PDA

View Full Version : Florida-v-So Miss

pirate4state
06-07-2009, 08:58 PM
So Miss trailing 1-6, and have now taken the lead in the bot of the 8th. :cheerl:

I :inlove: the underdog. GO SO MISS! :2thumbsup

Sweetwater Red
06-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Not to mention it is much more entertaining than game(yawn)2 of the NBA finals and also S. Miss is also two outs away from Omaha.

pirate4state
06-07-2009, 09:05 PM
true, Florida not done just yet ....

pirate4state
06-07-2009, 09:07 PM
woo hoo double play ... gotta love 'em

Good for Southern Miss! :thumbsup:

SintonPirateFan
06-08-2009, 08:00 AM
did anybody else think the Ump was trying to insure a Florida win....throwing out the SMU cleanup batter for running into the catcher??? i thought the catcher should have been the one thrown out for getting in his face after he tagged him out.

Sweetwater Red
06-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
did anybody else think the Ump was trying to insure a Florida win....throwing out the SMU cleanup batter for running into the catcher??? i thought the catcher should have been the one thrown out for getting in his face after he tagged him out.

The announcer said it was a good call. Apparently it is a no no for
the runner to lead with his fore arm head high to the catcher.

SintonPirateFan
06-08-2009, 09:18 AM
he wasnt head-high...he was aiming chest high...where the catcher was holding the ball.

and regardless of that, for the catcher to get in his face and taunt him, he should have been ejected too.

and the announcer started off saying it was a good call, then the play-by-play guy said he didn't see anything that was worthy of an ejection.

Sweetwater Red
06-08-2009, 09:23 AM
he wasnt head-high...he was aiming chest high...where the catcher was holding the ball.

and regardless of that, for the catcher to get in his face and taunt him, he should have been ejected too.

I only saw the replay once. Chest high or head high you can't try
to take out the catcher in college like you can in the pros. That's
what the announcer said anyway.

I'm not debating the catcher taunting the runner. He probably
should've been ejected too.

pirate4state
06-08-2009, 09:24 AM

and the announcer started off saying it was a good call, then the play-by-play guy said he didn't see anything that was worthy of an ejection.

I only saw the replay and watched it several times, it happened so fast that I couldn't really see what the big deal was. It wasn't until I actually listened to what they were saying that I even knew it was the RUNNER that was ejected! :eek: I thought they had ejected the catcher for taunting.