PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young

Farmersfan
06-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Vince Young has issued a warning to the Titans to give him his starting job back or he will take his talents elsewhere! Apparently it is now fashionable to be conceded even if you SUCK in the NFL. Young is a terrible QB in the NFL and had a mental breakdown last season and really let his team down yet he feels he has enough stroke to make threats. I would still be LMAOF if I was in charge of the Titans. What a moron!

pirate4state
06-03-2009, 10:03 AM
{waits on g$$}

wildstangs
06-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Not ready to give up on Vince yet as an NFL QB. He did lead his team to the playoffs and won himself a rookie of the year award as well as a trip to the pro bowl. As for his quote, well he wants to play. Who can blame him for that?

Ex-Tiger2005
06-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Not ready to give up on Vince yet as an NFL QB. He did lead his team to the playoffs and won himself a rookie of the year award as well as a trip to the pro bowl. As for his quote, well he wants to play. Who can blame him for that?

ditto!

waterboy
06-03-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't think he is in a position to make threats, but I don't see a problem with him wanting another chance. I think he should've expressed his desire in a more appropriate tone. I'd like to see him succeed, but he has to go about it with the right attitude.......Just my opinion.

sahen
06-03-2009, 10:35 AM
at least he said it instead of getting his mom too...maybe he is growing up some; however, thats a bold demand for a quarterback with some obvious baggage, if they release him other teams probably wont pay him as much as the titans are...

injuredinmelee
06-03-2009, 11:29 AM
he is turning into a prima donna. Should have stayed one more year at UT.

Farmersfan
06-03-2009, 11:34 AM

Everyone wants to play. Can't blame him for that but to demand his starting job back without earning it is what my comment was founded on. After last year Vince will need at least a full season of good play and no incidents before he has enough skins on the wall to talk like that.......
Right now he would be in the botton 25% of QB's in the league. Even further down if you consider his mental midgetness (is that a word?).

WildTexan972
06-03-2009, 11:36 AM
if the overhyped nutcase wants to play, then show up at training camp and EARN IT....a press release does not get a kid that has been handed everything in his past a job in the NFL....if he is worthy of the job he needs to shut up and prove it, or go wander around looking for a rope again like last time....

Farmersfan
06-03-2009, 11:41 AM
He was actually ranked #30 out of 32 QB's in the league in 06' with a rating of 66 and #26 out of 32 in 07' with a rating of 71. Yea! Keep talking Vince. Perhaps you and Quincy Carter can form a QB counseling company when you retire......................

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=pass&season=2&year=2006

DDBooger
06-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Let's see, it's June 3rd, I think I'm gonna hate me some Vince Young today! :D

LOL

Keith7
06-03-2009, 11:45 AM
perhaps he should just cut his losses and move to wide receiver, where he should have been to begin with

Maroon87
06-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
if the overhyped nutcase wants to play, then show up at training camp and EARN IT....a press release does not get a kid that has been handed everything in his past a job in the NFL....if he is worthy of the job he needs to shut up and prove it, or go wander around looking for a rope again like last time....

How exactly has he been "handed everything"? Do you have examples?

Keith7
06-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
How exactly has he been "handed everything"? Do you have examples?

He was handed a national championship thanks to a faux pitch when his knee was down

Maroon87
06-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
He was handed a national championship thanks to a faux pitch when his knee was down

Oh...you mean that play in the SECOND QUARTER? The one that happened before USC blew a 12 point lead in the last 6 minutes?

Yeah....that was really the difference in the game...:hand:

Keith7
06-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Whats the difference? If it happened in the first minute of the game or the last? It was still part of the game

DDBooger
06-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Was it the only missed call of the game? Did USC not benefit from any officials' mistakes? Had it not been for that one call, would have USC won?
One play has never decided a football game. voice of reason. The way VY was playing, he'd likely have scored on the following play! LOL.

sinton66
06-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Whats the difference? If it happened in the first minute of the game or the last? It was still part of the game

Remind me again who you were cheering for in that game.:rolleyes:

STANG RED
06-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Everyone wants to play. Can't blame him for that but to demand his starting job back without earning it is what my comment was founded on. After last year Vince will need at least a full season of good play and no incidents before he has enough skins on the wall to talk like that.......
Right now he would be in the botton 25% of QB's in the league. Even further down if you consider his mental midgetness (is that a word?).

Agreed! But IF IF IF he can get his stupid head screwed on straight, I believe he has the talent to be a great NFL qb. I'd like to see him at least get another chance. If he blows it, he blows it. Which is unfortunatley a good possibility. Either way, he's in no position to be making threats or demands right now.
At the moment, he and Ricky Williams have given UT a bad name in the NFL.

Farmersfan
06-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Was it the only missed call of the game? Did USC not benefit from any officials' mistakes? Had it not been for that one call, would have USC won?
One play has never decided a football game.

NOT TRUE!!!!! There have been many, many games decided by a non-call or a wrong call from refs.....

Farmersfan
06-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Agreed! But IF IF IF he can get his stupid head screwed on straight, I believe he has the talent to be a great NFL qb. I'd like to see him at least get another chance. If he blows it, he blows it. Which is unfortunatley a good possibility. Either way, he's in no position to be making threats or demands right now.
At the moment, he and Ricky Williams have given UT a bad name in the NFL.

I think there has been a few more than just the two you mentioned.

Phil C
06-03-2009, 01:17 PM

Actually that was to USC's advantage because UT would have got a td anyway and it would have left USC without enough time to get that field goal before the half ended and it would have been UT 16 USC 7 intstead of 10.

BwdLions
06-03-2009, 01:22 PM

That's one of the most ignorant statements I've read in quite a while. :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
06-03-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Actually that was to USC's advantage because UT would have got a td anyway and it would have left USC without enough time to get that field goal before the half ended and it would have been UT 16 USC 7 intstead of 10.

Sic em', Phil---these people need to SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

We're talking one of UT's greatest sports heroes here who almost single-handedly beat USC for a National Championship---COME ON PEOPLE!

Now what I seriously think about Vince Young----Same sad story about a lot of gifted athletes......he has the body and heart but not the head to shine in the NFL. You just can't beat today's NFL defenders with your legs and a good pass now and then---you must have the mental ability to understand complex defensive schemes and make the right decisions consistently by finding the "hot" receivers against them without being fooled into making a mistake.

bigwood33
06-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I will say what I have always said about VY, GREAT athlete and great football player but not a great passer. He throws the football "at" his receivers not "to" them.

TexasHSFB
06-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Not ready to give up on Vince yet as an NFL QB. He did lead his team to the playoffs and won himself a rookie of the year award as well as a trip to the pro bowl. As for his quote, well he wants to play. Who can blame him for that? X2 but he still hasn't earned the right to issue threats.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-03-2009, 02:10 PM
NOT TRUE!!!!! There have been many, many games decided by a non-call or a wrong call from refs.....

To paraphrase one of my old coaches, if you let one call decide the outcome of the game, then you didn't do enough to win it.

Bullaholic
06-03-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
To paraphrase one of my old coaches, if you let one call decide the outcome of the game, then you didn't do enough to win it.

I think there is sound logic in that, but I wonder how many coaches who lost a big game on a controversial call believe that in their hearts.

Farmersfan
06-03-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

That would be the PC way to look at it and probably the smartest way to teach kids. But between us adults, that is hogwash. A team should never be expected to overcome a refs bad call. Perhaps they need to come up with a whole new column in the win/loss record. Wins/Loss/Ties/Stolen by refs.

:D :D :D

cameron91
06-03-2009, 02:31 PM
I thought Merrill Hodge , worked on ESPN not on 3a down low...we can all say what we want about VY , good or bad.. but how many of yall wished , you was playing in the NFL. It was two other Quarteback came out with VY that year. Cutler is the best of the three IMO. Poor Matt Liner , is he still playing FOOZBALL..

cameron91
06-03-2009, 02:46 PM
best comment of the week..

He didn't "ask" for anything, he bypassed the team and went public with a barely veiled threat. VY's stock is so low right now I'm surprised the government hasn't offered him a bailout.:D :D

Farmersfan
06-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by cameron91
I thought Merrill Hodge , worked on ESPN not on 3a down low...we can all say what we want about VY , good or bad.. but how many of yall wished , you was playing in the NFL. It was two other Quarteback came out with VY that year. Cutler is the best of the three IMO. Poor Matt Liner , is he still playing FOOZBALL..

As bad as he was, most NFL people would probably pick Matt Lienart over Vince Young. In 06' when they both played Lienart actual had a better rating than Vince did. He was just unlucky that they had Kirt Warner. I think Young is a lot like M. Vick. Tons of natural ability but not much actual skill. How far that will get him is yet to be determined.

pirate4state
06-03-2009, 03:29 PM
Perhaps they need to come up with a whole new column in the win/loss record. Wins/Loss/Ties/Stolen by refs.

:D :D :D

We don't have that already? I'm almost positive a few fans on this board have implemented that column!

BwdLions
06-03-2009, 04:03 PM
It's very disappointing to hear VY talk like this. He was just saying a few weeks ago he was going to stop opening his mouth and getting himself involved in these kinds of stories. he had talked to the coaching staff and asked how he could win his job back. He can't seriously expect to win his job back in just a few months. This isn't high school or college.

His latest statements are in direct conflict with what he previously said this offseason. He seems to just say whatever he feels at any given moment and doesn't seem to care about the consequences. He is showing no maturity at all.

I'll always be a die hard VY fan and will remember what he did at UT, but it's getting more and more difficult to see him having a successful career in the NFL. I wish him the best, but he obviously has a long way to go and it starts by keeping himself out of controversies like this.

BuckeyeNut
06-03-2009, 04:15 PM
WOW I SEE ALOT OF HATER'S ON THE DOWNLOW TODAY. GET OFF HIM HE STILL IS A YOUNG MAN. GIVE ANYONE MILLIONS AND THERE HEAD IS GOING TO GET BIG. HE CAN PLAY AT THE NFL LEVEL NO PROBLEM. MOST QB YOU CAN TELL IF THEY GOT IT OR NOT IN THE FIRST YEAR.

Z-RO
06-03-2009, 04:39 PM

What about that INT Texas came up with that the officials called an incomplete pass? That was clearly a pick and should have been reviewed. The calls went both ways...hater

JasperDog94
06-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
What about that INT Texas came up with that the officials called an incomplete pass? That was clearly a pick and should have been reviewed. The calls went both ways...hater Don't worry about Keith. Just read my sig and it will explain everything.:D

BwdLions
06-03-2009, 04:45 PM
You Texas haters need to give it up. Texas beat USC fair and square. It's been 4 years, let it go. :rolleyes:

Trashman
06-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Vince just wants to play, that is all there is to it. If backups don't make a little noise every now and then they would never get a chance.:D

Bullaholic
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Don't worry about Keith. Just read my sig and it will explain everything.:D

And even after all these years Keith never fails to draw fire every time---even from those who know him well. He has more capacity to endure the unpleasant than a buzzard eating carrion. :D

XtremeCouture
06-03-2009, 04:50 PM
so there are still people that believe VY lead the titans to a playoff appearance??? i'm 100% sure that the titans proved last year their defense was the reason they made it to the playoffs. VY held them back from a possible division title and that's about it.

Electus Unus
06-03-2009, 04:52 PM
The 2009 year reminds me of the 2005 season....just replace USC with Florida. Just saying. :)