Let's try this again
Where and when?

If you have a problem with a moderator, take it up in PM

BTownVBall3
05-31-2009, 10:25 AM
I heard Olsen Field in College Station

tigerfan09
05-31-2009, 10:27 AM
That would definitely hold the huge crowd that will be watching this series...

RedStorm
05-31-2009, 01:03 PM
You know Cherney is going to want to play in Weimar

Bull's-eye
05-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
You know Cherney is going to want to play in Weimar

Me too! Great place for baseball and not very far for either team. Didn't Giddings win the game for the #1 seed there?

tigerfan09
05-31-2009, 01:53 PM
I was talking to some Giddings fans after the game in San Marcos yesterday, and they were saying the Giddings coach wants Brenham...I am hoping the game site and time is announced today...:)

tigerfan09
05-31-2009, 07:58 PM
Any news yet? I figured the players would know by now...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by tigerfan09
Any news yet? I figured the players would know by now...

You are the one that started this thread, you sould be the one who knows? If you dont know let someone who does! Maybe someone from the 2 teams that are playing in this game or games! We will wait to hear from you.

LH Panther Mom
05-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
You are the one that started this thread, you sould be the one who knows? If you dont know let someone who does! Maybe someone from the 2 teams that are playing in this game or games! We will wait to hear from you.
Seriously.....again?

44INAROW
05-31-2009, 08:49 PM

dang FBB - he's just excited. All he is trying to do is find out when and where. Why are you being so rude about it? I just don't understand :doh:

bbfan
05-31-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't understand what difference it makes who starts the thread. I mean does it really matter. You sure are not representing Bellville in a nice way.

tigerfan09
05-31-2009, 09:14 PM
Yes, I am very excited about this series! FBB has been very rude to me, and I can't figure out why...

Ranger Mom
05-31-2009, 09:21 PM

I start threads that ask a question all the time! :confused:

bvillebrahma010
05-31-2009, 10:45 PM
jesus ppl, who cares! talk about baseball, not who starts a friggin thread... wow!!

Ranger Mom
05-31-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
jesus ppl, who cares! talk about baseball, not who starts a friggin thread... wow!!

I don't care for baseball, so I have nothing to offer in that aspect!:)

bvillebrahma010
05-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't care for baseball, so I have nothing to offer in that aspect!:)

okay... :/ the topic says " Giddings vs. Bellville Baseball Region IV Championship Series". so if you dont care about baseball and have nothing to offer in that aspect, why are you here? go away... :) toodles

Ranger Mom
05-31-2009, 11:11 PM
okay... :/ the topic says " Giddings vs. Bellville Baseball Region IV Championship Series". so if you dont care about baseball and have nothing to offer in that aspect, why are you here? go away... :) toodles

Ummm.....I'm a moderater...moderate is what I do...regardless of if I like the topic or not.

You will go away before I do....toodles!!

CHS_CG
05-31-2009, 11:18 PM

:doh: :doh: :doh:

CHS_CG
05-31-2009, 11:20 PM

being from the town hes talking about.. should you know???:thinking:

buff4ever
05-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Hey, I think that giddings is going to kick bellville's butt:D :D :D

Come on bellville friends, let's get the smack talk rolling on the topic at hand here.

Tiger09 is trying to live vicariously through you guys b/c yall beat them (wharton) and ended their miserable season. WE later went on to beat the two teams that drummed them during district play.
:D :D :D :D

Now let's leave him out of this other than his input and interest in the game.

Giddings in 2, ha:D :D

assuming that we are not awaiting a coin toss on series vs. one game

This ought to be a heck of a series.

Electus Unus
05-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Gotta love overzealous fair-weather fans from Bellville. They only come around when the team is doing well.

bvillebrahma010
05-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Hey, I think that giddings is going to kick bellville's butt:D :D :D

Come on bellville friends, let's get the smack talk rolling on the topic at hand here.

