http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/softball/state/index.html

pirate4state
05-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Good Luck Needville & Spring Hill! :2thumbsup

lulu
05-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Thanks P4S I'M going to get back to you soon. Resting from that whipping of a game yesterday. If we can take Carthage our boys go to state too. I'm one tired body...the heat was terrible.

Our girls play state tour., first game 8:30 am Friday and for championship that afternoon if they win. I think I'm driving down to Austin Thursday night after the boys play and coming back Sat. morning before they play again at 2:pm. It's a 5 to 6 hour drive but I get to see my little grandson so that's a big draw.

lulu
05-31-2009, 07:08 PM

What you know about Celina softball team?

BILLYFRED0000
06-01-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by lulu
What you know about Celina softball team?
They are good with an excellent top pitcher and 2 others that are
very good. They have played an aggressive schedule including 4 and 5a schools. They have the potential to win it all.

pirate4state
06-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by lulu
What you know about Celina softball team? All I know is their motto "Now or Never" because the seniors on this team made it to state as freshman in 2A.

They have a really good pitcher. FSSW did a spotlight on her & the team 2 weekends ago.

BILLYFRED0000
06-01-2009, 09:53 AM
All I know is their motto "Now or Never" because the seniors on this team made it to state as freshman in 2A.

They have a really good pitcher. FSSW did a spotlight on her & the team 2 weekends ago.

Yeah you could say this group of seniors is very hungry and on a mission. I hope they make it. They have really paid their dues.

bulldog25
06-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Im still upset that its Needville not Sweeny going to state but i do know that Needville pitcher cally falls might be one of the smallest softball pitcher you'll ever see but she also is one of the best in the state in 3a.....

Go Needville....

IHStangFan
06-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Good luck Lady Blue Jays!! Make us proud!!!

MN95
06-01-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Yeah you could say this group of seniors is very hungry and on a mission. I hope they make it. They have really paid their dues.

It should be pointed out that this year's team, in addition to the seniors, is bolstered by an excellent freshman class. I believe there are 4 freshman starting.

BILLYFRED0000
06-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by MN95
It should be pointed out that this year's team, in addition to the seniors, is bolstered by an excellent freshman class. I believe there are 4 freshman starting.

And they are good aren't they. Kinda nice to have the young'uns steppin up.

lulu
06-01-2009, 03:56 PM
And they are good aren't they. Kinda nice to have the young'uns steppin up.

Whew!!!!makes me tired just reading it. It is so great when a team has that kind of depth. I feel like we are among the finest when I hear this. Makes me even more proud to hear we are in such great company. Good luck to everyone. I know you guys are as proud to have made it to Austin as we are.

Let's go back those kids!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

celinaorange
06-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Celina girls softball:

Extremely well coached...
Play pre-district games primarily against only established high school programs...
Play only 4A and above tournaments...
95% of girls on Varsity (and 2 JV teams) play only softball (and most play on select outside teams and play year around)...
Most girls have their own personal hitting coach...

scrub c
06-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by celinaorange
Celina girls softball:

Play pre-district games primarily against only established high school programs...
95% of girls on Varsity (and 2 JV teams) play only softball (and most play on select outside teams and play year around)...

I sure hope Needville gets to the FINALS vs Celina.

Go Needville, and Good Luck S. Prihoda in the Pole Vault at State.

lulu
06-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
I sure hope Needville gets to the FINALS vs Celina.

Go Needville, and Good Luck S. Prihoda in the Pole Vault at State.

cancal that......Spring Hill past Celina to meet whoever.

NastySlot
06-02-2009, 10:30 AM
Celina girls softball:

their own personal hitting coach....exclusively theirs?

hey one varsity and two jv's about how many girls in the program?

good luck this weekend.

celinaorange
06-02-2009, 11:34 AM
40+

NastySlot
06-02-2009, 04:54 PM
40+

40 plus great numbers....you all are in a very softball rich area with frisco, mckinney and plano........prosper has always been pretty tough also.

good luck.

flowerchick
06-03-2009, 06:18 PM
First off... Am I the only one, but does it seems lately whenever I want to look on 3A downlow, it is down?During the whole Sweeny/Needville playoff I kept trying to check on the status and it was always down....
Let me know if I am the only one... Also Good Luck to Needville and Angleton.. There is no greater sport feeling for you Kid then to experience that. My daughter got to go twice her Freshman and Sophmore year in softball and it was great! Good luck to all, can't wait to hear how it turns out...

scrub c
06-03-2009, 08:26 PM
yeah, I have the same problem.
works great in the am but in the pm, forget it... down low is down.

