PDA

View Full Version : soon 2 be #1 song?

sinton66
06-01-2009, 05:33 PM
#1 song in the US? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0)

Keith7
06-01-2009, 05:48 PM
There is no official language of the U.S... This song is ignorant

sinton66
06-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Ignorance is in the eye of the beholder. The only reason there is no "Official" language is because our elected "representatives" are too namby-pamby to pass the law. (And I'm talking about BOTH parties).

sinton66
06-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
No fun at all! Show some compassion! :mad:

You should consider yourself lucky it was me.;)

Old Dog
06-02-2009, 01:06 AM
We DO have representation in congress; trouble is they only reopresent themselves or whomever greases their pockets.

Our reps jack around for nearly the whole alloted time for bills to be enacted and then have a frantic mess the last two weeks ....... consequently leaving dozens of bills laying on the floor of their respective chambers when the final whistle blows. (Ain't government sweet!!!!!)

Keith7
06-02-2009, 01:36 AM
Considering most of the south is populated with people whose first language is Spanish, perhaps those congress people are representing their constituency correctly

sinton66
06-02-2009, 06:38 AM
What does that have to do with the majority opinion? There's a lot more to this country than south Florida, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. Our educational system didn't do it for immigrants from Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, France, Scandinavia, Viet Nam, and many, many more. Why should we do it for these?

Nobody is saying they don't have a right to preserve their language and heritage, but the whole idea behind the "melting pot" concept is that all people meld into this society and become American citizens loyal to THIS country.

The problem is our "Achilles' heel" has been discovered. Don't like the status quo? File a lawsuit (whether you're a citizen or not). Whatever happened to AMERICA FIRST?

Bullaholic
06-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Perhaps the core question is---Do we have the right to discriminate against anyone who does not put America first in their choices of national allegiance? I say yes---persons who place their allegiances to any other nationality, race, or creed above the interests of America give up the right to have those choices protected by our legal system and constitution.

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
#1 song in the US? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0)

uh, no
she sounds awful

Bullaholic
06-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
uh, no
she sounds awful

I bet not many people would want to tell her that to her face...:D

She looks like one of them hair-pullin', roll around on the floor a-fightin', beer dranking gals..... :D

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I bet not many people would want to tell her that to her face...:D

She looks like one of them hair-pullin', roll around on the floor a-fightin', beer dranking gals..... :D

I'd tell her & I'd say it Spanish too! :devil:

Bullaholic
06-02-2009, 09:17 AM

You know I'd bet on you, P4S....

Ranger Mom
06-02-2009, 09:17 AM

ROFL!!!! :clap: :clap:

DDBooger
06-02-2009, 09:19 AM
LMAO! :clap:

Lion_Addict
06-02-2009, 09:20 AM

:blahblah: :blahblah: You know good and well you ain't got a mean bone in your body...... :p

;)

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
:blahblah: :blahblah: You know good and well you ain't got a mean bone in your body...... :p

;)

Newsflash...I'm not a mod anymore! No need to play nice. :p

BwdLions
06-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Keith7

You're dead wrong, English is the official language of the United States. We have to learn other languages because those that have come over here the past quarter century can't (or won't) learn English.

Reds fan
06-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Considering most of the south is populated with people whose first language is Spanish, perhaps those congress people are representing their constituency correctly

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
Theodore Roosevelt 1907

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
You're dead wrong, English is the official language of the United States. We have to learn other languages because those that have come over here the past quarter century can't (or won't) learn English.

You don't HAVE to do anything! Just ignore them or do like I did yesterday and tell them I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!

Bullaholic
06-02-2009, 09:40 AM
You don't HAVE to do anything! Just ignore them or do like I did yesterday and tell them I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!

mujer problemas fabricante....:D

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
mujer problemas fabricante....:D

Did you just cuss me?

Bullaholic
06-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Did you just cuss me?

