PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs Andrews

BEAST
05-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Who wins and why. I take The Wood. Pitching is the difference, and not just Miller.

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
05-30-2009, 07:31 PM
Let us know when and where.

Oh and Brownwood :rolleyes: <hey it worked last time :D

Trashman
05-30-2009, 09:04 PM
I regretfully have to admit that today was the first Lion baseball game that I ever attended.:doh: I was very impressed with the size of the players as well as their ability to play defense. Shelby is a Hoss and when he is throwing heaters it is almost impossible to hit. I have no idea what kind of team that Andrews has but they better be prepared; the light at the end of the tunnel is the Brownwood Express on its way to Austin.:thinking:

BEAST
05-30-2009, 09:34 PM
I am curious if they will want a series or a one gamer. I am confident with either. However, I would just as soon have a 1 gamer and be done with it.

BEAST

BEAST
05-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Just got word, it will be a one game series at Hardin Simmons in Abilene on Saturday, and yes, Miller will be pitching. I just cant help but believe The Wood is heading to Austin.

BEAST

BEAST
05-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Update, the one gamer will take place Thursday at 7:30. Same location.

BEAST

injuredinmelee
05-31-2009, 12:24 AM
see yall there

garciap77
05-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Brownwood wins! Miller will be to much for Andrews, or any team to hit!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy107.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)GO Brownwood!!!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy107.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)GO Brownwood!!!http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy107.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

P.S. How about a M&G?

slingshot
05-31-2009, 11:26 AM
One game? Gotta go with Miller... err Brownwood in this one to win.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-01-2009, 09:39 AM
cant deny miller but andrews has got a pretty good pitcher as well he is no s. miller but the diaz kid prolly can throw low 90s, high 80s and has really good stuff!

GWOOD
06-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
cant deny miller but andrews has got a pretty good pitcher as well he is no s. miller but the diaz kid prolly can throw low 90s, high 80s and has really good stuff!

Diaz is a good pitcher, no doubt. Has been since his sophomore year. But he must have put 10 mph on his fastball since I saw him earlier this year.

Super_R
06-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Is 5 days rest going to be enought for Miller to dominate?

GWOOD
06-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Super_R
Is 5 days rest going to be enought for Miller to dominate?

I would say so. He only pitched 3 games in the month of May. Well, maybe 4, I don't know how much he pitched in the warm-up game with Robinson. But he did have a 2 1/2 week layoff before that.

Super_R
06-01-2009, 10:31 AM
This is the time of the year when rest is extremely important for a pitcher. The heat and fatigue can really take a toll. Dodson from Medina Valley wan't the same beast last year in the State Tourney....overuse got to him.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Diaz is a good pitcher, no doubt. Has been since his sophomore year. But he must have put 10 mph on his fastball since I saw him earlier this year.

at the game in lubbock against snyder thats what i heard and my bro said he was pretty consistent in the high 80s and hit low 90s in the first 2 inn. so i just guessed that someone was clocking him. but i could be wrong.

hollywood
06-01-2009, 03:41 PM
No doubt that Diaz is a good pitcher. No doubt that Andrews is a good ball club. Even if Diaz at minimum throws consistant mid 80's fast balls and has good breakers, Bwd can counter with solid hitting. Any team that's made it this far is GOOD. Each has figured out the formula to play as a team. I'm sure the Andrews kids have played ball together since little league. That's a plus for them. Should be a great game to say the least.

Here's the keys to the game:

1. How many errors will each team commit? So far Bwd has committed zero errors in the post season. Great team defense in the field and great execution once the ball is put into play. Andrews?

2. Miller vs. Diaz... Miller has been chunking it in the low to mid 90's consistantly and can bring it 96-97mph if he cranks it up. Mixes in nasty breakers that'll make you throw your back out of alignment. Not to mention, he's a big framed kid that gets stronger through out the game (6-4, 210 lbs). Fierce competitor. Diaz?

3. Offense...which team shows up with the best bats? Bwd's slugging solid in the post season against some really good pitchers. I know Andrews can light it up, but the key to this is they haven't faced a Miller yet, not even close. Bwd shut down LC who'd been avg 10+ runs a game. Andrews?

I'm putting my stakes on Brownwood. They are a great team... even if it were a 3 game series, I'd still give the edge to Bwd based on depth in pitching.

Note: They have 2 other pitchers that could go at any time that are no slouch.

Ranger Mom
06-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Not to mention, he's a big framed kid that gets stronger through out the game (6-4, 210 lbs). Fierce competitor. Diaz?

Wow.....Miller has shrunk a few inches since football season!!:D :D :D

hollywood
06-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wow.....Miller has shrunk a few inches since football season!!:D :D :D

Yeah, that's because my beloved Rocket wasn't my adviser this time. :D

BEAST
06-01-2009, 04:40 PM
No doubt that Diaz is a good pitcher. No doubt that Andrews is a good ball club. Even if Diaz at minimum throws consistant mid 80's fast balls and has good breakers, Bwd can counter with solid hitting. Any team that's made it this far is GOOD. Each has figured out the formula to play as a team. I'm sure the Andrews kids have played ball together since little league. That's a plus for them. Should be a great game to say the least.

1. How many errors will each team commit? So far Bwd has committed zero errors in the post season. Great team defense in the field and great execution once the ball is put into play. Andrews?

2. Miller vs. Diaz... Miller has been chunking it in the low to mid 90's consistantly and can bring it 96-97mph if he cranks it up. Mixes in nasty breakers that'll make you throw your back out of alignment. Not to mention, he's a big framed kid that gets stronger through out the game (6-4, 210 lbs). Fierce competitor. Diaz?

