PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Worth area apartments?

STANG RED
06-09-2009, 08:48 AM
I have a co-worker who's daughter is going to work for Cook Hospital, but knows nothing about the area. I being the resident Texan in the company, am being asked where she should look for housing. I havent got a clue. Do any of you have any suggestions on apartments in decent areas that wouldnt be too bad of a commute for her?

IrishTex
06-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Red,

I know of some very nice apartments off Hwy 360 in Arlington/Ft. Worth there, and it's not far from the American Airlines HQ.

Rent starts out at 600.00 per month. A person can walk down to the Trinity Railway Express annd catch the train to go into Dallas and the Medical Market Center. Train is cheap. I pay 55.00 per year. I save gas and depreciation on my truck.

The area is very nice and feels upscale, but it's the best kept secret in the metroplex in my opinion.

Bullaholic
06-09-2009, 09:02 AM
A few years ago my son had a nice apartment in the City View area of Ft. Worth. That's around Hulen Blvd and Bryant Irvin. Lots of young folks out there as well as the old rich ones.

bevodidit
06-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I second Bull's suggestion. Cityview/South Hulen. Easy commute into FTW hospital district.

wildstangs
06-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Benbrook has a cluster of decent apartments. Very close to I20, I30, and Hulen.

Matthew328
06-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Cityview is nice. Ironically the cheapest apartments which are still really nice are in Lake Worth...I lived in Summit on the Lake in a 1 bedroom and paid 525 rent. Vistas of Lake Worth are also nice...Fossil Creek area has some nice apartments but they are a little more pricey probably in the 800-900$ range.

IrishTex
06-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Cityview is nice. Ironically the cheapest apartments which are still really nice are in Lake Worth...I lived in Summit on the Lake in a 1 bedroom and paid 525 rent. Vistas of Lake Worth are also nice...Fossil Creek area has some nice apartments but they are a little more pricey probably in the 800-900$ range.

Lake Worth is nice if you don't have to go any farther west. Jacksboro Hwy is such a beating.

waterboy
06-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Why not buy a house and get a return on the investment? I know it takes a while to close, but at least you'll get something in return when, or if, she decides to move somewhere else.:nerd:

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Why not buy a house and get a return on the investment? I know it takes a while to close, but at least you'll get something in return when, or if, she decides to move somewhere else.:nerd: in an effort to further promote Lake Worth, something i rarely do anymore...an investment in a home in Lake Worth will soon be sky-rocketing value, even despite the current economy. about a year and a half ago there was a barnet-shale deposit discovered under the lake in Lake Worth that is worth almost a billion dollars. 117M of that money, once it has been obtained has been earmarked to improve the lake and the lake area. The idea (which was stated in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in and article pertaining this this very subject) is to create a world-class park, similar to that of Lincoln Park in Chicago, or Central Park in New York. This means that once the project is completed the value of the homes/property in the area will increase substantially. It's a commonly known fact that a park and things similar increase the market value due to it making the area nicer all around and gives it a face lift. With that, NOW is the time to get into that market and buy it while the prices are relatively inexpensive compared to what they will be in a few years down the road after the completion of the above mentioned project.

STANG RED
06-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Why not buy a house and get a return on the investment? I know it takes a while to close, but at least you'll get something in return when, or if, she decides to move somewhere else.:nerd:

She already made that mistake once. She still owns a house in Lincoln Nebraska she cant get rid of without taking a huge lose. Like many, she bought when they were loaning 100% to anyone who would ask, but is now stuck with a house she is way upside down on. At least she has a good renter for the time being. It's a buyers market right now, which is great if you know your going to stay in an area for a long time. But if it could possibly be short term, the housing market may still be as bad for sellers a year from now. Ordinarily I would agree with you, but under her circumstances and the way things are now, buying might be the worst thing she could do now.

waterboy
06-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I sure wish I would've gotten into the market over in Frisco, The Colony, or any of those other towns over that way about 15-20 years ago. I would be a millionaire by now............but, I digress. I'm okay with being a thousandaire, for now.:( :D

DU_stud04
06-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Red,

I know of some very nice apartments off Hwy 360 in Arlington/Ft. Worth there, and it's not far from the American Airlines HQ.

Rent starts out at 600.00 per month. A person can walk down to the Trinity Railway Express and catch the train to go into Dallas and the Medical Market Center. Train is cheap. I pay 55.00 per year. I save gas and depreciation on my truck.

The area is very nice and feels upscale, but it's the best kept secret in the metroplex in my opinion. area is very nice, i recently moved to the area and love it. one thing about the area though, is that it is undeveloped (not many food places, no grocery stores around...if you want anything you've gotta drive to euless, arlington, irving, bedford, or grand prairie). its a business district, people drive in to work and then back out. new places are popping up like crazy though in the area. its got the small town feel for me, which i like...and work is even closer, which i like even more. just gotta get used to the airplanes flying low over....(dfw airport is just an exit away)

not sure if its an area for someone new, thats alot of different citys to learn for a driver in a new area. i could always show her around though... :D

Matthew328
06-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Plus if she works at Cooks' driving from 360/183 area over would be a beating

IrishTex
06-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Plus if she works at Cooks' driving from 360/183 area over would be a beating

True, but if she took the train into Ft Worth, it might not be so bad.