No hablo ingles....:D

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 09:46 AM
No hablo ingles....:D

Lo siento

Lion_Addict
06-02-2009, 09:48 AM
MIS DAŅOS DE ASNO

Bullaholic
06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Lo siento

Stand by--I've got to find kep--he's my translator...BTW, that goes for your posts in English or Spanish, especially when you are posting with him or BBDE. :D

Lion_Addict
06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Stand by--I've got to find kep--he's my translator...BTW, that goes for your posts in English or Spanish, especially when you are posting with him or BBDE. :D

http://translation2.paralink.com/ ;)

Ranger Mom
06-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I know the Pledge of Allegiance.....in Spanish!!:D

That is the only thing I retained from Spanish class!!

Sweetwater Red
06-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I know the Pledge of Allegiance.....in Spanish!!:D

That is the only thing I retained from Spanish class!!

I remember the alpabet, the days of the week, and months of
the year. I never recite them though because I sound like the
dumb white guy that thinks he can speak Spanish.

Sweetwater Red
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
uh, no
she sounds awful

That's the first thing I thought. Even the band sounds bad.

44INAROW
06-02-2009, 10:17 AM
** go check out some of the "rejected/banned" commercials on the youtube site.. Some of them are HYSTERICAL but certainly not board appropriate :D

BwdLions
06-02-2009, 10:28 AM
My apologies, I was wrong. English is not the official language of the United States. (I copied this from Wikipedia). I wish it was, but it's not.

Languages of the United States
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The United States does not have an official language;[2] however, the majority of the population speaks English as a native language (some 82%). The variety of English spoken in the United States is known as American English; together with Canadian English it makes up the group of dialects known as North American English. 96% of the population of the U.S. speaks English "well" or "very well".[3] There have been several proposals to make English the national language in amendments to immigration reform bills.[4][5] None of these bills have become law with the amendment intact.

Spanish is the second most common language in the country, and is spoken by over 12% of the population.[6] The United States holds the world's fifth largest Spanish-speaking population, outnumbered only by Mexico, Spain, Argentina, and Colombia. Throughout the Southwestern United States, long-established Spanish-speaking communities coexist with large numbers of more recent Spanish-speaking immigrants. Although many new Latin American immigrants are less than fluent in English, second-generation Hispanic Americans commonly speak English fluently, while only about half still speak Spanish.[7]

According to the 2000 US census, people of German ancestry make up the largest single ethnic group in the United States, and the German language ranks fifth. Italian, Polish, and Greek are still widely spoken among populations descending from immigrants from those countries in the early 20th century, but the use of these languages is dwindling as older generations pass away. Russian is also spoken by immigrant populations.

Tagalog and Vietnamese have over one million speakers in the United States, almost entirely within recent immigrant populations. Both languages, along with Chinese languages, Japanese, and Korean, are now used in elections in Alaska, California, Hawaii, Illinois, New York, Texas, and Washington.[8]

There is also a small population of Native Americans who still speak their native languages, but these populations are decreasing, and the languages are almost never widely used outside of reservations. Hawaiian, although having few native speakers, is still used at the state level in Hawaii along with the English language. Likewise, Louisiana declared French an official language alongside English in 1974. Besides English, Spanish, French, German, Navajo and other Native American languages, all other languages are usually learned from immigrant ancestors that came after the time of independence or learned through some form of education.

Approximately 337 languages are spoken or signed by the population, of which 176 are indigenous to the area. 52 languages formerly spoken in the country's territory are now extinct.[9]

garciap77
06-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
MIS DAŅOS DE ASNO

What the heck!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/happyno.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/happyno.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/happyno.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

SintonFan
06-03-2009, 05:34 PM
What language are you typing in?:thinking: :p :D

sinfan75
06-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I'd tell her & I'd say it Spanish too! :devil: Well I bet in Mexico they don't have press 1 for Spanish!! My ancestors come from Germany in the early 1800's and they learned to speak English. My great-grandparents spoke alot of German around their home but when they went to town and were in public they spoke English. That's how they were raised. Respect for this countries language. Nothin wrong with bein bilingual but other than the immigration office there should be no "Press 1 for English"!!