PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Fans

wildstangs
06-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Who was the girls basketball coach/girls coordinator at SHS? I guess I haven't kept up with girls basketball since Coach Carmichael was the head coach.

Sweetwater Red
06-07-2009, 02:38 PM
I haven't a clue. GetRDoneStangs might know.

GetRDoneStangs
06-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I think it was Qualls......didn't make it long after this years "disastrous" season.

The absolute worse coach we have ever had....PERIOD!!!

I hope the program will recover after his crap...most anyone from District 2 will agree, "What the **ll is going on here??"

He did not know the difference between "Here "...and.."Sic em"...I pity the school he is at now.

wildstangs
06-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I think he used to be a coach at Merkel.

GetRDoneStangs
06-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I think he used to be a coach at Merkel.

Their program is for the better as well!!!:clap: :clap:

Sweetwater Red
06-07-2009, 05:22 PM
He wasn't one of those coaches that were involved in that scandel involving female studens there in Merkel was he?

GetRDoneStangs
06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
He wasn't one of those coaches that were involved in that scandel involving female studens there in Merkel was he?

Not sure....:thinking: :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
06-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm on my phone. So it we be real hard look up old stories in the ARN. But something happened and apparently there were adults involved that tried to sweep it under the rug. That's if I remember it right.

BEAST
06-07-2009, 05:39 PM
If my sources are correct, y'all may be getting a real good girls coach. One of your own as a matter of fact. She even won a national title playing at Tech.

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
06-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Cool. I hope your sources are dead on.

STANG RED
06-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
If my sources are correct, y'all may be getting a real good girls coach. One of your own as a matter of fact. She even won a national title playing at Tech. BEAST

I sure hope your right. I think I know who your talking about, and your right, she would be a great one to get. Cant call her name off the top of my head though.
Unfortunatly girls sports have often been little more than afterthought at Sweetwater. I'm hoping that will change some day. We will see. Till now it seems Title 9 has been viewed more as a distraction than anything. Not really sure how they manage to get away with it. But I know it's the same in many other schools as well.

wildstangs
06-07-2009, 06:01 PM
No, that was the boys basketball coach and a couple of others that were involved in that deal.

Nicki Heath is the name of the former SHS player that won @ Tech. She has coached @ several schools. If I recall, she resigned from her last one recently. :thinking:

GetRDoneStangs
06-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Nickie would be a great fit...I also heard the Clyde coach may come over as well?????

Nickie was lots of fun to watch on the court, I know she was very popular in Sterling City....she played ball with some of the guys that worked at the gas plants in that area......

She more than held her own from from they told me!!:D :D

Sweetwater Red
06-07-2009, 06:14 PM
It's funny. I can reply. But I can't quote posts.

Anyway she was just recently elected to the Big Country Hall Of Fame.

Sweetwater Red
06-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Btw...it's Nikki isn't it.:thinking:

GetRDoneStangs
06-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Btw...it's Nikki isn't it.:thinking:

Yea...maybe so.....are you the new spell checker????

:D :D

JK!!!!

Whoever it is..I will call him/her "Coach"

Sweetwater Red
06-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Funny guy huh?:D

Do a google search of Nikki Heath. You'll see that coaching might not be her top priority professionally.:thinking:

Ex-Tiger2005
06-08-2009, 01:05 PM
are they planning on keeping coach herrera?

GetRDoneStangs
06-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
are they planning on keeping coach herrera?

Yes, as far as I have heard.

garciap77
06-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Funny guy huh?:D

Do a google search of Nikki Heath. You'll see that coaching might not be her top priority professionally.:thinking:

I did for Sweetwater Red and ...............

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/sweetwater.gif

;)