PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hooo Finally!!!!

CHS_CG
06-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Got notice today that my unemployment has FINALLY been approved! Should have the debit card soon with it soon!!! I've been waiting since March 24th... it feels like forever!

jason
06-02-2009, 11:36 AM
is getting unemployment really something to be bragging about???

:confused:

garciap77
06-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Got notice today that my unemployment has FINALLY been approved! Should have the debit card soon with it soon!!! I've been waiting since March 24th... it feels like forever!

That is a long time!:eek:

Electus Unus
06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by jason

:confused: It is if you are having trouble finding a job and have a kid.

CHS_CG
06-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by jason

:confused:

Considering I've been applying for everything im qualified for and stuff im about 50-75% qualified for... not getting very many interviews and I'm not gettng any income.. I'd say yeah.. its nice to know I am finally going to get some help and wont have to let my truck get repo'd!

waterboy
06-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Dang! Why were they denying you benefits? 2+ months seems like an awful long time to have to wait for approval. I wish you the best in your job search. Something good will come out of all this. That I'm sure of.:)

CHS_CG
06-02-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Dang! Why were they denying you benefits? 2+ months seems like an awful long time to have to wait for approval. I wish you the best in your job search. Something good will come out of all this. That I'm sure of.:)

They werent denying it.. they just werent approving it.. I got some story about how they are really busy and my file got shuffled around and then some people were out and I finally got a call from the guy that was gunna handle my claim last wednesday. He asked me a couple of questions.. contacted my previous employer and finished everything yesterday.

waterboy
06-02-2009, 12:55 PM
They werent denying it.. they just werent approving it.. I got some story about how they are really busy and my file got shuffled around and then some people were out and I finally got a call from the guy that was gunna handle my claim last wednesday. He asked me a couple of questions.. contacted my previous employer and finished everything yesterday.
:doh: Go figure! I forgot we were talking about government workers! Incompetence at it's finest!:D I've never had that kind of trouble before, and I've drawn benefits numerous times.:( I'm just glad you're finally gonna receive those benefits you deserve.

Ranger Mom
06-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Right now is a bad time to try and get unemployment....they are backlogged BIG TIME!!

lulu
06-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
:doh: Go figure! I forgot we were talking about government workers! Incompetence at it's finest!:D I've never had that kind of trouble before, and I've drawn benefits numerous times.:( I'm just glad you're finally gonna receive those benefits you deserve.

I'm glad too. Some people don't understand what its like to come under hard times. Gotta walk in those shoes. I'd be bragging too.

BuckeyeNut
06-02-2009, 01:26 PM
My first job right out of high school i went to work for Train over in Tyler. I worked there 8 years and got laid off for 4 years in a row. I liked the break about in November to Feb every year. Unemployment was very nice. So i know how you feel.

Keep up the good fight.