06-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I may need a defibrilator, Phil...:D

Trashman
06-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
TOUR DE FRANCE TIME!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Until then Phil, check this out........

NANTES, France (Reuters) – Close to 200 prisoners will cycle around France next month, watched by scores of guards on bicycles, in the first penal version of the Tour de France, authorities said Monday.

The 196 prisoners will cycle in a pack and breakaway sprints will not be allowed. They will be accompanied by 124 guards and prison sports instructors. There will be no ranking, the idea being to foster values like teamwork and effort.

“It’s a kind of escape for us, a chance to break away from the daily reality of prison,” said Daniel, a 48-year-old prisoner in the western city of Nantes, at the official launch of the event. His last name was not given.

“If we behave well, we might be able to get released earlier, on probation,” he told reporters.

The prisoners’ Tour de France will take them 2,300 km (1,400 miles) around the country, starting in the northern city of Lille on June 4 and stopping in 17 towns, each of which has a prison. However, participants will sleep in hotels.

garciap77
06-08-2009, 08:32 AM
TOUR DE FRANCE TIME!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Can you post some pictures?

waterboy
06-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Phil, I admire the French people. I have an Aunt and three female cousins that are French citizens. Actually, at last count I think I have eight cousins now.;)

Phil C
06-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Can you post some pictures?

I think so garciap77!

Phil C
06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Phil, I admire the French people. I have an Aunt and three female cousins that are French citizens. Actually, at last count I think I have eight cousins now.;)

waterboy the great scientist Lous Pastear discovered several medical breakthroughs and one of the most important was the vacine for rabies which saved many lives.
Also the great San Antonio NBA player Tony Parker is from France and he help the Spur win several championships and was the Most Valuable Finals Player once.

pirate4state
06-08-2009, 02:18 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

waterboy
06-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Phil, I also admire Louis Pasteur's work. He was a great man who made many outstanding contributions to humankind........one of which is the "pasteurization of milk".:clap: :clap:

Phil C
06-08-2009, 02:20 PM
The best way to enjoy the Tour de France on tv is to set the Versus channel and record it live then watch it that evening.
This events allows you to also see the countryside of France and other countries as well as enjoy this great event.
And the great thing is that the mods will probably have a severate thread for this at the top of the page for updates and comments on this fantastic event.

Phil C
06-08-2009, 02:22 PM
As you know as college baseball and the state championships close we are all anxious for football to start in August. The Tour de France helps us get through the month of July as we wait for the next football season. Very nice indeed! Plus it is edge of the seat excitement expecially if Lance rides.

waterboy
06-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Phil, you might want to put that in the suggestion box. I don't think they'll put it in a "sticky", though.:doh:

Bullaholic
06-08-2009, 02:35 PM
As you know as college baseball and the state championships close we are all anxious for football to start in August. The Tour de France helps us get through the month of July as we wait for the next football season. Very nice indeed! Plus it is edge of the seat excitement expecially if Lance rides.

Yes indeed, Phil---the Tour action is right up there with the excitement of a chess tournament.....

waterboy
06-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Yes indeed, Bullaholic. It does rank up there with chess as an exciting edge-of-the-seat thrilling event! They should have special holidays for the entire time that the "Tour de France" is going on so that we can all get paid while we sit at home and watch the event unfold!

Phil C
06-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yes indeed, Bullaholic. It does rank up there with chess as an exciting edge-of-the-seat thrilling event! They should have special holidays for the entire time that the "Tour de France" is going on so that we can all get paid while we sit at home and watch the event unfold!

Indeed!