PDA

View Full Version : Canceled Shows for 2009/10 Season

Emerson1
05-29-2009, 12:18 PM
1. 13: Fear is Real (CW, Aired 8 Episodes)
2. According to Jim (ABC, Aired for 8 Seasons)
3. America's Toughest Jobs (NBC, Aired for 10 Episodes)
4. Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader (Fox, Aired for 3 Seasons)
5. Boston Legal (ABC, Aired for 5 Seasons)
6. Chopping Block (NBC, Aired for 1 Season)
7. Crusoe (NBC, Aired for 1 Season)
8. Cupid (ABC, Aired 8 Episodes)
9. Dirty Sexy Money (ABC, Aired for 2 Seasons)
10. Do Not Disturb (Fox, Aired 3 Episodes)
11. Don't Forget the Lyrics (Fox, Aired for 2 Seasons)
12. Easy Money (CW, Aired for 4 Episodes)
13. Eleventh Hour (CBS, Aired for 1 Season)
14. Eli Stone (ABC, Aired for 2 Seasons)
15. ER (NBC, Aired for 15 Seasons)
16. Everybody Hates Chris (CW, Aired for 4 Seasons)
17. The Ex List (CBS, Aired 4 Episodes)
18. The Game (CW, Aired for 3 Seasons)
19. Game Show in my Head (CBS, Aired 8 Episodes)
20. Harper's Island (CBS, Aired for 1 Season)
21. Hole in the Wall (Fox, Aired for 1 Season)
22. Homeland Security USA (ABC, Aired 8 Episodes)
23. Howie Do It (NBC, Aired for 1 Season)
24. In Harm's Way (CW, Aired 5 Episodes)
25. In the Motherhood (ABC, Aired 4 Episodes)
26. Kath & Kim (NBC, Aired for 1 Season)
27. King of the Hill (Fox, Aired for 14 Seasons)
28. Kings (NBC, Aired for 1 Season)
29. Knight Rider (NBC, Aired for 1 Season)
30. Life (NBC, Aired for 2 Seasons)
31. Life on Mars (ABC, Aired for 2 Seasons)
32. Lipstick Jungle (NBC, Aired for 2 Seasons)
33. Momma's Boy (NBC, Aired 6 Episodes)
34. My Name is Earl (NBC, Aired for 4 Seasons)
35. My Own Worst Enemy (NBC, Aired 9 Episodes)
36. Opportunity Knocks (ABC, Aired 3 Episodes)
37. Osbournes: Reloaded (Fox, Aired 1 Episode)
38. Prison Break (Fox, Aired for 4 Seasons)
39. Privileged (CW, Aired for 1 Season)
40. Pushing Daisies (ABC, Aired for 2 Seasons)
41. Reaper (CW, Aired for 2 Seasons)
42. Samantha Who? (ABC, Aired for 2 Seasons)
43. Secret Millionaire (Fox, Aired 6 Episodes)
44. Sit Down, Shut Up (Fox, Aired 4 Episodes)
45. Superstars of Dance (NBC, Aired 5 Episodes)
46. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chornicles (Fox, Aired for 2 Seasons)
47. Valentine (CW, Aired 4 Episodes)
48. The Unit (CBS, Aired for 4 Seasons)
49. The Unusuals (ABC, Aired 6 Episodes)
50. Without a Trace (CBS, Aired for 7 Seasons)
51. Worst Week (CBS, Aired for 1 Season)

kepdawg
05-29-2009, 12:20 PM
And they will all be replaced with people trying to get off islands, get a spouse, or get a singing contract! :rolleyes:

Emerson1
05-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Another break down of shows including what is replacing them

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fall-TV-Schedule-1005618.aspx

gtownfan
05-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Going to miss "The Unit"! I heard it was just too expensive to produce, thus it was cut.

crzyjournalist03
05-29-2009, 12:24 PM
Looks like a lot of crappy game shows got canceled.

