches around here atleast read to hear what the people have to say about their squad. Now, i know that they don;t really take what we say to heart, but I guess they like to know regular peoples' opinion on how well their school is performing.... and they just like general sports talk.

Ranger Mom
06-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I met a fellow poster at the State Track meet, who is a coach. Along with him, I met a coach who reads but doesn't have a user name.

They both told me they love this site and that it is loaded with useful information.

There wasn't a single complaint about all the nonsense that goes on here....just a compliment on how well it is run and maintained!!

Pick6
06-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
A few years ago it was Burnet, Jasper, and W-OS that took all the shots. Those 4a drop downs usually take the most crap.

Not all drop downs get the most shots fired at them. Just the one's who under estimate 3A football. It just happens that the last two were Brownwood and WOS.

Old Green
06-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I met a fellow poster at the State Track meet, who is a coach. Along with him, I met a coach who reads but doesn't have a user name.

They both told me they love this site and that it is loaded with useful information.

There wasn't a single complaint about all the nonsense that goes on here....just a compliment on how well it is run and maintained!! Same Here. I've met a lot of people who read or post on the 3aDL while attending different games and events. Most are positvie in their thoughts and enjoy it for the information and some like the social atmosphere exhibited by the 3aDL faithful. They find it very entertaining.

44INAROW
06-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Same Here. I've met a lot of people who read or post on the 3aDL while attending different games and events. Most are positvie in their thoughts and enjoy it for the information and some like the social atmosphere exhibited by the 3aDL faithful. They find it very entertaining.
I agree and there are coaches who read - they just won't "admit it" :p

Old Green
06-09-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I agree and there are coaches who read - they just won't "admit it" :p :thumbsup:

jason
06-09-2009, 01:43 PM
when i mention the 3adl my girlfriend just rolls her eyes.....

Ranger Mom
06-09-2009, 01:45 PM

And when you go up to them in person in and introduce yourself, they act like they have no idea who you are or what the 3adownlow is.

Speaking of Black Magic....it has been close to month since he last posted!!:p

pirate4state
06-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I agree and there are coaches who read - they just won't "admit it" :p and some that post and won't admit it! :devil: :D

you know who you are!

Ranger Mom
06-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by jason
when i mention the 3adl my girlfriend just rolls her eyes.....

When we are at the State Track meet, JR2004 came and sat behind us. P4S introduced us and Ashton asked him if was on the those "downlosers" like me and Rita are!!

;)

pirate4state
06-09-2009, 01:51 PM
When we are at the State Track meet, JR2004 came and sat behind us. P4S introduced us and Ashton asked him if was on the those "downlosers" like me and Rita are!!

;)

You just realize you referred to me by my poster name & my real name. Loser :p :inlove:

waterboy
06-09-2009, 01:51 PM
And when you go up to them in person in and introduce yourself, they act like they have no idea who you are or what the 3adownlow is.

Maybe he was too embarassed to come back. He should've just acknowledged you at the very least! Maybe he was too good to hang out, or converse, with the likes of you!:thinking: I might've done the same thing if I saw a redneck, head-banging, woman like you for the first time, too.:doh:

Not really.......:inlove:

Ranger Mom
06-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Maybe he was too embarassed to come back. He should've just acknowledged you at the very least! Maybe he was too good to hang out, or converse, with the likes of you!:thinking: I might've done the same thing if I saw a redneck, head-banging, woman like you for the first time, too.:doh:

Not really.......:inlove:

I was referring to when LHPM introduced herself to him....lol!!

I have seen him on many occasions, just never said anything to him.

Ranger Mom
06-09-2009, 01:56 PM
You just realize you referred to me by my poster name & my real name. Loser :p :inlove:

I guess I should have used my quotations better....she actually said, "are you one of those downlosers like mom and Rita are??"

pirate4state
06-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I guess I should have used my quotations better....she actually said, "are you one of those downlosers like mom and Rita are??" That little booger. :D She was especially FIESTY on Saturday. LOL

Ranger Mom
06-09-2009, 02:08 PM
That little booger. :D She was especially FIESTY on Saturday. LOL

Yes she was....I guess she had to make up for feeling bad on Friday!!!

sinton66
06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I guess I should have used my quotations better....she actually said, "are you one of those downlosers like mom and Rita are??"

"Oh NO she didn't........{wagging finger}..!":D

44INAROW
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM

ROFL.. nice lead-in RM :clap:

Ranger Mom
06-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
"Oh NO she didn't........{wagging finger}..!":D

Yes...she did!!

Which...is kind of ironic considering she signed in and posted on her birthday thread....and also even chatted a little that night!!!!:eek: :eek:

zebrablue2
06-09-2009, 05:03 PM

There wasn't a single complaint about all the nonsense that goes on here....just a compliment on how well it is run and maintained!!

:clap::2thumbsup

LH Panther Mom
06-09-2009, 05:03 PM

:mad: Yeah...what game that's being played today can we talk about? :doh:

That reminds me! :devil:

garciap77
06-09-2009, 07:51 PM

:thinking:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg53/detroit8990/BlackMagic.jpg

:D