PDA

View Full Version : Legal question.

TexasHSFB
06-04-2009, 06:51 AM
I got a ticket today for being "illegally parked."

What happened was, it was a local park area that had a building on it. The building burned down and they cleared it so now it's just a concrete slab.

Well, cars have been pulling up on the slab so me and my step dad did as well.

Left to go fishing and came back a few hours later and we both have tickets.

My thing is, nowhere does it say not to park there.

And cars have been parking there all week.

Don't you think it's not right to not block it off or something if they don't want people parking there, or atleast put up a sign?

Do I have a legit chance of getting this dismissed if I fight it?

BILLYFRED0000
06-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Probably not. That area is not marked for parking and the Slab is not a parking slot. Kinda like taking off the freeway in the ditch.
It just aint part of the road or parking lot.

BuckeyeNut
06-04-2009, 08:06 AM
YOUR BEST PLAY IS TO GO THE THE JP AND JUST TELL HIM YOUR STORY.

GOOD LUCK

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-04-2009, 08:11 AM
I would just tell the judge that you thought it was ok to park there based on your previous observations of others parking there, and that this ticket you received was the first time you were made aware that parking there was, in fact, illegal.

lulu
06-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
I would just tell the judge that you thought it was ok to park there based on your previous observations of others parking there, and that this ticket you received was the first time you were made aware that parking there was, in fact, illegal.

Well even though it is illegal to park on someones private property I think under the circumstances you stated they might give you a break. Explain the situation and BEG for MERCY.

pirate4state
06-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
YOUR BEST PLAY IS TO GO THE THE JP AND JUST TELL HIM YOUR STORY.

GOOD LUCK

Good advice! :thumbsup:

BwdLion73
06-04-2009, 10:31 AM
But did you catch any fish?:thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
06-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
But did you catch any fish?:thinking: :thinking:

I hope so! If not, that would just add insult to injury!!:)

Farmersfan
06-04-2009, 11:11 AM
The judge should be understanding in this case. But in these hard economic times we might need your fine money to help make our quota, so good luck!!!!!! :D :D

TexasHSFB
06-04-2009, 01:46 PM
I think I'll just tell the judge what happened and hope for the best. I'll be prepared to pay it and if I don't have to, great.

And yea we caught some fish.

Me and my step dad caught our limit of trout. We got 20 total (10 apeice)

It was a great trip til we got back and discovered we both had tickets.:doh:

44INAROW
06-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
I think I'll just tell the judge what happened and hope for the best. I'll be prepared to pay it and if I don't have to, great.

And yea we caught some fish.

Me and my step dad caught our limit of trout. We got 20 total (10 apeice)

It was a great trip til we got back and discovered we both had tickets.:doh:

remember to be polite but not a kissa$$ - had a minicipal judge tell one of my boys to ease up on the a$$kissing - she was going to give him deferred adjudication on the ticket already :)
- hope you get an understanding judge and you have a good experience. and way to go on the fish :p