PDA

View Full Version : SO SO Stupid

coach
06-04-2009, 09:14 PM
david stern fines Lebron 25k for not adressing the media after the cavs loss to the magic

zebrablue2
06-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by coach
david stern fines Lebron 25k for not adressing the media after the cavs loss to the magic

pocket change for lebron, but that is truely CRAP. i would not want to talk to those clowns either..

PurpleFreddy
06-04-2009, 10:40 PM
It is part of his responsibility as a professional. The media coverage is one of the reasons the sport is able to generate enough interest and income in order to pay him such an unGodly salary. By the way, I used to be one of those "clowns."

coach
06-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
It is part of his responsibility as a professional. The media coverage is one of the reasons the sport is able to generate enough interest and income in order to pay him such an unGodly salary. By the way, I used to be one of those "clowns."

to get fined 25k bc u dont talk to the media..thats just stupid...i dont care how u put it..that aint right....thats david stern being an ass is all it is. he didnt feel like talking to anyone so leave the man alone and et him be

Txbroadcaster
06-04-2009, 10:55 PM
to get fined 25k bc u dont talk to the media..thats just stupid...i dont care how u put it..that aint right....thats david stern being an ass is all it is. he didnt feel like talking to anyone so leave the man alone and et him be

every commisoner will fine a star player that does not talk to the media..It is basically in their contracts with the players unions, they are expected to make them self avalible for media after games and before big games

that is why someone gets fined almost every year for missing Spuper Bowl Press Day.

SintonFan
06-04-2009, 11:36 PM
If it was in his contract how can you defend him? It is more "aint right" for Lebron to make all those millions and not honor his contract(which brought him all those millions in the first place).
We all don't "feel like talking" some days but we don't have a contract stipulating that we dredge up and do so whenever our contract says so...
no excuse for him imho.

coach
06-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
If it was in his contract how can you defend him? It is more "aint right" for Lebron to make all those millions and not honor his contract(which brought him all those millions in the first place).
We all don't "feel like talking" some days but we don't have a contract stipulating that we dredge up and do so whenever our contract says so...
no excuse for him imho.

i just think the nba is making a very small issue into a huge one...it is rediculous for them to fine him i dont care what is contract says...besides do we know for a fact that it is in his contract

UPanIN
06-05-2009, 08:29 AM
He needed to man-up and give the interview.

Instead he took his ball and went home.

What a baby.

Maroon87
06-05-2009, 08:31 AM
i just think the nba is making a very small issue into a huge one...it is rediculous for them to fine him i dont care what is contract says...besides do we know for a fact that it is in his contract

LeBron is the one that made it the issue by skipping the press conference.

Phil C
06-05-2009, 08:37 AM
You have never seen Tony or Tim refuse to address the media anytime whether they won or lost.

CHS_CG
06-05-2009, 09:12 AM

With a big star like that.. there is no doubt its in his contract... hes was being a baby...

K-MAC Chuck
06-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I've been a member of the media for the past 24 years,...worked in Dallas and SA, been the "beat" reporter for the Spurs, Astros and Oilers...

David Stern's fine of LeBron is not only right, but it's "consistent" with League Policy (not to mention it's in the players' contracts to meet with/address the media).

As has been mentioned, PROFESSIONAL players in most every league are required to meet with the media, especially in the playoffs. Believe me, there were games early in his career when David Robinson didn't want to talk to the media - but he had to so he "man-ned up" and handle interviews like the man he is.

We had Michael Jordan before a game in SA - he was feeling like crap and looked like it, but he "man-ned up" and handled his responsibility like a man.

Sorry, but this "old school" media person looks at LeBron's antics and sees a "cry baby"...A year or so from now, LeBron himself wil admit that his antics were pretty darn stupid...

pirate4state
06-05-2009, 09:28 AM
*SIGH*

:rolleyes:

BuckeyeNut
06-05-2009, 09:30 AM

One thing you have to look at is it in his contact??? Does it says he has to talk to them.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Bullaholic
06-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
*SIGH*

:rolleyes:

No surprise coming from a TO apologist....:D K-Mac is right---and BTW-"old school" rules...:D

pirate4state
06-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
No surprise coming from a TO apologist....:D K-Mac is right---and BTW-"old school" rules...:D I don't make apologies for him. I just don't give a crap whether or not some athlete makes nice with the media.

The only impact it has on me is here, and even then, I just use it to :stirpot: :taunt: :)

BwdLions
06-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Here we go again. I have no problems when these spoiled pro athletes don't do what they know that're supposed to do. What's wrong with fining them? If you don't then you might as well not have rules and guidelines.

Pawdaddy
06-05-2009, 10:09 AM
I have absolutely no problem with players being fined for actions that reflect poorly on the organization as a whole. These people are entertainers who are paid extremely well. The only thing is they should be fined enough to get their attention. 25k means absoutely nothing to someone who gets paid 2-300,000 PER GAME! Itemize fines into an easy to read (6th to 7th grade level), chart, with $150k and up fines, and have an "All Others" at the end for $100k and let these big headed whiners play for nothing if they cannot control themselves.

Bullaholic
06-05-2009, 10:09 AM
The core thought is this---Why should anyone in our society be above the law or rules they agreed to honor because of their status?

GreenMachine
06-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by UPanIN
He needed to man-up and give the interview.

Instead he took his ball and went home.

What a baby. :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Pmoney
06-05-2009, 11:32 AM
He always loved talking to the media when he won but he is just too immature to talk to them when he loses so the fine is understandable

Ex-Tiger2005
06-05-2009, 11:39 AM

he gets fined for not shaking someones hand or answering a dumb question but kobe doesnt get ANYTHING for thrownin a darn elbow. thats pisses me off!