PDA

View Full Version : Which Is More Important to the Team?

Bullaholic
06-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Which is more important to their team----a good pitcher who can throw heat plus all the pitches in the right places, or a good QB who has brains, an accurate cannon arm, and fast legs?

pirate4state
06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Bored, huh?

They are equally important.

Bullaholic
06-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Bored, huh?

They are equally important.

Thanks for your definitive post....that will spark a ton of discussion. :D

I bet I ain't the only one who's bored----What's in your wallet? :D

jason
06-08-2009, 11:08 AM
i think heart is the most important asset....

anybody who knows me knows i think my previous statement is a crock of cowpoo and any coach who wants to win would rather have athletes who can win than scrubs with 'heart' who couldnt beat 3rd graders...and if you discover this message you win a prize - the prize is a free t-shirt to be donated by bbde - it will be a texas longhorn football shirt

:D

pirate4state
06-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Thanks for your definitive post....that will spark a ton of discussion. :D

I bet I ain't the only one who's bored----What's in your wallet? :D

I was taking a break from writing some wills. Are your affairs in order? :D

Bullaholic
06-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by jason
i think heart is the most important asset....

anybody who knows me knows i think my previous statement is a crock of cowpoo and any coach who wants to win would rather have athletes who can win than scrubs with 'heart' who couldnt beat 3rd graders...and if you discover this message you win a prize - the prize is a free t-shirt to be donated by bbde - it will be a texas longhorn football shirt

LOL..Pretty neat "stealth" post, jason---the mods are just gonna love this in your hands. :D

Pick6
06-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Are your affairs in order? :D

Bull is having an affair. Sure hope P4S didn't just let the cat out of the bad.

I. B. Watching
06-08-2009, 11:15 AM
A good coach who recognizes what he has and gets them in the right spot:)

pirate4state
Originally posted by Pick6
Bull is having an affair. Sure hope P4S didn't just let the cat out of the bad. Very funny smart ass!

Bullaholic
I was taking a break from writing some wills. Are your affairs in order? :D

Are you threatning me? :D

pirate4state
06-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Are you threatning me? :D Do you feel threatened?

Is it me or does the word threatened look wrong?

Bullaholic
06-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Bull is having an affair. Sure hope P4S didn't just let the cat out of the bad.

My affairs have always been in order, Pick6. :D

Actually, I am a happily married soon-to-be 40-year marriage veteran and grandfather.

Bullaholic
06-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Do you feel threatened?

Is it me or does the word threatened look wrong?

No more than usual---a death threat from any other poster would be considered a "good morning" from you....:D :inlove

Looks right from here...

pirate4state
06-08-2009, 11:28 AM
No more than usual---a death threat from any other poster would be considered a "good morning" from you....:D :inlove

Looks right from here...

A death threat? Really?

wow

Bullaholic
06-08-2009, 11:37 AM
A death threat? Really?

wow

Oh, quit bing so innocent.....remember you are a "scorpion" woman. :D

pirate4state
06-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh, quit bing so innocent.....remember you are a "scorpion" woman. :D I love how the original question has been ignored! :inlove: :D

garciap77
06-08-2009, 11:54 AM

Looks right from here...

I believe pirate4state is one of the nicest ladies on the Downlow!:D

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Lion_Addict
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
I believe pirate4state is one of the nicest ladies on the Downlow!:D

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

:devil: :p

garciap77
06-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict

:devil: :p

She is a lady, Right?:D

;)

Lion_Addict
06-08-2009, 12:53 PM

;)

:eek: :eek: I was laughin at the "nice" comment....ohhhhh dude, you're gonna get it now! :1popcorn: :D

pirate4state
06-08-2009, 01:04 PM

;)

la·dy

NOUN:
pl. la·dies

1. A well-mannered and considerate woman with high standards of proper behavior. no
2. a. A woman regarded as proper and virtuous. uh....
2. b. A well-behaved young girl. I'm not young and I'm certainly not well-behaved
3. A woman who is the head of a household. yes
4. A woman, especially when spoken of or to in a polite way. hmmm
5. a. A woman to whom a man is romantically attached. bahahaha
5. b. Informal A wife. no, although i have been accused of being married, several times

