PDA

View Full Version : Pleasant Grove 11 Kennedale 3

GWOOD
05-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Pleasant Grove advances after a 1-0 win last night and a victory tonight. They will face winner of Princeton/Celina in the Region 2 Finals.

pirate4state
06-01-2009, 11:18 AM
They have been quietly going about their business. They still have that pitcher from last year? Or was it the year before? Damn, I hate getting old. :(

GWOOD
06-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Yes, Michael Wacha is his name. He is a senior this year. I hear he has an non-serious arm injury right now. The scary thing about Pleasant Grove is that they beat Kennedale in two games without him. I heard he was available to pitch if they needed him to. So I am assuming he will be ready this week.

He has signed with Texas A&M.

And yes, Pleasant Grove has quietly marched on through the playoffs.

Giddings, Bellville, Spring Hill, Carthage, and Brownwood getting all the attention right now.

pirate4state
06-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Yes, Michael Wacha is his name. He is a senior this year. I hear he has an non-serious arm injury right now. The scary thing about Pleasant Grove is that they beat Kennedale in two games without him. I heard he was available to pitch if they needed him to. So I am assuming he will be ready this week.

He has signed with Texas A&M.

And yes, Pleasant Grove has quietly marched on through the playoffs.

Giddings, Bellville, Spring Hill, Carthage, and Brownwood getting all the attention right now.

I haven't paid attention. Did Celina win game 3?

GWOOD
06-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I haven't paid attention. Did Celina win game 3?

No Princeton won 6-3. I got over in time to see the last 3 innings.

Interesting note: Princeton finished 3rd in their district and now here they are playing in the regional finals.