PDA

View Full Version : Celina Bobcats

Titans
09-20-2002, 11:01 AM
AM I the only person in the state of Texas who believes the Celina Bobcats are WAAAYYY overrated?

To have them rated above Commerce and Forney just shocks me.

Prime example why I hate the polls. I hate them, but I still look at them...go figure!

[This message has been edited by Titans (edited September 20, 2002).]

Titans
09-20-2002, 11:02 AM
Sorry for that!

BigRedfan
09-20-2002, 11:58 AM
I think part of the rating has to do with the fact of their long winning streak and also the fact they have won 4 state championships. Let us just wait and see what happens when they lose a game if that ever happens.

VWG
09-20-2002, 12:19 PM
I agree, polls are over-rated.
Has Celina played anybody to gauge what type of team they "really" have?
I know they destroyed Sanger, but Sanger is mediocre at best.

The One
09-20-2002, 02:23 PM
I bet they knock off Gainesville in that district.

Jacket2000
09-20-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Titans:
AM I the only person in the state of Texas who believes the Celina Bobcats are WAAAYYY overrated?

To have them rated above Commerce and Forney just shocks me.

Prime example why I hate the polls. I hate them, but I still look at them...go figure!

59 consecutive wins and 4 rings speaks volumes. They're not gonna lay down and die just b/c there's an extra "A" now. Besides, they've beating 3a teams in non-district for years.
J2K

IveyOldschool02
09-20-2002, 10:05 PM
Could they beat Newton or Jasper?
Sealy in their Prime?
La Grange with Tye Gunn?
Giddings Last Year?
Commerce or Evermen?
What about Sinton?
I dont think so.

The One
09-21-2002, 12:00 AM
Anything is possible and when you have a winning tradition like they do Luck is usually on your side.

celinaorange
09-21-2002, 12:03 AM
regardless of who we have played....the fact remains that after tonight the Celina Bobcats have won 60 straight games..that alone says something as no other team in the state has done that...........I don't care what level or what teams you are playing, to win 60 straight high school football games in the state of Texas is worthy of recognition and ranking, and the Bobcats deserve their ranking until someone knocks then off (which will happen sooner or later (preferably much much later),

spaniard
09-21-2002, 12:07 AM
celinaorange is right, until proven unworthy of their ranking, they are in the right place. if they are able to dominate when they are a 3a team like they did when they were a 2a team, then more power to em. i know a lot of people want to see them lose, but its bound to happen soon since they are in 3a play. but till then, good job celina.