Emerson1
05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Going to miss "The Unit"! I heard it was just too expensive to produce, thus it was cut.
I heard a bunch of reasons. Some political. Another was it was being produced by Fox. This show would be great on a channel like FX or USA

CHS_CG
05-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I am going to miss Without a Trace... the last few seasons my mom and I havent missed an episode thanks to our DVR.

Trashman
05-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I was in hopes that the "Not Reality TV" craze would have ended by now.:(

BreckTxLonghorn
05-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I heard a bunch of reasons. Some political. Another was it was being produced by Fox. This show would be great on a channel like FX or USA

I always liked the show the way it was, but you're absolutely correct. It would be amazing on FX.

scrub c
05-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I am going to miss Without a Trace...

ditto

Sweetwater Red
05-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I was in hopes that the "Not Reality TV" craze would have ended by now.:(

I said the same thing about gangster rap.:(

BwdLions
05-29-2009, 12:59 PM
I am going to miss Without a Trace... the last few seasons my mom and I havent missed an episode thanks to our DVR.

I second that. That one and Criminal Minds are (were) my favorites.

crzyjournalist03
05-29-2009, 01:06 PM
I saw a test episode of ABC's upcoming show "Modern Family" and thought it was not funny and pretty offensive.

CHS_CG
05-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions

I like all of the shows like that... we DVR all the CSI's, Without A Trace, Criminal Minds, Numbers, NCIS, Cold Case... I think I am missing some lol.

Ex-Tiger2005
05-29-2009, 01:15 PM
eleventh hour was pretty good! a lot of the shows i can do without that "Howie do it" was pretty pathetic.

44INAROW
05-29-2009, 01:16 PM
me too - I have watched them from the beginning and still watch/rewatch on TNT when they are on.. I really wanted to see how Samantha and Jack handled their relationship on Without a Trace and on Criminal Minds - the season finale made it look like Hotch (sp) might be leaving the unit. I guess we'll never know :( I also like "Dirty, Sexy, Money" but it was probably not main-stream enough.. "The Unusuals" was good I thought..

I like all of the shows like that... we DVR all the CSI's, Without A Trace, Criminal Minds, Numbers, NCIS, Cold Case... I think I am missing some lol.

same here Talena

BwdLion73
05-29-2009, 01:44 PM
I like "Big Bang Theory"...It makes me think of what a moderators meeting of the 3A downlow must be like......;)

OK.. sorry........nooooooo....:hairpunk:

BreckTxLonghorn
05-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I saw a test episode of ABC's upcoming show "Modern Family" and thought it was not funny and pretty offensive.

Is that same as 'Goode Family' ?

Emerson1
05-29-2009, 02:16 PM
You don't think anything is funny.

crzyjournalist03
05-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Is that same as 'Goode Family' ?

No...Modern Family is about a middle-aged guy who marries a young foreign woman who has an 11-year old son.

The middle-aged guy has a daughter with three terrors for kids and a son in his 30s who is gay and has an extraordinarily flaming husband that quite often embarasses the son, and they adopt an Asian newborn but don't tell the middle-aged man because they know he won't approve.

crzyjournalist03
05-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You don't think anything is funny.

That's kind of random...where'd that come from?

BreckTxLonghorn
05-29-2009, 02:29 PM
No...Modern Family is about a middle-aged guy who marries a young foreign woman who has an 11-year old son.

The middle-aged guy has a daughter with three terrors for kids and a son in his 30s who is gay and has an extraordinarily flaming husband that quite often embarasses the son, and they adopt an Asian newborn but don't tell the middle-aged man because they know he won't approve.

Well....

...I thought the Goode family was pretty funny. Not a bad
new series from Mike Judge.

ILS1
05-29-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm gonna miss:

11. Don't Forget the Lyrics (Fox, Aired for 2 Seasons)

27. King of the Hill (Fox, Aired for 14 Seasons)

34. My Name is Earl (NBC, Aired for 4 Seasons) This is rumored to be picked up by TBS or ABC.

46. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chornicles (Fox, Aired for 2 Seasons) Gonna miss the 'HOT' Terminator Summer Glau!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

PurpleFreddy
05-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Some shows had run their course and got a fair shake. Others, I just don't understand. My wife's gonna be pissed about losing Life and The Unusuals.

