PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed.......

Lion_Addict
05-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I haven't seen anything posted over here about this.....from BrownwoodLions.com. Please keep this young man in your prayers. A friend of my daughter's, and I know he & his family would appreciate it in this very difficult time.

http://www.brownwoodlions.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=731

CHS_CG
05-30-2009, 11:48 AM
can you post the story... it says we have to be logged in to view the thread.

ccmom
05-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Will definitely keep him in my prayers.

Lion_Addict
05-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
can you post the story... it says we have to be logged in to view the thread.

Sorry......my bad.

A lion Needs PRAYER!!!

(May 24th)
Sophomore Josh Hernandez was injured in a one vehicle accident early this morning. He is in Hendricks Hospital in Abilene. Coach Wilson told me that Josh has a punctured lung and a completely severed spinal cord which leads to no feeling or movement in the lower body. He will undergo surgery tomorrow morning to try and repair as much as they can. This family could use your support and prayers at this very difficult time!

(May 29th)
I spoke with Josh's aunt just a bit ago and things took a downward turn last night. According to her, the doctor's told them that his lungs were "over-stressed" causing lots of stress for his entire body. They had to sedate him more heavily than they had been doing. Her words were that he is in a medicine induced coma-type state for now. The doctors have said that his entire body has to rest so that it can fight to heal !!! So, at this time, PRAY!!! This was a big turn for them because they had planned to let him slowly "wake up" last night and today. The doctor's have recommended no visitors outside of family at this time. She did want to express the families thankfulness for all the prayers, visits, etc. If someone wants to stop by and see the family, that is welcomed! I will update you as I have more information!

44INAROW
05-30-2009, 01:05 PM
oh dear - it sounds like prayers are certainly needed for Josh and his family. Prayers sent from Cuero :( Please keep us posted Lion

garciap77
05-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Prayers sent from Wylie!

CHS_CG
05-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Lots of prayers coming from Caldwell!

K-MAC Chuck
05-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Prayers coming in from the K-MAC Sports nation...

zebrablue2
05-30-2009, 07:36 PM
prayers sent!!!

KingRob
05-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Prayers from Germany. I hope the young man pulls through. The worry his parents must be going through. Very sad.

BEAST
05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
This is very sad deal. He was going to be a big part of the defensive line this upcoming year. However, that means nothing. This young man is fighting for his life.

BEAST

gobbler grad
05-30-2009, 09:44 PM
more prayers being sent...

OldBison75
05-31-2009, 08:37 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are being sent from Navasota. In the midst of trials and tragedy, it is our faith in God that sustains us and leads us through. May God bless this young man and his family in this time of trial.

lulu
05-31-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Sorry......my bad.

A lion Needs PRAYER!!!

(May 24th)
Sophomore Josh Hernandez was injured in a one vehicle accident early this morning. He is in Hendricks Hospital in Abilene. Coach Wilson told me that Josh has a punctured lung and a completely severed spinal cord which leads to no feeling or movement in the lower body. He will undergo surgery tomorrow morning to try and repair as much as they can. This family could use your support and prayers at this very difficult time!

(May 29th)
I spoke with Josh's aunt just a bit ago and things took a downward turn last night. According to her, the doctor's told them that his lungs were "over-stressed" causing lots of stress for his entire body. They had to sedate him more heavily than they had been doing. Her words were that he is in a medicine induced coma-type state for now. The doctors have said that his entire body has to rest so that it can fight to heal !!! So, at this time, PRAY!!! This was a big turn for them because they had planned to let him slowly "wake up" last night and today. The doctor's have recommended no visitors outside of family at this time. She did want to express the families thankfulness for all the prayers, visits, etc. If someone wants to stop by and see the family, that is welcomed! I will update you as I have more information!

I will put him on my prayer chains. I have them all over the state due to my daughter going through a bone marrow transplant last year and several months at MD Anderson (she was an all atate athlete). PRAYER was the most wonderful thing ..I cannot begin to tell you but we could literally FEEL it.

May God wrap his arms around you and strenthen you and our prayers will be for a complete recovery and for peace and understanding of God's plan in your life. I send you my love and PRAYERS.

Phillipians 4:13 "i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

lulu
05-31-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by lulu
I will put him on my prayer chains. I have them all over the state due to my daughter going through a bone marrow transplant last year and several months at MD Anderson (she was an all atate athlete). PRAYER was the most wonderful thing ..I cannot begin to tell you but we could literally FEEL it.

May God wrap his arms around you and strenthen you and our prayers will be for a complete recovery and for peace and understanding of God's plan in your life. I send you my love and PRAYERS.

Phillipians 4:13 "i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

I noticed the article was written on the 24th ..do we have an update?

Lion_Addict
05-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by lulu
I noticed the article was written on the 24th ..do we have an update?

