PDA

View Full Version : K-mac Sports

tigerfan09
06-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Are any state tournament games being broadcast online via K-MAC SPORTS?

Electus Unus
06-07-2009, 06:57 PM
depends on if one of the teams gives them a team press pass to do it(i think)

tigerfan09
06-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I was hoping to hear from Chuck on this...:)

sinton66
06-07-2009, 10:27 PM
I'd bet he's trying real hard.

I. B. Watching
06-08-2009, 07:00 AM
does the UIL control state event broadcasts?

Txbroadcaster
06-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
does the UIL control state event broadcasts?

yes..and no..can get complicated at times

I. B. Watching
06-08-2009, 11:14 AM
I'll bet it can get extremely complicated sometimes. I always wondered how that worked for state events

K-MAC Chuck
06-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Tigerfan09,
I'm honored that you would even think to ask about our organization doing a broadcast, let alone start a thread on this site about it!

Right now we have a couple of calls out, hope they get returned - I'll certainly keep you posted if we get a response.

As for "how this works" with UIL/State Baseball, this has been my experience - it's kinda simple (kinda not). Each team at state gets to designate ONE broadcast media outlet as its "home" broadcast crew. The coach of the team usually designates that role; usually it's the radio/online crew that's been working with the team all season (if such one exists). That crew then has the authority to show up and do a broadcast - in baseball/softball, the crew must pay a FEE, payable to UIL.

Now, if there's one or more broadcast media outlets, I'm not sure where that goes - whether its (a) they have to choose just one, or (b) more than one broadcast outlet can b-cast the game as long as everyone pays the UIL fee.

In our case - in the past we've been able to jump on board with a team that doesn't have a "regular" media outlet. We've talked to the coach, he/she has given us the authority to do the games, we work with the booster clubs and get the UIL fee covered, and we've broadcast the game. Unless we're authorized by a school's Booster Club AND received the blessing of said coach of said team, we don't pursue something like this.

Again, Tigerfan09, thanks for asking!

K-MAC Chuck
06-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
yes..and no..can get complicated at times

Hey Terry, good to hear from you..hope all is well!

tigerfan09
06-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Tigerfan09,
I'm honored that you would even think to ask about our organization doing a broadcast, let alone start a thread on this site about it!

Right now we have a couple of calls out, hope they get returned - I'll certainly keep you posted if we get a response.

As for "how this works" with UIL/State Baseball, this has been my experience - it's kinda simple (kinda not). Each team at state gets to designate ONE broadcast media outlet as its "home" broadcast crew. The coach of the team usually designates that role; usually it's the radio/online crew that's been working with the team all season (if such one exists). That crew then has the authority to show up and do a broadcast - in baseball/softball, the crew must pay a FEE, payable to UIL.

Now, if there's one or more broadcast media outlets, I'm not sure where that goes - whether its (a) they have to choose just one, or (b) more than one broadcast outlet can b-cast the game as long as everyone pays the UIL fee.

In our case - in the past we've been able to jump on board with a team that doesn't have a "regular" media outlet. We've talked to the coach, he/she has given us the authority to do the games, we work with the booster clubs and get the UIL fee covered, and we've broadcast the game. Unless we're authorized by a school's Booster Club AND received the blessing of said coach of said team, we don't pursue something like this.

Chuck,

I enjoy listening to the K-MAC Sports broadcasts via the internet, as I am sure many other folks do. It is a way for baseball fans like myself to catch the action when they are unable to make the trip for a game. Have you checked into what Giddings is doing? I don't believe they have a broadcast outlet there...I don't believe they have a radio station there...

coxjj
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Tigerfan09,

Chuck,

Gotta admit, even though I was on the Needville side, I did enjoy listening to the replays afterwards, despite the fact that you were the "Sweeny" broadcasters. I had trouble listening to the streaming audio and called your tech support and he bent over backwards to get it to work (something missing on my computer as it turned out). He even found an alternate way for me to download it so I could listen (gotta get back to him to try to get game 3). Anyways, nice job on the broadcasts.

Txbroadcaster
06-08-2009, 09:31 PM

If there is room and you can pay you can broadcast with permission

LH Panther Mom
06-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Have you checked into what Giddings is doing? I don't believe they have a broadcast outlet there...I don't believe they have a radio station there...
I wonder if they'll have the LG crew do it. :thinking: