PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel vs. La Vernia Updates

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Hey, I may not be at the game, but dang it, i've got connections! :D

I'll be checking in periodically with my relatives who are at the game via their cell phone and I will relay any updates here.

<small>[ August 29, 2003, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: TarponFanInNorthTexas ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2003, 07:55 PM
End of the 1st Quarter, there is still no score.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2003, 08:37 PM
Halftime

Port Isabel - 10
La Vernia - 6

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2003, 09:27 PM
3rd Quarter

Port Isabel - 10
La Vernia - 19

According to my source, the Tarpons don't look sharp at all. Turnovers, and really dumb penalties are killing the Tarpons.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2003, 10:05 PM
This looks like it's going to be a final...

About 2 minutes left in the 4th.

Port Isabel - 17
La Vernia - 29

According to my source, Port Isabel shot themselves in the foot way too many times with turnovers, and eventually La Vernia made Port Isabel pay.

Congrats to the La Vernia Bears for a good win. We'll see y'all later, hopefully.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Well, I may as well get it started. I'm not going to make any excuses for the Tarpons, mainly because I wasn't able to attend the game.

But from what I was able to tell from the information I was receiving from my source.....FUMBLES IN THE RED ZONE ARE A MAJOR NO-NO!!!!! Also, another thing I think hurt the Tarpons was the fact that their 1st scheduled scrimmage against 4A Edcouch Elsa was cancelled due to Tropical Storm Erika....therefore the Tarpons had only 1 scrimmage under their belts before they played La Vernia. That also hurt the Tarpons as far as execution is concerned, which probably led to the high # of turnovers and penalties.

Just remember, I was NOT at the game, I am saying this based on information that I was receiving from my source who WAS at the game.

TARPON DAD
08-30-2003, 11:38 AM
any info on missile?
what happened please let me know.
thanxs

go tarpons go!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-30-2003, 04:38 PM
I wish I could tell you, unfortunately, I wasn't at the game. Maybe some of the other posters on here can fill you in.