I haven't heard anything, and nothing else has been posted since the 29th.

lulu
05-31-2009, 12:17 PM
I haven't heard anything, and nothing else has been posted since the 29th.

Please update as info comes in. This family is going to need our support for a long time.

trojan37
05-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Prayers from West.

LH Panther Mom
05-31-2009, 03:19 PM
Prayers coming from LH :(

pirate4state
05-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Prayers from Sinton

Lion_Addict
06-02-2009, 06:04 AM
by 1BigLion2012 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Here is the latest update as of about 6:30 this evening. The doctors met with the family today and said that Josh's recovery was going to be a very long road. They said that there may be several days were it appears that nothing is changing and then a day when there may be a small improvement noted. He is still completely sedated to allow his body to rest and try to recover. He can not have flowers or balloon in his room, but they are putting cards up in his hospital room.

There is an account at Citizens Bank for any donations that people chose to make.

On Thursday, the Youth Fair folks, along with Kohler, will have a brisket plate luncheon beginning at 10:00 A.M. to benefit the family. This will be held at the fair grounds. There is a possible fund raiser being worked on at Bruners on Friday--sausage wraps, etc. This is still in the works and I will post more info as I have it.

The Cowboy Church is having a silent auction on Sunday to help out as well.

I will post more as I get more information.

GrTigers6
06-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Glen Rose sends their prayers. My son went thru that last year. He went head on with a tree. He hit the tree so hard the tool box that was bolted on broke the rear window and and flew out the back. He had to be cut out of the truck and then was air lifted to Harris Methodist in Fort Worth. Luckily the only major injury was his ankle was shattered. It took 8 months of rehab. but he is fine now and playing ball again. if you had seen the truck you would be suprised that was all his injuries. The cab was only 18 inches wide from windshield to back window.God helped us thru, and I know he will do the same for Josh.

BuckeyeNut
06-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Prayers from Gilmer

lulu
06-02-2009, 08:24 AM
by 1BigLion2012 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:00 pm

Here is the latest update as of about 6:30 this evening. The doctors met with the family today and said that Josh's recovery was going to be a very long road. They said that there may be several days were it appears that nothing is changing and then a day when there may be a small improvement noted. He is still completely sedated to allow his body to rest and try to recover. He can not have flowers or balloon in his room, but they are putting cards up in his hospital room.

There is an account at Citizens Bank for any donations that people chose to make.

On Thursday, the Youth Fair folks, along with Kohler, will have a brisket plate luncheon beginning at 10:00 A.M. to benefit the family. This will be held at the fair grounds. There is a possible fund raiser being worked on at Bruners on Friday--sausage wraps, etc. This is still in the works and I will post more info as I have it.

The Cowboy Church is having a silent auction on Sunday to help out as well.

I will post more as I get more information.

God bless this family. Thank you for the update. Did I see that his spinal cord was severed in an earlier post?
My heart aches for them and I pray that God will strengthen his body and comfort their hearts and let his presense be felt. Please everyone.....PRAY everytime you think of this.

waterboy
06-02-2009, 09:15 AM
I am sending a special prayer to this young man and his family. We don't always know what God's plan is for us, but if we call on His name He does hear it. I'm praying He will show His miraculous mercy on him and his family.

Pirate Mom
06-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Those of us in the LaVega Pirate family know all too well what these guys are going through. One of our O-line kids was in a single car accident this spring and almost severed his spinal cord. We asked for prayers for him then and the outpouring from everyone was wonderful. He is still working on recovery and it is VERY slow, but we saw him last night and are so thankful that he is still with us and has a life to live. We will lift Josh and his family up in our prayers...it will be a LONG road with lots of bumps, but we trust that God knows what is best and will be working in this young man's life.

Lion_Addict
08-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Just gotta text from my daughter saying that Josh is getting to come home from the hospital today!!:clap: :clap:

solocam
08-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Prayer sent

BILLYFRED0000
08-20-2009, 11:22 AM
What is the current news on the young man. prayers still coming.

Lion_Addict
08-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
What is the current news on the young man. prayers still coming.

I don't want to give out any wrong info, but I will try and find out.

Old Green
08-20-2009, 12:15 PM
We'll keep Josh and his family in our prayers.

ccmom
08-20-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm glad he is getting to come home. We will continue to pray for him.

RedWhiteBlue
08-20-2009, 04:27 PM
Continuing to pray for Josh and his family in Graham. Wish them the very best in his recovery!!

SHSBulldog00
08-20-2009, 04:32 PM
Good Luck to Josh and his family in his recovery. Glad to see him come home.

RTigMom
08-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Prayers from Rockdale....

zebrablue2
08-20-2009, 10:17 PM
A big prayer from Bellville!!!