Tiger09 is trying to live vicariously through you guys b/c yall beat them (wharton) and ended their miserable season. WE later went on to beat the two teams that drummed them during district play.

Now let's leave him out of this other than his input and interest in the game.

Giddings in 2, ha:D :D

assuming that we are not awaiting a coin toss on series vs. one game

This ought to be a heck of a series.

have you talked to coach lately on what may be happening?

bvillebrahma010
06-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Ummm.....I'm a moderater...moderate is what I do...regardless of if I like the topic or not.

You will go away before I do....toodles!!

You have been "moderating" great!! you werent "moderating" when you said how you dont like baseball. moderators are people that preside over a panel discussion, not stick there nose into where it doesnt belong. and, btw, ranger mommy, im not going anywhere... unless you delete me, then ill just create a new name! :) only takes about 2 minutes!!

Ranger Mom
06-01-2009, 12:10 AM
You have been "moderating" great!! you werent "moderating" when you said how you dont like baseball. moderators are people that preside over a panel discussion, not stick there nose into where it doesnt belong. and, btw, ranger mommy, im not going anywhere... unless you delete me, then ill just create a new name! :) only takes about 2 minutes!!

Not that I have to explain myself to YOU....but I just commented to FBB that I ask questions all the time on here. You were the one who stuck YOUR nose into it.

And BTW...I didn't ban you...just thread banned you!!

But....don't be surprised if you do get banned in the near future.

I could care less about your "coming back" threats!!

Johnnypaycheck
06-01-2009, 08:00 AM

[/B]

Real classy there! Good luck to both these teams!

K-MAC Chuck
06-01-2009, 08:01 AM

I just don't understand the need for the bashing in this thread, especially with a moderator..

I've been on this board for over 2 years (a "newbie" by a lot of people's standards), but I can say the 3ADL moderators do their job very well. No need - and no reason - to "pick a fight" with one or to be calling one out..JMHO

trg
06-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Hopefully we will hear soon when and where. Good luck to the boys from Bellville. Keep it going.....

And good luck to both teams on injury free games.

MJMbrahmas10
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Electus Unus Gotta love overzealous fair-weather fans from Bellville. They only come around when the team is doing well.

when isnt our team doing good? seriously

tigerfan09
06-01-2009, 09:03 AM
This should be an awesome series this coming weekend!

BTownVBall3
06-01-2009, 09:59 AM
That sounds terrible and cocky, but it's true. It took some thinking but I thought of a sport Bellville hasn't accelerated in for quite some time. . Girls basketball.

Electus Unus
06-01-2009, 10:32 AM
nm

Bull's-eye
06-01-2009, 10:38 AM
From what I heard, Bellville likes Weimar. The Giddings coaches won't play there because of Bellville's recent success. I still don't believe anything has been decided, but I'm looking for a 3 game series on thursday & saturday.

SintonPirateFan
06-01-2009, 01:21 PM
just want to wish giddings good luck in the rest of the playoffs... with their pitchers and clutch hitting, you guys are sure gonna be the team to beat. should be a great series with bellville though, wish i could be there to see it. should probably be about as good as Calallen and moody down in corpus this week.....

tigerfan09
06-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
From what I heard, Bellville likes Weimar. The Giddings coaches won't play there because of Bellville's recent success. I still don't believe anything has been decided, but I'm looking for a 3 game series on thursday & saturday.