I'm gonna continue to find my favorite programs on non-traditional networks: Food Network, A&E, Travel Channel, etc.

44INAROW
05-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Some shows had run their course and got a fair shake. Others, I just don't understand. My wife's gonna be pissed about losing Life and The Unusuals.

I'm gonna continue to find my favorite programs on non-traditional networks: Food Network, A&E, Travel Channel, etc.

glad to find out I wasn't the only one that liked The Unusuals.. had that quirkly type of humor :)
PF - I like the Food Network too - Triple D is my favorite and I have lately been watching "Chopped" - A&E shows some good stuff - including Crossing Jordan :) Everynow and then they'll show "Philly" - that was a good show but it didn't last but 1 season. :(

still pi$$ed about "Dirty, Sexy, Money" not returning but it doesn't surprise me :(

lulu
05-29-2009, 06:37 PM

Mine too..both of those. and the Unit.

CHS_CG
05-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
glad to find out I wasn't the only one that liked The Unusuals.. had that quirkly type of humor :)
PF - I like the Food Network too - Triple D is my favorite and I have lately been watching "Chopped" - A&E shows some good stuff - including Crossing Jordan :) Everynow and then they'll show "Philly" - that was a good show but it didn't last but 1 season. :(

still pi$$ed about "Dirty, Sexy, Money" not returning but it doesn't surprise me :(

Triple D is my total favorite then comes Ace of Cakes and Throwdown with Bobby Flay! One show that I am glad isnt going away is Deadliest Catch on Discovery! I am addicted to that show.. DVR it every Tuesday!

PurplePride2006
05-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Television just won't be the same without King of the Hill

3afan
05-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan

ya me too

Diocletian
05-30-2009, 07:42 AM
I'm just glad my favorite show has been cleared for another season.

Breaking Bad - on AMC

Best TV I think I have ever seen.

Ranger Mom
05-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Where do yall find the time? I don't think I have watched a single episode of anything that was listed!!

Maybe I am ADHD...I can't sit still for that long!!

CHS_CG
05-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Where do yall find the time? I don't think I have watched a single episode of anything that was listed!!

Maybe I am ADHD...I can't sit still for that long!!

For mom and I we DVR almost everything and then catch up at night or on Sunday nights

44INAROW
05-30-2009, 12:14 PM
For mom and I we DVR almost everything and then catch up at night or on Sunday nights

same here - we hardly ever watch the shows 'live" Love DVR ;)

CHS_CG
05-30-2009, 01:18 PM

I do as well..... I really cant stand to watch live tv bc of the commericals! Taylor is getting smart now...she has learned how to pause the tv and rewind it lol.

JasperDog94
05-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
I'm gonna miss:

34. My Name is Earl (NBC, Aired for 4 Seasons) This is rumored to be picked up by TBS or ABC.

46. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chornicles (Fox, Aired for 2 Seasons) Gonna miss the 'HOT' Terminator Summer Glau!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: I'm really disappointed about losing these two. I'm not overly surprised about losing Terminator, but Earl surprised me.

At least they kept Chuck. I love that show!

Stupid NBC giving away 1/3 of their programing to Jay Leno!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

lulu
05-31-2009, 01:34 PM

Yeah DVR rocks.

crzyjournalist03
06-01-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I'm really disappointed about losing these two. I'm not overly surprised about losing Terminator, but Earl surprised me.

At least they kept Chuck. I love that show!

Stupid NBC giving away 1/3 of their programing to Jay Leno!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

They'd just better hope that more people are interested in Jay than they were in Rosie...

piratebg
06-01-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm gonna miss Terminator: The Sara Conner Chronicles and Eleventh Hour. The only good news out of this it freed up some space on my DVR, but I'd rather have the shows.

PPHSfan
06-02-2009, 03:05 AM
The Best show on this list is King of the Hill. Man I will miss that show. Hank Hill is my Hero.