PDA

View Full Version : Some score catchups...

Old Cardinal
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Well Carthage beat Spring Hill 4-3 in final Region III 3A baseball.

Carthage is a worthy opponent and will represent well.

Also, Nederland beat a good Brenham team in the second game 8-6....Deciding 4A game for Region III is starting....

lulu
06-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Well Carthage beat Spring Hill 4-3 in final Region III 3A baseball.

Carthage is a worthy opponent and will represent well.

Also, Nederland beat a good Brenham team in the second game 8-6....Deciding 4A game for Region III is starting....

Was a great series. I reported on another thread but no one picked up on it. Did not want to start a new thread since most of the folks here are not from up this way. Boys did a tremendous job and so did Carthage. Both teams are a great bunch of kids and after THEY celebrated and WE cried the two teams actually visited to together on the field for quite some time. Carthage guys even came over to our dugout to visit with some of their summer baseball friends. Both teams were telling one another what a great job they had done. A lot of respect shown both ways. It was very heart warming. Gracious loosers and humble winners. Works everytime. and yes they did shake hands and I am proud to say Spring Hill was first in line.

Great game....great sportsmanship.

LH Panther Mom
06-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Was a great series. I reported on another thread but no one picked up on it. Did not want to start a new thread since most of the folks here are not from up this way. Boys did a tremendous job and so did Carthage. Both teams are a great bunch of kids and after THEY celebrated and WE cried the two teams actually visited to together on the field for quite some time. Carthage guys even came over to our dugout to visit with some of their summer baseball friends. Both teams were telling one another what a great job they had done. A lot of respect shown both ways. It was very heart warming. Gracious loosers and humble winners. Works everytime. and yes they did shake hands and I am proud to say Spring Hill was first in line.

It sounds like your kids had a great season! :clap:

etbu
06-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by lulu

Classy programs to say the least.