Yeah, from what I was hearing from some Giddings fans on Saturday after the Bellville/Robstown game, they were saying Giddings wanted Brenham. It's looking like Brenham or College Station? Would Brenham High School's baseball field or Blinn's field be able to hold the huge crowds that is expected for this series? I actually attended Blinn in Brenham about 10 years ago, and I don't remember Dreyer field having a good seating capacity.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-01-2009, 01:37 PM
IMO, Bellville has the better starters and Giddings couple of players with HR threat. Giddings 2nd pitcher is decieving as his fastball can be hit but once he starts to hit his outside pitches makes it hard to get a good hit off him. Bellville 2 starters i think is pretty solid.

after all that, i think its a toss up, but whoever wins, will take it in 2 if a best of 3 series.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Thu- Firemens Park Brenham 7:30
Sat- Olsen Field 4:00

RedStorm
06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the info FBB i've been wondering where the games were gunna be. Good choice of venues IMO

LHS 2SONS
06-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Good Luck to both teams, you both have represented D25 very well. Maybe now people will realize what great kids come from this area. Whoever wins GOOD LUCK at the State Championship!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
Good Luck to both teams, you both have represented D25 very well. Maybe now people will realize what great kids come from this area. Whoever wins GOOD LUCK at the State Championship!

Both teams are 2 of the best in state, to bad only one will get to the final 4.

tigerfan09
06-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Courtesy of FormerBellvilleBrahma

Bellville vs Giddings

Thursday - Firemen's Park in Brenham 7:30pm
Saturday - Olsen Field in College Station 4:00pm

Reds fan
06-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Both teams are 2 of the best in state, to bad only one will get to the final 4.

:iagree: :2thumbsup

Should be a fantastic series, Firemans park almost as good as Weimar!

tigerfan09
06-01-2009, 05:58 PM
What is the seating availability look like at Firemen's Park in Brenham? Do you think it will be enough to hold the capacity crowd expected?

buff4ever
06-01-2009, 08:38 PM
This series will be the best 2 game series of the year. W/ giddings advancing.:D :D :D :D

tigerfan09
06-01-2009, 08:39 PM
I am sure this is going to shock the Bellville fans out there...

Go Bellville!

tigerfan09
06-01-2009, 08:41 PM
There may be Thursday first pitch time discrepancy...FBB posted a first pitch time of 7:30pm in another thread...

Per 3abaseball.com

BELLVILLE (22-7) VS GIDDINGS (23-5-1)
Game 1: Thursday, June 4 @ Firemen's Park
(Brenham), 7:00 PM
Game 2: Saturday, June 6 @ Texas A&M, 4:00 PM
Game 3: 30 minutes after Game 2 (If needed)

Can anyone confirm the first pitch time of Thursday's game?

buff4ever
06-01-2009, 08:43 PM

Go Bellville!

what, are you finally realizing that it is best to go for the team that defeated you so that you look better, or do you not get that I am joking with all these bellville peeps.

Giddings will advance though, IN TWO :D

tigerfan09
06-01-2009, 08:44 PM
what, are you finally realizing that it is best to go for the team that defeated you so that you look better, or do you not get that I am joking with all these bellville peeps.

Giddings will advance though, IN TWO :D

No, because I watched them on Saturday and they looked darn good in that 7th inning...

zebrablue2
06-01-2009, 09:13 PM

Go Bellville!

thanks, but please-please-please pick the buffs:D

Buffgal
06-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Thursday 7:30 pm game time @ Brenham Fireman's Park

Saturday 4:00 pm game time @ Olsen Field Texas A & M College Station

tigerfan09
06-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, Buffgal!

SportsDoc
06-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I have watched both of these teams this year but missed their 3 games with each other. I just don't see how Bellville will be able to win two games against this group of Giddings boys. The Giddings team has a lot going for them; on the mound, defensively, and at the plate. I heard someone say the other day that they have nearly 40 homeruns as a team. How many teams can boast that right now at the 3a level? Pretty impressive, but it should still be a fun series to watch.

hollywood
06-01-2009, 10:48 PM
It'll be like this... Teams that will represent each region.

State tourney:

Reg 1: Brownwood
Reg 2: Pleasant Grove
Reg 3: Spring Hill
Reg 4: Giddings

Semi's:
SH vs. Bwd
PG vs. Gid

Final:
We'll have to wait and see.

Bull's-eye
06-02-2009, 03:00 AM
The team from D25 will win R4, take that to the bank. :D

KL3
06-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by SportsDoc
I heard someone say the other day that they have nearly 40 homeruns as a team. How many teams can boast that right now at the 3a level? Pretty impressive, but it should still be a fun series to watch.

Doc, Gidding's field is very small. I believe it's 310 on the corners, but I'm not sure on CF. Either way, it's a glorified little league field. The home team will definately have inflated numbers there.

Buffgal
06-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Buffs had 6 home games.

Homerun stats are legit.

Buffgal
06-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Buffgal
You are absolutely correct about the Giddings field HOWEVER, Buffs had 6 home games.

Homerun stats are legit. And numbers are spread between at least 5 hitters.

hollywood
06-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Question for R4 folks.

What caliber of pitching does each team playing bring to the hump? Who's each teams ace, reliever, closer? What kind of depth does each team have?

Giddings
vs.
Bellville

Rule #76
06-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Doc, Gidding's field is very small. I believe it's 310 on the corners, but I'm not sure on CF. Either way, it's a glorified little league field. The home team will definately have inflated numbers there.

i don't care what size field you play on, you don't play all your games at home either. 40 homeruns is 40 homeruns

buff4ever
06-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Rule #76
i don't care what size field you play on, you don't play all your games at home either. 40 homeruns is 40 homeruns

I was just about to add to docs comment and say that the 2 homeruns sat. against sinton may have hit the 40 mark.

buff4ever
06-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Come on bellville people:clap:

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm rooting for Giddings because they beat us, but I'm sure I'll get accused of rooting for them because I don't like Bellville. :rolleyes:

GO BUFFS GO!

zebrablue2
06-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm rooting for Giddings because they beat us, but I'm sure I'll get accused of rooting for them because I don't like Bellville. :rolleyes:

GO BUFFS GO!

now p4s, how can u not root for the brahmas?? i thought we were your # 2 behind your pirates.. now my feeling are :bigcry:

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
now p4s, how can u not root for the brahmas?? i thought we were your # 2 behind your pirates.. now my feeling are :bigcry: it's real easy some days :p

although, red is my favorite color :thinking: ;)

zebrablue2
06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Come on bellville people:clap:

how many homers did the buffs hit against the brahmas in the 3 games this season?? btw, we will pull out the hackbar in each game, and use it to the full extent. u will know when it hits the buffs... carries a full wallop:evillol:

Reds fan
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM

GO BUFFS GO!

:p I would never say that about you!

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
:p I would never say that about you! :D

You going to watch softball this weekend?

Reds fan
06-02-2009, 04:33 PM
:D

You going to watch softball this weekend?

Would love to but work will prevail:(

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the confirmation, Buffgal!

I had already posted the times.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Bellville will be the Visitor in Brenham for the 1st game.

K-MAC Chuck
06-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Any chance we can get ALL these Bellville/Giddings thread condensed into one thread? just a thought... :cool:

44INAROW
06-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Any chance we can get ALL these Bellville/Giddings thread condensed into one thread? just a thought... :cool:

OK I merged 2 of the latest Bellville/Giddings game threads - only problem - it looks like the "other"thread dissappeared but it didn't - it's merged into this one, so if someone starts bellyaching that a MODERATOR deleted a thread - I hope they notice it was merged into this one ;)

tigerfan09
06-02-2009, 08:52 PM
I had already posted the times.

The reason why I needed confirmation is because originally, 3abaseball.com posted a first pitch time for Thursday as 7pm...

K-MAC Chuck
06-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
OK I merged 2 of the latest Bellville/Giddings game threads - only problem - it looks like the "other"thread dissappeared but it didn't - it's merged into this one, so if someone starts bellyaching that a MODERATOR deleted a thread - I hope they notice it was merged into this one ;)

Lorey,
You da Woman!! Thanks - got tired of chasing down 4 different threads...

buff4ever
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
I heard that Bellville's ace's mom stubbed her toe while walking through the house in the dark to check on her baby??:D

Don't we have anything to talk about

tigerfan09
06-03-2009, 08:54 PM
There's not much to talk about at this point...two very evenly matched teams going at it starting Thursday evening...it will definitely go 3 games...I wonder what kind of crowd will be at the game tomorrow evening in Brenham...

