PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Giddings

sinton66
06-06-2009, 06:29 PM
On winning the Region 4 title, now go take Austin by STORM!!!!

PutMeInCoach
06-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Great job Giddings! Best of luck at State.

SHSBulldog00
06-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Great job Buffs; Bring home another state title for Region 4.

Old Cardinal
06-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Boy that District 25 has a host of hausses!

I think it will between Carthage and Giddings for the Title.

KingRob
06-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Congrats Buffs!:clap:

sinton66
06-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Boy that District 25 has a host of hausses!

I think it will between Carthage and Giddings for the Title.

I don't think it's going to matter who Giddings plays. ;)

44INAROW
06-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Congrats to the Buffs....... Good Luck in Austin :clap:

Phil C
06-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Way to go Giddings. Win State. It will say much for Sinton to have had the State Champions in baseball be the team that stopped them in close games. It can already be said for our softball team.

nette_mom
06-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Just wanted to congratulate the Giddings Buffaloes on a great season and playoff run! This is an outstanding group of young men who love the game of baseball. They are solid at all positions and can drive the ball in any situation. Take State and make us proud.

1st and goal
06-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

I hope Carthage's baseball team isn't as good as their football team was....

Anyway, congrats Buffs! Awesome job, keep it up. This is your chance to avenge your alma mater to Carthage.

Bull's-eye
06-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Congratulations Giddings!! Go win state!

The Buffs definitely showed who was the better team. Their strong hitting throughout their line-up was what separated them from the Bellville team. Give their pitcher credit for working through a rough 4th inning (thought he was finished) and to regain his composure & complete the game. The Giddings catcher was outstanding and blocked several balls in the dirt.

Great year for the Brahmas! IMO, a team that overachieved & acceeded everybody's expectations. Didn't quite have the sticks, but managed to play for the R4 championship. Bellville should be very proud of this team and their coaching staff.

tigerfan09
06-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I am hoping to see Giddings and Carthage in the 3A final...that would be quite a game.

tigerfan09
06-06-2009, 11:08 PM
By the way, I was in the stands this afternoon with the Bellville fans, and I have to say that Bellville showed a lot of class throughout and following the game. I didn't hear one Bellville fan moaning and groaning about the officiating, etc. I had fun following you guys this season. Best of luck to all of you.

Let's all now get behind Giddings and cheer on Region IV to the 3A title this year!

Bull's-eye
06-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
By the way, I was in the stands this afternoon with the Bellville fans, and I have to say that Bellville showed a lot of class throughout and following the game. I didn't hear one Bellville fan moaning and groaning about the officiating, etc. I had fun following you guys this season. Best of luck to all of you.

Let's all now get behind Giddings and cheer on Region IV to the 3A title this year!

Good post tiger09! Where did you sit? Should of said something, we could of talked some baseball. Officiating was outstanding in this series, must of had one of the top crews.

I was looking for Buff4ever, my friend wanted to meet you. I guess I'll see you during football season. Good luck to you guys!!

buff4ever
06-06-2009, 11:42 PM
It was very exciting for our town, I hope the boys keep it going. Bellville was a great bunch of boys; and a few rounds ago when it looked possible for these two teams to meet in the regional finals, I have to say I was worried. Every game with bellville feels like an eternity.

I couldn't find you bullseye. I wandered yalls way a few times but didn't see you.

Buffgal
06-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Great games Bellville, you always give us a battle. Good luck to all the seniors on the team.

and now to the Buffs.........YOU MADE IT.

Now, it's all just icing on the cake. Relax and have some fun and even greater things will happen.

I wouldn't have missed one inning of these kids playing ball for the last 10 or so years but, sometimes, I can hardly stand to watch. Lots of drama in the second game but Giddings just doesn't quit and they play as a team.

Great job by Kmoch to regain his composure and pitch the entire game in the 102 degree heat. He can sure get himself into some jams but he has shown great heart and determination and dug deep to pitch himself out of those innings.

And Mr. Catcher #6 on that hit and run, strike out and then the throw down to second. I am so glad you got your momma's arm.:inlove: && I looked at T-Y's lip. He still has all of his teeth and the swollen lip didn't hurt his looks. He'll be ready for his closeups in Austin.;)

Pitch by Pitch. Buffs Find a Way to Win.

tigerfan09
06-06-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Good post tiger09! Where did you sit? Should of said something, we could of talked some baseball. Officiating was outstanding in this series, must of had one of the top crews.

I was looking for Buff4ever, my friend wanted to meet you. I guess I'll see you during football season. Good luck to you guys!!

I was sitting behind the Brahma dugout on the top row of the lower deck near the restrooms. I think I was sitting behind some family members of Hackemack's...the girl was a volleyball player from Pearland...she was on crutches and she told me she had broken both of her feet...

K-MAC Chuck
06-07-2009, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
By the way, I was in the stands this afternoon with the Bellville fans,!

Dude! We were broadcasting on the 3rd base side - you shoulda come up to say hello!

bvillebrahma010
06-07-2009, 12:14 AM
hey buff4ever. do you by chance have like 4 or 5 giddings baseball shirts you can let some of us bellville guys wear to the state tourney?? a few of us guys wanna go be some brahmaloes. haha!! we were gonna wear a giddings shirt and our bellville hats. but we need some giddings shirts first! i can come to giddings and get them one day this week, just as soon as i find out who all is going and how many! you guys supported us through wharton, cuero, sweeny, and robstown, so we are gonna make the trip to austin to hoop and holler and help yall to get that huge ring around the finger!! PM me on anything you got...

j_dog
06-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
I think it may make a difference who they play. In my opinion, this Carthage team well might be far stronger than the Jasper team that won state in 07. They are a senior dominated team that makes very few mistakes.

Good luck to all the teams! :)

tigerfan09
06-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Dude! We were broadcasting on the 3rd base side - you shoulda come up to say hello!

Yeah, I talked to Reese before the game, and I let he and your technician there know that I am tigerfan09. He told me to come back during the game to visit with you guys, but I didn't want to interrupt your broadcast, etc. I was sitting about 1 section down from you guys (closer to the Bellville dugout) on the same row.