PDA

View Full Version : Forney/Everman Coaching

surfspike
11-29-2001, 10:58 PM
I know the game happened last week, but due to my pc technical difficulties I haven't had the opportunity to express my opinion.

The reason Everman won the game is by superior coaching. They brought their kids in the game with some insight on the game plan, while with the Forney coaches at the HASH seemed to not know what to do next. This really upset me b/c I'm a forney fan and grad. It was a great game and I can honestly say that after seeing Everman play Forney has the most talented 3a team in the state. With Forney's coaches putting the team in such horrible positions the talent of the players still managed to come within 4 points to almost take the win, and when that is against an excellent defense like Everman's..... I say congrats to the Forney team. They fought hard but just got put into positions that never happened before. All season long Smith, Rush, and Maxfield seemed calm and collective with strategy in mind. Versus Everman.... they were running circles and jumping throught hoops. (not literally) I don't like to down anyone, but that is what I saw from the Forney side of the field. Did anybody else notice the Forney coaches frustration?

Matthew328
11-29-2001, 11:25 PM
I am not sure if it was superior coaching...I think Forney as a whole was surprised by the speed of Everman's D and how it matched Forney's offense...sure there were some things that you can second guess but every game there are things you can second guess...that's football..what killed Forney was the turnovers and their inability to break big plays

San Antonio HS FB Fan
11-30-2001, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by surfspike:

It was a great game and I can honestly say that after seeing Everman play Forney has the most talented 3a team in the state.

Surfspike, how many 3A teams have you seen to make such a statement? Your biases for Forney interfere with logic. After the season is over AND you have seen most of the teams in the playoffs, then such a comment could be understood. Untill then, Forney fans will say Forney is best, Everman fans will say Everman is best, Bellville fans will say Bellville is best, etc.

the claw
11-30-2001, 01:44 PM
Personally I liked the way Forney's coaches coached that game. They controlled the entire fourth quarter. It came down to the last call they made(which could be second guessed since they didn't give Blanton the ball) but if Blanton wouldn't have made it people would say why not give it to the fullback. It came down to which defense could make the big stop and Everman did that.

surfspike
11-30-2001, 07:26 PM
What I meant by "superior coaching" is that Forney always calls the same plays and EVERYONE knows it. The weaker teams know what Forney planned on doing, but simply just wasn't good enough as a whole to stop them. The coaches seem to have no idea that when Forney reaches the tougher teams there is obviously more talent. That is why I posted that topic "What Maxfield should do" (anyone remember? Tylerose perhaps?) Everybody knew that Everman's D was good enough to stop the predictable forney offense. Its not new to anyone, especially if they have seen Forney play. I won't lie, Everman's defense had speed... thats a fact. If Maxfield wouldn't try to run Blanton 46 sweep every freakin play then maybe the Everman defense would have had second doubts. One would think that with the potential firepower Forney had at recievers (e.i. Ty Gerner, Gilmer, Blanton EVEN and Rickerson (who never even got a ball thrown to him!)) Max would have brought up some new plays; instead Everman just watches the film from the previous Forney games and knew exactly what to do. So what I was saying is that due to obtuse coaching on Forney's part lost them the game becuase it instigated the offensive predictability that Everman as well as the Forney crowd could even figure out. BTW this years Everman team reminded me alot of last years La Grange team. Lots of small fast guys. Ending result... the same. That is why IN MY PERSONAL OPINION FORNEY WILL NEVER WIN A TITLE UNDER THE COACHING OF MAXFIELD. If the coaches would have called just a few trick plays it would have more than likely kept Forney out of some tough positions. The fumble Blanton had in the third was just a mistake. Everybody makes them, noone can help it, but if you went to the game you can't tell me that when Forney came out passing in the third and had that diving catch down mid-field and that catch in the endzone wasn't impressive.

I have seen some teams play other than just Forney. I'm not naive like some may think. I traveled to weatherford to watch the Wylie/Vernon game. To be frank, I don't know what the hype about wylie was all about. Ensor wouldn't even scramble; he just stood and got sacked several times. There was one point where the Vernon had wylie's so-called offense at 4th and 23 in the third quarter. What was that all about?! I went into the game expecting to be impressed by the Wylie football team, but instead was more impressed (and deafened) by the roar of their crowd. (crazy kids with those propane tanks) However, Vernon played a great game that night and I think may give Everman some trouble. They were alot better than I thought they were.

Now that Forney is out.... all I have to say is GO COMMERCE TIGERS!

tylerrose
11-30-2001, 08:41 PM
You are a freakin genius. If you had been coaching the team then maybe Forney would have ran a triple reverse,or maybe a statue of Liberty, or maybe thrown the ball 25 times. I wish Max had thought of all of those brilliant ideas. I tell you what, why don't you get a job at another 3A high school and get Forney on the schedule, and see how bad you can beat Max and then maybe the people of Forney can see that he is not the man for the job. You are rediculously stupid! The program for the last 16 years would not have been at the steady level of excellence that it has been without Max. Look around the state and tell me how many head coaches have been able to win on a consistent basis for 16 years at the same school. You might find 5. Forney lost the game because of a punt snap and a fumble that gave a damn good Everman team a short 20 yard field twice and they took advantage of it. At the same time they(Everman) did not make any mistakes. The loss had nothing to do with the game plan. The game was won by the team that made the fewest mistakes.Take those two things away and Forney wins the game 17-7. People like you need to be neutered so you can not reproduce, and spread the ignorance on to future generations.

Rabbit93
11-30-2001, 09:46 PM
Dang Tylerrose....I think you said just about everything thatI was going to say....I guess that bad snap and the fumble didn't make that big of a difference after all....damn that maxfield.

surfspike
11-30-2001, 10:18 PM
Hey Tylerrose.... thanks for the insult. Nobody can even state their own OPINIONS anymore without some other guy/girl bashing them for what they think. Why do you have to go out of your way just to say rude stuff such as what you ended with. WHY? What good does it do? You don't even know me. People like you make me not want to even say anything on this wretched board. Before district play I was able to say what I believed, but now why should I? Matt, bearcat and j2k go through all the trouble to create this place and people like you seem to try and run the OPINIONATED people away. I see things all over this board and have only said one thing that I shouldn't and I admitted that I shouldn't have even said it. Other than that one mistake, I have been on everybody's good side, (I hope.) Replies like yours make me not even want to come back. I'd say something, but I'm bigger than that. Please, I hope you don't talk that way to your father... either way it is disrepectful.

surfspike
11-30-2001, 10:28 PM
oh and one ore thing... how many state titles does Forney have under Max's career?

Talent does not dictate the overall greatness of a team, just becuase I THINK they have the most talent doesn't mean the same as Forney being the best team in 3a.

[This message has been edited by surfspike (edited November 30, 2001).]

eye of the tiger
11-30-2001, 10:52 PM
stay with us surfspike. the narrow minded dont last long here.

the claw
11-30-2001, 11:45 PM
I see what you're sayin surfspike. I thought they would keep passing after those spectacular catches. But when you are a running team you run the ball. In the end Everman made the big plays when it counted. That's what won the game.