6. Lady Chiefly British A general feminine title of nobility and other rank, specifically: N/A
1. Used as the title for the wife or widow of a knight or baronet.
2. Used as a form of address for a marchioness, countess, viscountess, baroness, or baronetess.
3. Used as a form of address for the wife or widow of a baron.
4. Used as a courtesy title for the daughter of a duke, a marquis, or an earl.
5. Used as a courtesy title for the wife of a younger son of a duke or marquis.
7. Lady The Virgin Mary. Usually used with Our. HAHA
8. Slang Cocaine. :eek: I hear it's a hell of a drug

;)

BuckeyeNut
06-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Which is more important to their team----a good pitcher who can throw heat plus all the pitches in the right places, or a good QB who has brains, an accurate cannon arm, and fast legs?

TO ANSWER THE QUESTION UNLIKE ANYONE ELSE.

QB IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THEIR TEAM FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT HE PLAYS EVERY GAME NOT EVERY 4-5.

pirate4state
06-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
TO ANSWER THE QUESTION UNLIKE ANYONE ELSE.

QB IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THEIR TEAM FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT HE PLAYS EVERY GAME NOT EVERY 4-5.

No need to YELL. I answered the question.

waterboy
06-08-2009, 02:21 PM
:thinking: How about:

The pitcher is the most important player in baseball, and the QB is the most important player in football.

Having to decide which is more important is like comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion.

Bullaholic
06-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:thinking: How about:

The pitcher is the most important player in baseball, and the QB is the most important player in football.

Having to decide which is more important is like comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion.

Which one can have the greatest effect on a game?

A pitcher can only keep the other team from scoring too much, unless he happens to be a good hitter, also. A QB does things to cause his team to outscore the opponent, but does nothing to keep the other team from scoring unless he tackles a defender on an INT return.

BTW---We're fresh out of apples-apples comparasions and I am down to "fruit salad" comparasions...:D

waterboy
06-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Which one can have the greatest effect on a game?

A pitcher can only keep the other team from scoring too much, unless he happens to be a good hitter, also. A QB does things to cause his team to outscore the opponent, but does nothing to keep the other team from scoring unless he tackles a defender on an INT return.

BTW---We're fresh out of apples-apples comparasions and I am down to "fruit salad" comparasions...:D
But...........I still say the pitcher will have the greatest impact in a baseball game, and a QB will have the greatest impact in a football game.........:thinking:

BuckeyeNut
06-08-2009, 02:50 PM
No need to YELL. I answered the question.

so sorry i always have it on :doh: :doh:

Farmersfan
06-08-2009, 03:08 PM
It's not even close. A pitcher is by far the most important. A team can win with a poor QB if they have great RB's or Receivers but a team will rarely win in baseball with a poor pitcher.

STANG RED
06-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
It's not even close. A pitcher is by far the most important. A team can win with a poor QB if they have great RB's or Receivers but a team will rarely win in baseball with a poor pitcher.

Agreed. A below average baseball team can win with a dominant pitcher, especially if he no hits the other team. All they have to do is produce 1 run. But the greatest QB in the world still has to have blocking, someone who can catch, and someone to hand the ball off to that can get the job done. Otherwise, he just spends most of his time getting lit up. Just look at THE WOOD last year. Had possibly the top QB in the state, but could only go 3-7. But with one of the best pitcher in the state, they went deep into the playoffs. Case closed!

Keith7
06-08-2009, 03:24 PM

I want to know what team you are referring to that has both a stud pitcher and stud qb?? If it is a football team, I would think the QB would be more valuable and if it is a baseball team, then I would lean towards the pitcher

Bullaholic
06-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I want to know what team you are referring to that has both a stud pitcher and stud qb?? If it is a football team, I would think the QB would be more valuable and if it is a baseball team, then I would lean towards the pitcher

No particular team being referenced. The question is--Is a good pitcher more valuable in terms of wins to a baseball team than a good QB is to a football team?

Keith7
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
No particular team being referenced. The question is--Is a good pitcher more valuable in terms of wins to a baseball team than a good QB is to a football team?

Oh ok you confused me by asking "Which is more important to THE TEAM"...

sinton66
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
In high school sports, it's not entirely uncommon for the stud QB and the stud pitcher to be one in the same.

frogbacker09
06-08-2009, 09:42 PM
a stud qb would be better because he can play every game where as a starting pitcher cannot start every game