PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Show Some Respect!

Phil C
05-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Texas A&M has won five college national championships in college sports (and that doesn't include equisitian riding and othe sports) and should be shown respect for it. (Remember I am a UT fan)

The five are:

1. Football in 1939 and I don't care what a two tie USC team or others that claim it just for padding purposes which really doesn't fool informed sources. The AP was the main poll that year and the Aggies deserved that NC no matter what USC says.

2-4. Softball in 1982, 1983 amd 1987.

5. Men's Golf in 2009.

And they have a great shot at winning the 2009 Outdoor Women's Track and Field championship!

More respect please. Those are great accomplishments.

:mad:

Electus Unus
05-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Phil my hat is off to the players of the 1939 team.

lulu
05-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Texas A&M has won five college national championships in college sports (and that doesn't include equisitian riding and othe sports) and should be shown respect for it. (Remember I am a UT fan)

The five are:

1. Football in 1939 and I don't care what a two tie USC team or others that claim it just for padding purposes which really doesn't fool informed sources. The AP was the main poll that year and the Aggies deserved that NC no matter what USC says.

2-4. Softball in 1982, 1983 amd 1987.

5. Men's Golf in 2009.

And they have a great shot at winning the 2009 Outdoor Women's Track and Field championship!

More respect please. Those are great accomplishments.

:mad:

And remember that's where the ones with the most gray matter go too..:D I'm UT fan too but have a niece that's an aggie.

OldBison75
05-31-2009, 07:37 PM
First, let me say that I am not an Aggie fan, although my daughter says she will be an Aggie next year. My two favorite teams are the Longhorns and whoever is playing A & M.

That said, it seems that many people overlook the great accomplishments of the teams from Aggieland. Granted, they may not have as many national championships as some ofthe more storied schools, but at least be real and look at the whole picture.

In reality, they have only been competing on an even field since the 1960's when the focus of the school went beyond agriculture and military. Plus, women were not allowed as students for many years and that discouraged some males from attending the school.

Second, there is no other school, except maybe Army, that has put more young men and women into the officer ranks of the U.S. Armed Forces. These fine representatives of this great university are among the most respected and decorated protectors of our country.

Give the school some respect, in the games we play, they have produced some of the most exciting and tradition rich atmospheres in any college environment. They have traditionally been winners, if not champions. In the game of patriotism, they are at the very top of the list.

Third, I have witnessed both the tragedy of the bonfire collapse and the truimphs of sports and academics at the campus. The student body as a whole is one of the most polite and helpful of any major college campus that I have ever been on. And don't ever forget that this is the home of the most elite and world recognized training centers for emergency services personnel that protect our lives every day. Like the military officers trained there, these people are the ones that run into danger to protect those of us that are trying to run out of danger.

lulu
05-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
First, let me say that I am not an Aggie fan, although my daughter says she will be an Aggie next year. My two favorite teams are the Longhorns and whoever is playing A & M.

That said, it seems that many people overlook the great accomplishments of the teams from Aggieland. Granted, they may not have as many national championships as some ofthe more storied schools, but at least be real and look at the whole picture.

In reality, they have only been competing on an even field since the 1960's when the focus of the school went beyond agriculture and military. Plus, women were not allowed as students for many years and that discouraged some males from attending the school.

Second, there is no other school, except maybe Army, that has put more young men and women into the officer ranks of the U.S. Armed Forces. These fine representatives of this great university are among the most respected and decorated protectors of our country.

Give the school some respect, in the games we play, they have produced some of the most exciting and tradition rich atmospheres in any college environment. They have traditionally been winners, if not champions. In the game of patriotism, they are at the very top of the list.

Third, I have witnessed both the tragedy of the bonfire collapse and the truimphs of sports and academics at the campus. The student body as a whole is one of the most polite and helpful of any major college campus that I have ever been on. And don't ever forget that this is the home of the most elite and world recognized training centers for emergency services personnel that protect our lives every day. Like the military officers trained there, these people are the ones that run into danger to protect those of us that are trying to run out of danger.

Like I said it's where the gray matter is in largest supply.

Phil C
05-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by lulu
And remember that's where the ones with the most gray matter go too..:D I'm UT fan too but have a niece that's an aggie.

Hey lulu I have a post that has been closed but please go to search above and type in Harold Cowley Freer Iron Works and then click it on to read a thread on a man I admired and respected and still do even though he has passed away.

ccmom
05-31-2009, 10:30 PM
OldBison and Phil C, those were a very well written posts and I enjoyed reading them. Gig Em!

injuredinmelee
06-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
They also won a national championship in Meat Judging a few years ago. :thinking:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-01-2009, 04:22 AM
It would be pretty awesome to win a NC in football next year. Man, that would just be phenomenal.