PDA

View Full Version : Giddings/Bellville - Region 3 vs. Region 4

Milk That Cow
06-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Giddings and Bellville could arguably say they are having their best team sport seasons in UIL History....

Some would say it's only a coincidence it has happened in Region 4...

Others would say, "it's absolutely" the reason they are having this record breaking success...

I think I might have to agree with the latter...

But, that's just my humble opinion...

Electus Unus
06-01-2009, 02:53 PM
I concur MTC

Johnny Utah
06-01-2009, 03:35 PM
Rockdale was in region 4 for 2 years, went to the State Basketball tourney, had a state champ in the 300 hurdles, made the playoffs in football and softball and baseball. Oh and in girls basketball.

Bull's-eye
06-01-2009, 04:09 PM
I would have to disagree. Bellville VB has been strong for many years, something like 9-10 titles, which means it doesn't matter what region they were in. Bellville had one of their best seasons in football, going to the semi-finals in 2002 before losing to R4 Bandera. Football has been very strong for quite awhile, with alot of that being in R3. Don't forget they were in the districts with Sealy & La Grange, two teams that dominated in the mid 90's & early part of 00's. This year in baseball, they eliminated former R3 teams Wharton & Sweeny. I would say so far R4 Robstown has been their toughest opponent. Bellville softball recently had more succes in R3 than they just had this season.

Giddings lost their semi-final football game with R3 Carthage, but nobody in R3 could beat them either. If I remember correctly, Giddings has been recently very strong in R3 football, going deep into the playoffs several years.

RedStorm
06-01-2009, 05:15 PM
agree ^

KL3
06-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Very well put Bulls-eye. Bellville volleyball would be dominant in any region they are in. The farthest Bellville football has gotten the last 10 years was in Region 3, and like Bulls-eye said, lost to a Region 4 team in Bandera who I believe lost the state title game by 1 point.

This year, Bellville baseball has beaten #1 Cuero, who in a warm-up game, beat Region 3 Bridge City, who just lost to Longview Spring Hill in a tough 3 game series in the region 3 semi-finals.

zebrablue2
06-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Very well put Bulls-eye. Bellville volleyball would be dominant in any region they are in. The farthest Bellville football has gotten the last 10 years was in Region 3, and like Bulls-eye said, lost to a Region 4 team in Bandera who I believe lost the state title game by 1 point.

This year, Bellville baseball has beaten #1 Cuero, who in a warm-up game, beat Region 3 Bridge City, who just lost to Longview Spring Hill in a tough 3 game series in the region 3 semi-finals.

I am pretty sure Bandera won state that yr. out of the 3 spot in their district..

Milk That Cow
06-02-2009, 12:02 AM
GIDDINGS
FOOTBALL - Went through Region 4 Playoffs with ease, with toughest match-up against District Mate-Bellville. Much different path than the last few years when they had knock down/drag out fights in Region 3 and didn't make it past the Quarters
BASEBALL - Have gone through Region 4 Playoffs with ease in it's Most Successful Season In Decades. Matchup upcoming with Bellville...
GIRLS BASKETBALL - Made a strong run with most successful playoff run in years in Region 4. Region 3 was loaded as the State Champion and Two other Top 5 teams met in the Region 3 tournament.
GIRLS SOFTBALL - Made a strong run with most sucessful playoff run in years in Region 4.

Track Teams - a wash...

Again, the facts say Giddings coming from Region 3 came over to Region 4 and has had Success Arguably Not Seen in Buff Sports History....

I'll get to Bellville later....

Electus Unus
06-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Remember when La Grage was coming off of a lot of success in region IV about 6 years ago to Region III and were below average?

WAOBUFFS!
06-02-2009, 04:41 AM
Giddings Girls Track
Region 3 champs 2008
Region 4 champs 2009

MJMbrahmas10
06-02-2009, 08:14 AM
are you saying bellville and giddings are no good or the teams in region 4 are no good?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
06-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
are you saying bellville and giddings are no good or the teams in region 4 are no good?

They're saying Region IV, except for the "Region III Rejects", is no good.

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
are you saying bellville and giddings are no good or the teams in region 4 are no good? where ya been? region 4 is weak, thus Giddings/Bellville are able to excel, so says the milk man.

Ranger Mom
06-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
I am pretty sure Bandera won state that yr. out of the 3 spot in their district..

They did. It was 2002 and they beat us (Greenwood, who was undefeated) in double overtime by a field goal....I remember it like it was yesterday!!:(

44INAROW
06-02-2009, 09:30 AM
nm

cotulla
06-02-2009, 12:12 PM
give props to Giddings and Bellville baseball programs. I think they beat the "class" of region 4 3A baseball when they beat Robstown and Sinton this past weekend.

you hear that all the time, region 4 is the place to be... yeah, watch what Moody and Callallen do in 2 weeks at state baseball tourney.

Milk That Cow
06-02-2009, 01:47 PM
I've been following the Black and Gold a long time...

And it's just been an Outstanding Year for the Buffs...

All Sports(with the exception of boys basketball)...

Again, I'm not trying to call out Region 4,

in 2005, 2006, 2007 just in the case of the Football Playoffs it was flat out brutal how tough it was. Those Buff Teams were Loaded with Talent and a Great Coaching Staff and each week it felt like we were going through the Big 12 South in Region 3 - West Orange Stark, LaVega, Navasota, Liberty Hill, etc..

Then to go through the Region 4 Playoffs this year, and all I could say is....

This Is The Good Life....

Matthew328
06-02-2009, 03:16 PM
We all know Reg. 4 isn't real deep in any sport maybe with the exception of baseball..its just the way it is

cotulla
06-02-2009, 04:10 PM
exactly, they are not real strong in sports across the board when compared to metroplexes... except in baseball.

when you beat robstown and sinton, even in their worse years... you've done something right.

pirate4state
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by cotulla
exactly, they are not real strong in sports across the board when compared to metroplexes... except in baseball.

when you beat robstown and sinton, even in their worse years... you've done something right. we have worse years in baseball???!!! :eek: say what...??? haha

bvillebrahma010
06-04-2009, 02:27 AM
idc what anyone says, region 4 is the toughest baseball region in the state. it was a walk through until regionals in football. but try playing the #1, #6, and #8 teams in the state and winning each of them, rendering no losses in any series!! R3 rejects?? i love name calling! makes victories that much better!

Electus Unus
06-04-2009, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
idc what anyone says, region 4 is the toughest baseball region in the state. it was a walk through until regionals in football. but try playing the #1, #6, and #8 teams in the state and winning each of them, rendering no losses in any series!! R3 rejects?? i love name calling! makes victories that much better! If you knew anything you would know its people from those former region III teams that are now in region IV that gave yall the nickname.

Everyone knows region IV baseball is legit. The rest of the sports except for cuero are kinda LAME.

pirate4state
06-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
idc what anyone says, region 4 is the toughest baseball region in the state. it was a walk through until regionals in football. but try playing the #1, #6, and #8 teams in the state and winning each of them, rendering no losses in any series!! R3 rejects?? i love name calling! makes victories that much better! nvm...

Astro2
06-04-2009, 08:56 AM
I would be curious to know how many football state champs have come out of these two regions in the past two decades or so....??

pirate4state
06-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Astro2
I would be curious to know how many football state champs have come out of these two regions in the past two decades or so....?? http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/football/champions.html

from 1990-to present, the only one i'm confident about is Bandera in 2002. I can't remember if Wimberley was IV in '05?

I don't know if Sealy was Region IV or III when they went on their run in the 90s.

La Grange in 2000 was either III or IV

Liberty Hill was III in 06 & 07, but had been in IV before that.

Looks like a lot of Region I & II winners

ronwx5x
06-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/football/champions.html

from 1990-to present, the only one i'm confident about is Bandera in 2002. I can't remember if Wimberley was IV in '05?

I don't know if Sealy was Region IV or III when they went on their run in the 90s.

These are Region IV state football Champs since 1998. They are not necessarily originally Region III.

2005 Wimberley Dist 27
2002 Bandera Dist 25
2000 La Grange Dist 25

Astro2
06-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/football/champions.html

La Grange in 2000 was either III or IV

Liberty Hill was III in 06 & 07, but had been in IV before that.

Looks like a lot of Region I & II winners

Thanks for the info....
I think ( not positive) Sealy and La Grange came out of Region IV.

K-MAC Chuck
06-04-2009, 11:27 AM
We'll be among the broadcasters of this series:

Game 1 - tonight @ Brenham
Pregame, 7:10 p.m.; first pitch 7:30..crew: Chuck Licata, Merle Bertrand, Reese Turner

Game 2/3 - Saturday @ Olsen Field
Pregame, 3:40 p.m.; first pitch 4 p.m...crew: Chuck Licata, Kevin McAdams, Reese Turner

Bull's-eye
06-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
If you knew anything you would know its people from those former region III teams that are now in region IV that gave yall the nickname.

No, I believe it was a Sinton poster.

bvillebrahma010
06-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
No, I believe it was a Sinton poster.

THANK YOU!!

Electus Unus
06-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Oh well. The information provided about region IV is legitimate. It would have been interesting to see how well those schools would have done in region III but i guess we will never know.

pirate4state
06-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
No, I believe it was a Sinton poster. You know it was! There is no believing to it! I'm sure you can go find the quote in a heartbeat! :)