3. Offense...which team shows up with the best bats? Bwd's slugging solid in the post season against some really good pitchers. I know Andrews can light it up, but the key to this is they haven't faced a Miller yet, not even close. Bwd shut down LC who'd been avg 10+ runs a game. Andrews?

I'm putting my stakes on Brownwood. They are a great team... even if it were a 3 game series, I'd still give the edge to Bwd based on depth in pitching.

I agree with all you have said, you mentioned that the Andrews kids have probably been playing together since childhood, so have the Brownwood kids.

BEAST

hollywood
06-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I agree with all you have said, you mentioned that the Andrews kids have probably been playing together since childhood, so have the Brownwood kids.

BEAST

That's what I love about it most... hometown feel to it. Good stuff!

slingshot
06-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Gotta feeling if you want good seats you better get there early for this one... we were leaving Thursday when I get off work to go watch the state track meet (Wylie has a few kids running in that you know... ;) ) but my kids voted to stay and watch this game and get up really early Friday morning to drive to Austin. Looking forward to it! M&G?

Lion_Addict
06-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Gonna make it this time durnit!!
If yawl decide to do a M&G .........just name it :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
06-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Gonna make it this time durnit!!
If yawl decide to do a M&G .........just name it :thumbsup:

Me too. Is there a Hooters in Abilene? :D

Lion_Addict
06-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Me too. Is there a Hooters in Abilene? :D

:clap: :clap: ......Don't think so bud. Jaguars maybe? ;) :D

Sweetwater Red
06-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
:clap: :clap: ......Don't think so bud. Jaguars maybe? ;) :D

Lol. Been there once. No reason to go back.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Lol. Been there once. No reason to go back.

thats what i have heard

slingshot
06-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Lytle Land and Cattle... Joe Allen's... Copper Creek... all pretty good eats!

Ex-Tiger2005
06-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by slingshot

IMO Fuji's is the poo! I drive all the from Lamesa to eat there but man it is good. Also Ta Mollys was good I worked there for a while!

garciap77
06-03-2009, 12:19 PM
IMO Fuji's is the poo! I drive all the from Lamesa to eat there but man it is good. Also Ta Mollys was good I worked there for a while!

You need to try the Bonsai Garden of the freeway on Clack St., it's better than Fuji's! The price at TaMollys used to be great! Now it's way more expensive.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Really I will try it. Yea I heard ta mollys went up pretty bad!

LH Panther Mom
06-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Something tells me that the "old codgers" crew doesn't go to Hooter's for the food! :1omg!: :1omg!: :D

Sweetwater Red
06-03-2009, 08:44 PM
LMAO! I was trying to figure out how it turned into where to eat at in Abilene.:doh:

Thanks for explaining LHPM.:D

lakers
06-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Really I will try it. Yea I heard ta mollys went up pretty bad!

My new favorite is Belle's Chicken Dinner House off the Winters Fwy near Ambler. If you have ever ate at one of the Babe's in the DFW area then you will enjoy this place b/c it is exactly the same style.
They bring out all the meat on one plate and you get never ending sides and bread.
A+

lakers
06-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Something tells me that the "old codgers" crew doesn't go to Hooter's for the food! :1omg!: :1omg!: :D

No Hooter's in Abilene...:(

Ex-Tiger2005
06-04-2009, 02:47 PM
I AM SURPRISED THERE HAS NOT BEEN ANY TALK ABOUT THE BIG GAME TONIGHT! IS ANYONE EXCITED OR WHAT? I WISH I COULD BE THERE...

Ranger Mom
06-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Without me having to go back and read through all of this thread....my husband wanted to know if this game was going to be webcast?

95mustang
06-04-2009, 02:57 PM
It should be on koxe.com if the link is working. I have to work tonight so I will not get to go to the game but will be cheering the lions on from my office.

BEAST
06-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Without me having to go back and read through all of this thread....my husband wanted to know if this game was going to be webcast?

If you go to www.koxe.com and look in the upper right hand corner you will see a logo for Brownwood Football. Click it and you will be able to listen.

BEAST

Ranger Mom
06-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
If you go to www.koxe.com and look in the upper right hand corner you will see a logo for Brownwood Football. Click it and you will be able to listen.

BEAST

Thanks!!!!

Sweetwater Red
06-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Is anybody going to update this thread?

95mustang
06-04-2009, 07:30 PM
i believe there is another thread open for the updates.

Looking4number8
06-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Good luck to my Mighty Brownwood Lions!

hollywood
06-05-2009, 09:12 AM

Well, guess what... those 3 keys to the game came into effect last night. Hats off to Andrews on the win. They have a great baseball team. Good luck to them in the state tournament!

At this level of play, errors will be exploited by great teams. Andrews did that. That's baseball. Both fought hard the entire game.

Great season Brownwood, great season!

DaHop72
06-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Well, guess what... those 3 keys to the game came into effect last night. Hats off to Andrews on the win. They have a great baseball team. Good luck to them in the state tournament!

At this level of play, errors will be exploited by great teams. Andrews did that. That's baseball. Both fought hard the entire game.

Great season Brownwood, great season! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: This is someone who believes in the Lions but also knows how to take defeat with class. Great job of stepping up and not running and hiding. :clap: :clap:
Kudos to the Lions on a great season and good luck to the Mustangs in Austin.

Ex-Tiger2005
06-05-2009, 11:41 AM
sounds like it was good i wish i was there!