PDA

View Full Version : Battle Of Top 2 Nationally

sinfan75
06-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Calallen wins game 2 of series 6-2.

DDBooger
06-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Our Ace may have hurt his arm pretty good, but we pulled it out! This is a great series

sinfan75
06-05-2009, 08:54 PM
Calallen lost there top pitcher to an injury in the 3rd I believe. Happened after Moody's 2nd out. Hopefully for him it's not serious.

DDBooger
06-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Calallen lost there top pitcher to an injury in the 3rd I believe. Happened after Moody's 2nd out. Hopefully for him it's not serious. He was mowing em down! He's committed to OU, but may bypass that, he's garnering a lot of attention from some pro teams.

sinfan75
06-05-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey Booger was that their #3 pitcher or a regular reliever? Seems like he pitched pretty good after Moody scored them 2 runs.

DDBooger
06-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Hey Booger was that their #3 pitcher or a regular reliever? Seems like he pitched pretty good after Moody scored them 2 runs. Guinn is number 3 man, but Hoelscher can be as well. If it was stiffness with John, he may rest up and go tomorrow, but if it is something a little worse, I'm sure Chapman will sit him down for the series. We aren't having any trouble making contact with their pitchers. Tomorrow may be a slugfest

VWG
06-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Guinn is number 3 man, but Hoelscher can be as well. If it was stiffness with John, he may rest up and go tomorrow, but if it is something a little worse, I'm sure Chapman will sit him down for the series. We aren't having any trouble making contact with their pitchers. Tomorrow may be a slugfest

Stiffness? Rest up and go tomorrow? No offense, but if the guy is your ace and he's probably thrown several innings this season.... shouldn't you be more cautious???
Stiffness can be tendinitis or something more of a concern. Sounds like R&R is the best scenario.

sinfan75
06-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Stiffness? Rest up and go tomorrow? No offense, but if the guy is your ace and he's probably thrown several innings this season.... shouldn't you be more cautious???
Stiffness can be tendinitis or something more of a concern. Sounds like R&R is the best scenario. Who said it was his arm? Coulda stung a ham or his back. Just have to wait and see.

DDBooger
06-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Stiffness can be tendinitis or something more of a concern. Sounds like R&R is the best scenario. I'm not the coach, and likely what will happen, I doubt he pitches again this season if it is anything worse than stiffness

DDBooger
06-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Who said it was his arm? Coulda stung a ham or his back. Just have to wait and see. True, we'll know more later, he's a poster on texaaaasports lol

SintonFan
06-05-2009, 09:18 PM
Calallen wins game 2 of series 6-2.
Good Job CalCats!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Tomorrow morning will be electric. What was the attendance tonight?

DDBooger
06-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Good Job CalCats!:clap: :clap: :clap:
Tomorrow morning will be electric. What was the attendance tonight? 8,300, heard the seating situation was bad. Lots of tempers with certain groups of fans not able to sit on the other side etc. They were allowing people to buy 80+ tickets and people saving them. STUPID. The tickets tomorrow are reserve

SintonFan
06-05-2009, 09:22 PM
8,300, heard the seating situation was bad. Lots of tempers with certain groups of fans not able to sit on the other side etc. They were allowing people to buy 80+ tickets and people saving them. STUPID. The tickets tomorrow are reserve
Huh?
So you had to buy a seat like at a Hooks game just for tomorrow? Why not do that for the first and second game.:nerd:

DDBooger
06-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Huh?
So you had to buy a seat like at a Hooks game just for tomorrow? Why not do that for the first and second game.:nerd: they dropped the ball on that one! It caused a lot chaos, you know how people can get saving seats.

pirate4state
06-05-2009, 11:22 PM
:cheerl: GO CATS! :cheerl:

Bull Butter
06-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Bull Butter's Game 2 Analysis...............

1. Defense was much better tonight, only one early error by Moody.
2. Attendance was announced as 8,876. A little less than last night. I think some had tickets but chose not to fight the crowd
3. Calallen hit the ball and hit it hard. If this was Moody's ace, they may be in trouble tomorrow.
4. Jordan John is a STUD. It's a shame he had to go out early, he was mowing Trojan hitters down.
5. I thought Moody was gonna come back in the 4th. They had some solid shots in that inning, but Calallen's relief pitcher buckled down and pitched well.
6. Some Moody fans I talked to after the game are convinced John is gonna come back and pitch tomorrow.
7. Tomorrow's game should be a classic, I look for attendance to top 9,200

SintonFan
06-06-2009, 12:40 AM
If the attendance goes past 6-7000 on a Saturday morning I would be shocked. :eek: :D

sinton66
06-06-2009, 06:40 AM
If the attendance goes past 6-7000 on a Saturday morning I would be shocked. :eek: :D

This is Moody-Calallen, woudn't surprise me. Might even top out.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Game 3
Moody 14 Calallen 4 Final (5 innings)

Moody win series 2-1

#1 team rolls past #2 rank team in nation.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-06-2009, 01:04 PM
8,300, heard the seating situation was bad. Lots of tempers with certain groups of fans not able to sit on the other side etc. They were allowing people to buy 80+ tickets and people saving them. STUPID. The tickets tomorrow are reserve if you left your seat there was some people taking your seat :doh:

sinton66
06-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Sorry Cats, congrats Trojans.

DDBooger
06-06-2009, 05:38 PM
We didn't have the pitching staff we've had in the past. Good luck to Moody, they showed far more class as a team than Lake Travis did! Well coached and disciplined.