BILLYFRED0000
06-04-2009, 07:28 AM
I have no problems with the downlow any time. Maybe the server network you are going thru is the problem. Remember you are not direct connected to the downlow server but proceed thru the server connections necessary by your provider. I know of some providers that have servers in China. herro?????

coxjj
06-04-2009, 08:02 AM
I have no problems with the downlow any time. Maybe the server network you are going thru is the problem. Remember you are not direct connected to the downlow server but proceed thru the server connections necessary by your provider. I know of some providers that have servers in China. herro?????

I experience times when I cannot get on 3adownlow on my home computer. I believe it to be a problem with my ISP (although, so far, they say everything seems fine on their end). There will be times where, for hours or even a couple of days, I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" ... then, at some point, it starts working again. However, during those times, if I try from my work computer or my phone (different ISPs), it's fine. But thru my DSL, either on my home computer or any laptop using the wireless throughout the house, it doesn't work. I am actually in one of those times where it doesn't work right now, but got on thru my work computer. It's been annoying, but, since I've got other ways, I've worked around it.

pirate4state
06-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by coxjj
I experience times when I cannot get on 3adownlow on my home computer. I believe it to be a problem with my ISP (although, so far, they say everything seems fine on their end). There will be times where, for hours or even a couple of days, I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" ... then, at some point, it starts working again. However, during those times, if I try from my work computer or my phone (different ISPs), it's fine. But thru my DSL, either on my home computer or any laptop using the wireless throughout the house, it doesn't work. I am actually in one of those times where it doesn't work right now, but got on thru my work computer. It's been annoying, but, since I've got other ways, I've worked around it. :thinking: hmmmm, that's odd.

Bullaholic
06-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I have experienced this with some of my customers, and in some of those cases, it is a DNS resolution problem. Sometimes the problem can be corrected by changing the DNS Primary and Secondary settings to static IP's of a Public DNS server such as OPen DNS. Here are the Primary and Secondary IP's for Open DNS:

Primary DNS 208.67.222.222
Secondary DNS 208.67.220.220

Be sure to clear this with your IT manager if you are on a network, and write down your old DNS settings prior to making any changes in case you need to restore your old DNS settings. You are on your own if you elect to make thse changes, I accept no responsibility if you encounter problems.

BILLYFRED0000
06-04-2009, 03:48 PM
I experience times when I cannot get on 3adownlow on my home computer. I believe it to be a problem with my ISP (although, so far, they say everything seems fine on their end). There will be times where, for hours or even a couple of days, I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" ... then, at some point, it starts working again. However, during those times, if I try from my work computer or my phone (different ISPs), it's fine. But thru my DSL, either on my home computer or any laptop using the wireless throughout the house, it doesn't work. I am actually in one of those times where it doesn't work right now, but got on thru my work computer. It's been annoying, but, since I've got other ways, I've worked around it.

Generally that means your local provider sucks or your browser has some issues. Probably ought to see what tweaks you need for your browser if applicable. I user firefox 3 on an old box and it runs fine on dsl. I would not change dns settings til I had checked my browser for settings and also gotten someone from the provider who has a clue. If they keep saying nothing wrong there then there probably is something wrong there.

trojan37
06-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Needville-2
Gatesville-1 Final

pirate4state
06-05-2009, 12:40 AM
FINISH!

LH Panther Mom
06-05-2009, 05:31 AM
Do you have a router? If so, try rebooting it.

And yes, there were 3, maybe 4, days a couple or three weeks ago that Admin was doing some maintenance and we were down for a bit.

Bullaholic
06-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Just had it happen here at work---I could browse any site except 3ADL---changed the DNS settings to above nos. in my previous post and no more prob.

celinaorange
06-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Celina 4
Spring Hill 1

Celina vs Needville for AAA state championship Saturday at 2 PM

coxjj
06-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Needville 3, Celina 1

NEEDVILLE 3A STATE SOFTBALL CHAMPIONS!!

scrub c
06-07-2009, 08:10 AM
CONGRATULATIONS NEEDVILLE!!!