PDA

View Full Version : New George Ranch High School

TexasHSFB
06-02-2009, 11:30 AM
It's being built on FM 762 just south of Richmond/Rosenberg. It looks massive and that area just south of Houston is REALLY growing.

The school will be a part of LCISD but does anybody know what grades they will have in their first year and what classification they will start in? Also, when will they bump up another classification?

Thanks for the info.

TexasHSFB
06-02-2009, 08:33 PM
?

sinton66
06-02-2009, 08:38 PM
LCISD??

TexasHSFB
06-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
LCISD?? Lamar Consolidated.

sinton66
06-02-2009, 09:03 PM
All three Highschools are 4A now, right?

TexasHSFB
06-02-2009, 09:06 PM
All three Highschools are 4A now, right? I don't know. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

I know Terry HS's enrollment will probably be drastically affected because alot of their kids lived in the area that is getting the new HS. I'm assuming most of those kids will now be going to GRHS.

sinton66
06-02-2009, 09:09 PM
I think LCHS is just over 2k students. They are the largest, I think.

TexasHSFB
06-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I think LCHS is just over 2k students. They are the largest, I think. I think you're right, but I think they will be affected less than Terry as far as enrollment. I was thinking that GRHS might start out in 3A. :thinking:

sinton66
06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Maybe, but you never know where they'll draw the new lines.

TexasHSFB
06-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Maybe, but you never know where they'll draw the new lines. True enough.

mac77
06-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by TexasHSFB
It's being built on FM 762 just south of Richmond/Rosenberg. It looks massive and that area just south of Houston is REALLY growing.

The school will be a part of LCISD but does anybody know what grades they will have in their first year and what classification they will start in? Also, when will they bump up another classification?

Thanks for the info.
Remember that site is both a Jr. High and a High School. Looks like it might have the same kind of layout that the Foster complex does.

onsideanytime
06-03-2009, 08:20 AM
from what i here they will open up with 9th/10th only, they are currently discussing school zones, lcisd does not want any 5a schools in the district in the near future if they can help it, GRH will be 4a, lcisd already has land to build another school in fulshear area as well, the mix of kids should be real good, from what i hear they will be taking ab unch of terry's athletes(just what i here)

Twirling Time
06-03-2009, 11:53 AM
I never understood why a lot of these big ISDs want all 4A schools. The best football towns (apologies to Cuero, Celina, etc.) are single-school 4As and 5As. It seems to me the bigger schools can offer more academically in terms of electives and funding of school activities, and the community is united behind one school academically as well as athletically. Besides, it pushes a lot of these other big schools down into 3A.

There is a certain prestige in being 5A but it seems like there's a race to get out of it. In the end, somebody has to be 5A.

TexasHSFB
06-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
It's not all 4as that they really want. What they want is an entire UIL district made up of only their schools(ie: Ft Bend, Ft Worth, Dallas, Garland). Thataway, the school district runs the UIL athletic district as well. Hm. I never thought of it that way.

And Mac77, I didn't know there was a JH. That might exlplain some of the size. It looked WAY too big for that area.

onsideanytime, thanks for the info. I'm almost for sure about GRHS taking Terry's students because I used to live within 2 miles of the new GRHS and I would have went to Terry HS then had I not moved. Now I'm assuming 90% of the lowerclassmen who live in that area will just go to GRHS because Terry is atleast 10 miles away.

maestro
06-03-2009, 09:45 PM
all schools in lcisd are 4a...

and located in the same district with bay city, el campo..

TexasHSFB
06-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by maestro
and located in the same district with bay city, el campo.. That's a pretty good ways from Richmond to El Campo. I guess just hop on 59 and it's not too bad tho.