Bull's-eye
06-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Giddings wanted their umpires (ones they get out of their stands), but Cerney said no. :D

bvillebrahma010
06-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Giddings wanted their umpires (ones they get out of their stands), but Cerney said no. :D

lol, and they wanted to play on their field without rain and hail... :D

buff4ever
06-04-2009, 12:37 AM
I heard that bellville was not going to argue any calls just to be arguing, knowing all along they are wrong.:D

bvillebrahma010
06-04-2009, 01:06 AM
i heard that bellville head coach cerny overturned over 10 calls all year long! hmmm... wrong isnt in cerny's vocab! just like everyone said that bellville wouldnt get past wharton, sweeney, even more importantly robstown, and most importantly cuero. like i said, we cant be denied! lol!

buff4ever
06-04-2009, 10:39 AM
i heard that bellville head coach cerny overturned over 10 calls all year long! hmmm... wrong isnt in cerny's vocab! just like everyone said that bellville wouldnt get past wharton, sweeney, even more importantly robstown, and most importantly cuero. like i said, we cant be denied! lol!

Cerny can do his thing, your fans don't know what a ball is and out/safe calls never go their way:D

trg
06-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Good luck to the Bulls tonight! We will be there cheering you on.
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bull's-eye
06-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Cerny can do his thing, your fans don't know what a ball is and out/safe calls never go their way:D

If you are talking about FBB, I agree. :D

SintonFan_inAustin
06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Good luck to both teams, I think one of these teams will be on to much on a roll that they'll take it in 2 games.

Electus Unus
06-04-2009, 12:40 PM
GO GIDDINGS!!!!

bvillebrahma010
06-04-2009, 12:43 PM

Of course they never go their way, thats why they are bellville fans!!

but we dont get umpires that dont understand why there are chalk lines and foul poles on the field either...

Our umpires usually know that the strike zone is from black to black, and letters to knees!

pirate4state
06-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Of course they never go their way, thats why they are bellville fans!!

but we dont get umpires that dont understand why there are chalk lines and foul poles on the field either...

Our umpires usually know that the strike zone is from black to black, and letters to knees!

So you admit to having umps in your back pocket? :D

The umpires are agreed upon by both schools at this level. Sheesh, act like you've been to the playoffs before!

Bulligator
06-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Anyone know the seating capacity for Fireman's Park? Will it be able to hold the crowd tonight?

RedStorm
06-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Word on the street is capacity is very small maybe 400?

Brahma84
06-04-2009, 03:06 PM
There's not much room to stand down the lines either. The dugouts and bull-pens take up most of the side-lines.

duckhunter
06-04-2009, 04:12 PM
while eating at a DQ today in Lee county i overheard an old man talking how the buffs had no chance......something to do with them not used to playing home games at a field with less than 10 light polls surrounding the field???

buff4ever
06-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
while eating at a DQ today in Lee county i overheard an old man talking how the buffs had no chance......something to do with them not used to playing home games at a field with less than 10 light polls surrounding the field???

hey duckhunter, I will see you there.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
06-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Word on the street is capacity is very small maybe 400?

strosfan
06-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Is there any radio coverage or webcast on this one?

Brahma84
06-04-2009, 05:14 PM
K-mac Sports will have a webcast.

SintonFan
06-04-2009, 05:43 PM
Good luck to Giddings and Bellville!
I hope whoever wins this series brings the state title to Region 4!
:clap: :) :clap:

44INAROW
06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Good luck to Giddings and Bellville!
I hope whoever wins this series brings the state title to Region 4!
:clap: :) :clap:

I agree SF:clap: :clap: