PDA

View Full Version : State Baseball Tournament –

abicooper
05-30-2002, 08:41 AM
I noticed that the softball brackets were posted on the UIL website and that in 1A, 2A, and 3A the Reg. 3 team will play the Reg. 1 team. Do the teams get seeded at State or is the bracket predetermined? I was trying to see what the possible 3A State match-ups might be next week for baseball. Thanks for your help.

[This message has been edited by abicooper (edited May 30, 2002).]

sinton66
05-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Belive the brackets are predetermined. Are you sure R1 is playing R3? Usually R1 plays R2 and R3 plays R4. But if all games are in Austin, guess it doesn't really matter.

hsguru
05-31-2002, 09:45 PM
when all the teams are done with their regional series the winners will be seeded by winning percentage and then 1 will paly 4 and 2 vs. 3. The 3A games will be Wednesday and Thursday at THE DISH!!!
Go BULLDOGS!!!!
HOOK EM HORNS!!

abicooper
06-01-2002, 11:53 AM
If this is the case; it would appear Lorena (31-1)will play Forney(26-6)and Wylie(30-6) would play the winner of the Sinton/Yoakum series.

Is this how everyone else sees it?

Another question, why do they seed the teams? I know that Wylie had only one loss to a 3A team, 3 to 5A and 2 to 4A. (It would seem that the UIL would just do the same thing like they do in football Reg. 1 vs Reg.2 and so on.)

sinfan75
06-02-2002, 05:25 AM
I guess they figure the teams with the better records have a better chance of playin in the finals.Course at this level records don't mean a damn thing.It's who plays the best baseball that counts.

abicooper
06-02-2002, 12:53 PM
3A Semi's:

Wylie vs. Sinton at 5:30
Lorena vs. Forney at 8:00
(Wednesday at Disch Falk).

The finals are tentatively set for 1:30 on Thursday.

sinfan75
06-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Both games should be good ones.

VWG
06-02-2002, 04:06 PM
Of the final four baseball teams, do any of these schools have any D1 baseball signee's on their team?

sinfan75
06-02-2002, 04:17 PM
Pitcher Alaniz is only a junior but is already being heavily recruited by major colleges.Chance Schmidt also of Sinton could be D1 player but also is a junior.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-02-2002, 06:46 PM
Championship game on Thursday? thats unfair to school supporters and maybe even the players to not having all the support that they would have if all championship games were played on Saturday. I'll be able to make it if sinton makes it, but i know alot of people wont be able to make it to the game.

sinfan75
06-02-2002, 07:01 PM
Oh I guarantee there will be a lot of sick bugs goin around come Wednesday and Thursday!

hsguru
06-02-2002, 08:01 PM
My cough has already started.

sinton66
06-02-2002, 08:27 PM
Personally, I think it STINKS up the place! Those of us who have a job and DON'T live in Austin probably aren't going to get to see our teams play for the championship. WE raised the kids and PAID for the schools, and we pay most of the UIL salaries. If Austin can't accomodate ALL of us and NOT just 4A and 5A, maybe its time to move the state tournament to San Antonio, Houston, or Dallas. Austin plainly doesn't care about the smaller teams, so I say screw 'em. Sorry, didn't mean to go off on a rant there, just getting tired of idiots in Austin calling all the shots.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited June 02, 2002).]

SintonFan
06-02-2002, 11:30 PM
Wow! I started coughing a month ago! I guess that Bronchitus might come in handy afterall! Dang, I 'hate' having that summer bug.

eye of the tiger
06-03-2002, 12:04 AM
Good luck to all the state bound teams. Fans just remember, don't go down on 6th street in Austin until after the game. It is way too much fun and I don't want any of you to miss the games. Be safe and have fun and wish I was going.

sinton66
06-03-2002, 08:12 AM
SinFaninAustin and Sinton Fan in S.A., you guys might have to do the cheering by yourselves. I have a boss that doesn't recognize sick days without a doctor's excuse(thought I left high school years ago). Either one of you a physician?

Anyway, congrats to Sinton and Abilene Wylie, best of luck, and may the best team win!

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited June 03, 2002).]

Adidas410s
06-04-2002, 12:11 PM
They dont normally play the tourney on a Wednesday and Thursday. They have to this year because Texas is the #5 seed in the NCAA tourney and since they won their region, they get to host a super regional. They are playing Houston on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday if needed. If you want to see A LOT of good baseball this week, just camp out at Disch-Falk on Wednesday and stay through the weekend. Good luck to all teams, especially Wylie!

sinton66
06-04-2002, 05:05 PM
I really don't understand why folks don't think I know about the super regional. My point is that the state tournament happens EVERY year. This is dependable repeat business for the hotel/motels, eateries, gas stations, etc. How often do they expect to host a "super regional"? If this was a business for profit and you treated your regular customers this way, they'd DROP you in a hearttbeat, and find someone who appreciates their business. Why is it that ONLY the 1A,2A and 3A teams got crapped on? There should be plenty of high school fields in the area. If the Austin jerks can't accommodate us all the time, then it's time to find someplace that can. Like San Antonio for instance. Am I the only one that thinks Austin is being a "fair weather friend" here?

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited June 04, 2002).]

sinfan75
06-04-2002, 08:38 PM
Uh,if i'm not mistaken,I think the University of Texas owns Ditsch-Falk or a good chunk of it any how.I think they can decide who,and when sombody is gonna play at that ball park.And if it's Austin I don't think they're gonna turn down an NCAA turnament for a high school turnament.GO PIRATES!!!! HOOK EM'HORNS!!!!

sinton66
06-05-2002, 08:38 AM
I understand that 75, and it illustrates the point perfectly. Why on earth should we want to play a tournament someplace where we will ALWAYS be second bananna? The very LEAST the UIL could have done was to offer to help set up alternative venues. Did they? Don't think so. It appears that they never gave us a seconds worth of thought. I'm telling all of you now that if you DON'T kick up a fuss, nothing will improve in the future, and it will most likely get worse. I'm a HUGE UT fan(not always the healthiest thing to be considering where I am), and I'm very happy they are still playing, but that doesn't mean I'll take getting crapped on.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited June 05, 2002).]

SintonFan_inAustin
06-05-2002, 11:19 AM
Went to get tickets for pirate game and i couldnt believe they had one ticket booth for uil and it was next to main booths. Main booth was for Super regional tourney. uil booth had a big line and there was 1 person buying at main booth with all booth opened.think there 5 booths. Couldnt they just sell them both at the main booth?

sinton66
06-05-2002, 05:01 PM
Sounds like second bananna to me.