PDA

View Full Version : Galveston question?

Buckeye1980
05-31-2009, 07:06 PM
I am goin to Galveston next week for 4 days of training for work. I have not been in a while except to ship off for a cruise, and did not eat a meal there then....so where do I need to make sure I drop in at? I will be staying at the Moody Gardens Resort Hotel (Thank you State of Texas!) and attending the Texas Corrections Association Conference if anyone else is gonna be there?

OldBison75
05-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Put Gaidos on the list for great seafood. There is also a Joe's Crab Shack and for reasonable priced meals that are pretty darned good, go to Miller's Landing. All are on the seawall and you won't be disappointed at any of them.

44INAROW
05-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I am goin to Galveston next week for 4 days of training for work. I have not been in a while except to ship off for a cruise, and did not eat a meal there then....so where do I need to make sure I drop in at? I will be staying at the Moody Gardens Resort Hotel (Thank you State of Texas!) and attending the Texas Corrections Association Conference if anyone else is gonna be there?

lil44 will be in League City for 5 days - he knows where the good golf courses are if you're up for some golf.. I'd hate to ask him for eating suggestions - he still thinks Taco Hell is "da bomb" lol

Matthew328
05-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Mario's on the Seawall is good for italian food

Buckeye1980
05-31-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
lil44 will be in League City for 5 days - he knows where the good golf courses are if you're up for some golf.. I'd hate to ask him for eating suggestions - he still thinks Taco Hell is "da bomb" lol

Got one round planned at Moody Gardens course ,probably all I will have time for (plus it is paid for!)

sinton66
05-31-2009, 10:47 PM
I'd suggest contacting the Chamber of Commerce. Haven't been to Galveston in about 8 years, but I wonder if those places are all still there after Ike?

WOS87
06-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Except for the hospital system Galveston is pretty much back up and running as it was pre-Ike

Administrator
06-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Note: There are no souvenir shops over the water anymore, don't plan on doing any shopping :( There was a pretty good mexican cafe down off the strand, but I don't know if they've opened up again since Ike.. Check http://www.galveston.com/theoriginal/ and of course http://www.galveston.com/cuisine/

Lion_Addict
06-01-2009, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Administrator
There was a pretty good mexican cafe down off the strand, but I don't know if they've opened up again since Ike.. Check http://www.galveston.com/theoriginal/ and of course http://www.galveston.com/cuisine/

Salsas Mexican & Seafood Restaurant
4604 Seawall Blvd

Have eaten here a couple of times and was pretty good eatin :thumbsup:

Woulda recommended the HOOTERS out in the water, but it's not there anymore courtesy of "IKE" :(

STAggie
06-01-2009, 08:29 AM
Casey's Seafood is really good if you want something a little cheaper than Gaido's. They are owned by the same people. Also, their is a pizza place on the far end of the seawall in the last shopping center that had amazing pizza but I can remeber the name. If you are down for Hibachi or Sushi there is also a place on 61st by the vet clinic.

Johnnypaycheck
06-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
4604 Seawall Blvd

Woulda recommended the HOOTERS out in the water, but it's not there anymore courtesy of "IKE" :(

i'll vouch for this place. pretty good stuff!

pancho villa
06-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Shrimp n Stuff on 39th street (few blocks off seawall). Best Gumbo and fish tacos. Cheapest and best seafood on the island.
I think Mario's on 61st is better than seawall. Go to their lunch buffet if you are there during the week.

hollywood
06-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
4604 Seawall Blvd

Yep, I'll vouch for Salsas as well for Tex Mex. Casey's is good for fresh seafood though.

AAA87
06-01-2009, 11:36 PM
you cant miss it, big fish tail coming out of roof...across from sea wall. great sea food.

Lion_Addict
06-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Also ate at a place called "The SPOT" there on Seawall Blvd.
Had some really good Talapia :thumbsup:

waterboy
06-02-2009, 08:15 AM
If you'd like to have a good ribeye steak, I would suggest the Saltgrass on the seawall near Stewart Beach. I eat there every time I'm there. If it's breakfast you want, the IHOP is good, and so is the Denny's, both on the seawall.

BuckeyeNut
06-02-2009, 09:44 AM
OK Bennos on the seawall, Cajun seafood. Guido's is also good